• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixar's BRAVE: The Initial Hype Thread for the Ginger Revolution (Teaser Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velti

Neo Member
ZoddGutts said:
Hope this doesn't fall apart like Up (after the first 15 mins) or Wall-E (after the 1st hour) did.

Also that's one ugly human girl. Time for Pixar to hire and new artist that draws human's for them.
Am I the only one who thinks she looks awesome? Not all of our heroines need to be anorexic fashion models, like Rapunzel. Merida could snipe her.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I thought the teaser was okay. I was underwhelmed when it was a bear.

Discotheque said:
lol wat? did that movie invent Scottish accents?
I always wondered about Nordic Vikings with Scottish accents. It never made sense.

BlueWord

likedamaster said:
Looks like bomba to me.

Just give me Incredibles 2. Loved that movie. Liked the artstyle of that movie, as well.

What exactly makes this look like anything close to a "bomba", to you?

Because I'm not seeing it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Anyone else disappointed that the production of this movie means that resources will be diverted away from Cars 3? :(

BlueWord

I'd rather they just stopped with the sequels entirely and moved on. Though I feel like Monster's University could be really good, considering how much I enjoyed the first one.

Everyone's talking about how much better the hair looks than The Incredibles, but what really blows me away is the forest.

I mean, the jungle in the Incredibles looked like shit in some places. I remember one scene in particular when Bob is first dropped on the island that had some really hideous textures and plants that looked like green rubber.

The forest in this teaser, however... so pretty.

kunu

Discotheque said:
lol wat? did that movie invent Scottish accents?

Well, of course not. Just the combination of environments and the voice that sounded very similar to some of the characters in the movie reminded me of it. As well as the animation.

This looks genuinely good, but I don't think I can bring myself to watch it since Brenda Chapman was taken off as director of the project. I have loyalty love to her man.

I was at Pixar today and was really impressed by this awesome (and awesomely HUGE) piece of concept art in their lobby, so had to share it:

rr1i83.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
They already have art up for it? That's awesome. I went there for Up's release and I remember seeing the whole place decked out for it. (complete with a paradise falls replica in the center!) I would have thought they would still be in Cars 2 mode though. Did you see any other Brave stuff while there or was it predominantly decked out in Radiator Springs attire? (Random ot story- when I attended the Up screening, I ran into Will Wright and made a proper fool of myself.)

traveler said:
They already have art up for it? That's awesome. I went there for Up's release and I remember seeing the whole place decked out for it. (complete with a paradise falls replica in the center!) I would have thought they would still be in Cars 2 mode though. Did you see any other Brave stuff while there or was it predominantly decked out in Radiator Springs attire? (Random ot story- when I attended the Up screening, I ran into Will Wright and made a proper fool of myself.)
The main theme there is still Cars 2 but there is some Brave stuff starting to show up. I noticed a lot of employees wearing Scottish kilts complete with sporrans!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gary Whitta said:
The main theme there is still Cars 2 but there is some Brave stuff starting to show up. I noticed a lot of employees wearing Scottish kilts complete with sporrans!
I wouldn't sit on anything if they wear them like true Scottsmen.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Gary Whitta said:
I was at Pixar today and was really impressed by this awesome (and awesomely HUGE) piece of concept art in their lobby, so had to share it:

http://i55.tinypic.com/rr1i83.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That color scheme is beau-tiful

jyoung188

Gary Whitta said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/rr1i83.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow, looks awesome!

Poyunch

When I watched Pixar Story for the first time, I was amazed at how large Pixar's building/office/whatever was. It was beautiful.

PounchEnvy said:
When I watched Pixar Story for the first time, I was amazed at how large Pixar's building/office/whatever was. It was beautiful.
The new building they just built (where that BRAVE photo was taken) is UNREAL.

Lirlond

Gary Whitta said:

It's not a kilt /unless/ you wear a Sporran. Otherwise it's a tartan skirt.

Tom_Cody

BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh WOW. Look at her next to her parents compared to her in action. That hair reveal is gonna be SO SIIIICCCCKKKKKK.

#BestMovieEver
You're excited for the dramatic reveal of hair that has already been shown in virtually every bit of promotion for the film?

Wow, your brain works very differently than mine.

Tom_Cody said:
You're excited for the dramatic reveal of hair that has already been shown in virtually every bit of promotion for the film?

In the movie?

That's the first shot we've seen of her with her hair covered. Clearly it's going to be a huge plot moment when she removes it.

Wow, you look at pictures very differently than mine.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How did I not know she had red hair? Finally, one for the good guys.

Day one.

Tom_Cody said:

It's like breast ... sure, it's great to see them out in the open but the reveal (if done right) can be the sexiest moment.

Or at least that's how I see it.

Dead

well not really...yet
The art is pretty disappointing. Its like an uglier version of How to train your dragon, character design wise, and that movie was already fug in that regard

Dead said:
The art is pretty disappointing. Its like an uglier version of How to train your dragon, character design wise, and that movie was already fug in that regard

The hair actually looks really incongruous with the rest of the character to me. Like they're on two different plains in terms of realism.

Alas, I look forward to seeing the trailer tomorrow.

jett

D-Member
Scullibundo said:
The hair actually looks really incongruous with the rest of the character to me. Like they're on two different plains in terms of realism.

Alas, I look forward to seeing the trailer tomorrow.

Agreed, on both accounts.

Jenov

MYE said:
Holy fuckballs at that teaser!!!!

uo0QS.jpg

I LOVE IT

The facial structure immediately reminded me of this:

coraline1.jpg

Not really a big fan of that style. The story and atmosphere look pretty amazing though.

Xun

I remember when a girl from my class believed Merida looked like Rapunzel from Tangled.

What a crazy girl she was.

Also can't wait etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom