• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 Tables don't transfer to XBO from 360 [Zen Pinball 2 on Playstation do]

Gowans

I have a character limit in the title so hope it makes sense anyway:
Pinball FX 2 Tables to not transfer over from 360, Unlike Zen Pinball 2 Tables on PS4 from PS3.

Sources:

Pinball FX2 is Coming to Xbox One!
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4725

Zen Pinball 2 Receives a Huge Table Update on PlayStation 4
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4693

Don't Blame the developer:

Can I import my existing Xbox 360 tables, scores, or achievements to Xbox One?

Unfortunately not. We know this is very important to fans of the Xbox 360 version, but we are very sorry to say that this was not an option made available to us on Xbox One. We always do our best to take advantage of any platform’s features whenever possible, and if a feature like cross-platform entitlement is an option for us, we will make it an option for our players. Unfortunately in this case, it was not.

UPDATE:

From Polygon http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/16/5904785/pinball-fx2-xbox-one-release-date

Update: A Microsoft spokesman replied that "with Xbox One, you are able to transfer add-on content from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for certain titles. We are working with Zen Studios to bring this feature to Pinball FX 2."

zorbsie

This is horseshit. But they did the same thing with pinball fx on windows 8. Good point Diablohead, I forgot about game room cross buy support. Looks really bad when cross buy works with Vita/PS3/PS4.

manual4

Banned
People are already getting there feedback out on Reddit, Twitter and the new Xbox Feedback site.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-gaming-achievements/suggestions/6179863-enable-cross-platform-purchase-history-for-games-l

That policy is terrible and as someone who owns all the 360 tables it rules me out of buying any old or new on the XBO.

Undoes a lot of the good work been done by Xbox over the last few months too.
oh come on now, not having cross buy on one game all of a sudden means the good work on xbox does not matter, so being able to transfer all our dance central dlc to the new one coming in the fall for the xbox one means nothing?

Gowans

I know but it's easy to get lost, I thought this was something of note that needed it's own thread for exposure.

Seems like the devs are really working hard and being vocal to have this changed on their site, on twitter and in their forum.

oh come on now, not having cross buy on one game all of a sudden means the good work on xbox does not matter, so being able to transfer all our dance central dlc to the new one coming in the fall for the xbox one means nothing?

Yeah but not having the same parity and perks that your competitor is showing is shitty and does know me on their business practices on how far they will go to support their users.

I'm not loosing sleep over it, its just a shame.

Fucking absurd. I have bought all but the soccer tables on X360, too. No way I'm buying that stuff again when I already own half of those again on PS3 and get access to the PS4 versions as they become available. Get your shit straight, MS.

AlStrong

I know but it's easy to get lost, I thought this was something of note that needed it's own thread for exposure.

Seems like the devs are really working hard and being vocal to have this changed on their site, on twitter and in their forum.

Fair enough.

Maybe a mod could just change or add to the other thread's title instead though.

Anyone who's interested in the game would have clicked on the announce topic here and discussed this there. The discussion there is pretty decent and goes with the announcement, so don't think it really needs to be seperated out and splitting the discussion to two places.

With that said, it's a damn shame they don't transfer.

Gowans

The more I read on this the more I'm impressed with Zen Studios here, they seem to be busting a gut with MS to get this changed.

It's hurting the biggest fans the most.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?6659-Pinball-FX2-on-Xbox-One-FAQ&p=52692#post52692

I do understand why you're upset. We are too. We definitely do not want people to have to repurchase the same content. All feedback will be sent to Microsoft and we will be working on making this right.

Unfortunately this wasn't even an option made available to us on Xbox One like it is on Sony platforms.

I think a big part of it is that MS did not expect this kind of reaction from fans. We knew people wouldn't be happy about it (because we pay very close attention to what is important to you guys and what features you'd like to see). I think now that they are getting lots of negative reactions, they feel inclined to change. We're pushing them to make imports a feature available to us, fingers crossed that we can get them to do this quickly.

Thanks for your feedback everyone, I will be sending your comments to all involved so hopefully we can get some sort of import deal or at least a discount for those who have purchased tables on Xbox 360. I will update this thread with news if/when we get it.

Thanks! And yes, delivering this news today felt really awful after just announcing all the new stuff to import from PS3/Vita to PS4. Definitely want to be able to be as fair as possible when it comes to our products. I hope you decide to stick around the forums even after we get this sorted out (as you can see I'm VERY optimistic that we'll be able to get you what you want :)

I'm not sure about the technical details of it, it just wasn't an option that we were given for Xbox One. Like I said, we are busting our buns to get this changed. :)

Sanjuro

Can't say I'm happy about this. Already shafted by the delay of tables, XB1 launch, and now I have nothing to show for the money I plopped down.

Should be be all entitled? Probably not. We are already well aware of the transfer to this current gen.

Just upsetting.

Barbie Bobomb

Neo Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will add your comments in this thread to our growing list of comments that will be sent to all parties involved.

Hopefully we'll have some good news for you soon.

Gowans

Yeah your right Sanjuro.

Spent a lot of money, love the game, but because I'm on xbox I have to pay again.

No nice way to put it, I love the game, love the leaderboard banter but I can't invest again and that also means I'm not buying new tables.

I really hope the devs work with MS to sort it and this gets exposure.

They already have the system in place with Spartan Assault, Minecraft and Dance Central Spotlight DLC, hopefully they can give them a good kick with our feedback.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will add your comments in this thread to our growing list of comments that will be sent to all parties involved.

Hopefully we'll have some good news for you soon.

That is awesome Barbie, it's great that your working so hard for your community on this.

I didn't play Pinball FX2 on my 360 so this doesn't affect me but its a pretty big thing and something that should have been obvious to Microsoft that the developers and consumers would want.

People paid money for their tables on 360, its pretty poor of Microsoft to not have a system in place for the developer to have a solution to move the tables across if they wanted it, its 2014, not 2002 and Sony have been doing this for what, 2 years give or take.

Microsoft used to be the front-runners of the console online space and now they're being shown up badly, its clearly not impossible either since saves and prior purchases can be linked between systems for other games - seasons passes at launch, Minecraft discounts and saves etc, Halo Spartan Assault had a discount

It seems like such a basic feature especially when the competition can do it and not only that they did it before the Xbox One version came out too so there was time to see that and do something about it. I hope MS take a long look at the feedback they're going to get over this

From Gowans post I picked out this:

I think a big part of it is that MS did not expect this kind of reaction from fans. We knew people wouldn't be happy about it (because we pay very close attention to what is important to you guys and what features you'd like to see). I think now that they are getting lots of negative reactions, they feel inclined to change. We're pushing them to make imports a feature available to us, fingers crossed that we can get them to do this quickly.

I find it troubling that MS didn't see this coming (even if speculation)

Sony has been doing it for like 3 years, longer if you count the portability of PS1 Classics and PS Minis. The writing has been on the wall and MS had ample time to get this feature in place if they wanted to. When they refused the same cross-entitlement with the Windows 8 version of Pinball FX2 tables and 360 while Zen was offering cross-buy on everything for PS3/Vita I switched. I owned many tables on Xbox and rebought most of them for PlayStation, literally driven away by this kind of consumer hostile policy. I didn't have as many people playing on my PSN friends list to compete for high scores back then, but more and more seem to have migrated over for similar reasons.

EdgeXL

I got off the phone with Xbox support. The representative was very nice and he even said he would not be happy about this. He did promise to forward my complaint to the Xbox team.

Who knows what will happen from this point? If the developer forwards enough complaints and we put enough pressure on Microsoft we might be able to change this. If not, then I will not buy any more tables on the Xbox platform so long as this limitation is in effect. It will suck for me because I'd prefer to have all of my tables on one system but there is no way in hell I am going to repurchase my tables on Xbox One.

U2NUMB

Update posted to the polygon article... Sounds like good news a coming! Good job everyone, keep it up

"Polygon reached out to a Microsoft representative to ask if the limitation facing cross-platform compatibility was in the hardware itself, the Xbox Live Marketplace or something else. This story will be updated with any response.

Update: A Microsoft spokesman replied that "with Xbox One, you are able to transfer add-on content from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for certain titles. We are working with Zen Studios to bring this feature to Pinball FX 2."

graywolf323

Gold Member
Update posted to the polygon article... Sounds like good news a coming! Good job everyone, keep it up

"Polygon reached out to a Microsoft representative to ask if the limitation facing cross-platform compatibility was in the hardware itself, the Xbox Live Marketplace or something else. This story will be updated with any response.

sorta reminds me of the launch parity clause for ID@Xbox in so much of if you are going to have exceptions why not just make it possible for everything?

Krilekk

Banned
sorta reminds me of the launch parity clause for ID@Xbox in so much of if you are going to have exceptions why not just make it possible for everything?

Cause it's planned for later down the road and they don't have the ressources and/or need to do it now. I'd imagine cross buying will come with Dance Central.

Kampfheld

Banned

I said it before and I am saying it again: it will be possible for everyone. The store tech to simply make it possible with a few clicks just isn't ready yet. It will be later this year. It never was a policy problem. They will (probably) just do it manually now. This means more work and more resources.

Not meaning to necrobump this or anything, but has anyone been able to import the latest X1 tables that they already bought on X360: Excalibur, Earth Defense Force, and one of the first Marvel packs with Wolverine? All it does is ask me to pay full price at the confirmation screen.

Top Bottom