• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pistola Procession - NeoGAF's Sidearm Armoury

Firearms. Love them or hate them they're here to stay and have been comfortable in our domain for hundreds of years. They're responsible for countless robberies, personal protection and recreational shooting, but firearms aren't strictly tools of damage, they can be appreciated in many other ways hence the purpose of the thread. Allow me to state that I'm personally not the biggest fan of firearms, I dislike what they have represented in the past, and the mutilating effects higher calibres can inflict on the human body, but I'm not completely against them and do appreciate specific side arms in the form of pistols. They're the most widespread of all weapons in existence ranging from simple purse pistols to full-blown magnums, the choices are practically endless. Maybe you own one of these pistols for yourself, enjoy the beauty of a specific design or recall a memorable portrayal in media? Whatever the reason might be behind your admiration of a particular model is irrelevant, what matters is that the admiration is there.

Rules Of The Range:

Pistols are to be the only weapons on the range.
Three selections only, keep to this rule or eat lead.
Revolvers are valid options and therefore allowed.
Semi-automatics are cool, but not fully-automatic.
Submit a favourite portrayal if you haven't used it.

Mine:

1 - M1911 (Face/Off)
The most influential semi-automatic pistol of all time is a favourite of mine and many throughout history. I've never owned or fired one, but the absolutely beautiful smooth design of the M1911 is something to behold. I remember it vividly in Face-Off where Castor Troy has two gold-plated ones which look cheap nowadays but looked amazing at the time. He holsters them behind his back and whips them out when the going gets tough.
52c420647cbdc685e9f395ba424ac872.jpg
600px-FO-Gold1911s-5.jpg
600px-FO-Gold1911s-6.jpg
600px-FO-Gold1911s-1.jpg

2 - Walther PP (Dr. No)
Everybody's favourite spy has wielded this pocket pistol with pinpoint accuracy for over half a century. Even though the Walther PP is small and compact, it doesn't look weak or unsexy (hard to do when it's in hands of Sean Connery). It's diagonal profile adds to it's coolness factor and the tapered magazine bottoms are a bonus.
a94be5b2fb0d1135cf66f6f0d978b100.jpg
600px-Dn-pp1.jpg
601px-Drno-walther2.jpg
600px-Drno-walther6.jpg

3 - Mauser C96 (Resident Evil4/Remake)
The Mauser is probably the most German gun of all time, with it's straight lines and 90 degree angles, it's boring and blunt, but that's why I like it. The C96 is often associated with Nazi Germany and officers will often carry it in movies, but I chose Luis' portrayal in the latest Resident Evil game instead. I've always loved the boxed compartment where the magazine is fed and that broom handle has made it desirable to many collectors and fans alike.
1918-mauser-c96-weimar-republic-hd-wallpaper-thumb.jpg
Resident-Evil-4-Red9.jpg
pjgcqcen9b391.png
residentevil4luissera-600x338.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom