• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixel Junk Eden Thread of Spreading that Videogame Seed of Love

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Playstation Network, $9.99, Available Now

From the PR:
pjeden2.png

Announcement: Eden Encore is coming for $5.99!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/27/pixeljunk-eden-encore-details/

edenencore.jpg

The Trophy List. (20 trophies available)

trophybronze.png

trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 01

Open all seeds in garden 01
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 02

Open all seeds in garden 02
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 03

Open all seeds in garden 03
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 04

Open all seeds in garden 04
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 05

Open all seeds in garden 05
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 06

Open all seeds in garden 06
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 07

Open all seeds in garden 07
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 08

Open all seeds in garden 08
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 09

Open all seeds in garden 09
trophybronzem.png
All Seeds 10

Open all seeds in garden 10
trophybronzem.png
All Gardens Clear

Get a Spectra in each garden
trophybronzem.png
Combo Ten

Pollen Prowler combo x 10
trophybronzem.png
Combo Fifteen

Pollen Prowler combo x 15
trophybronzem.png
The Hundred Thousander

Get 100.000 pollen in one garden
trophybronzem.png
500 Dead Pollen Prowlers

500 Pollen Prowlers killed
trophybronzem.png
Ten Minute Grimp

Get all 5 Spectra from a garden within 10 minutes
trophybronzem.png
Fifteen Crystals

Get fifteen crystals in a single jump
trophybronzem.png
Zero Wasted Pollen

Open all seeds in a garden without missing any pollen
trophybronzem.png
Three Play Ping Pong

In 3p mode, trapeze jump between two swinging Grimps

trophysilver.png

trophysilverm.png
All Spectra Found

Get all the Spectra in all gardens

trophygold.png

There are no gold trophies for Eden. There are no Platinum awards for gaining all trophies as well.

pjeimage4.jpg

pjeimage2.jpg

pjeimage3.jpg

pjeimage1.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Private Hoffman said:
I wanted you to make the title "Pixel Junk Eden Thread of Spreading that Videogame Seed of Love"

Or something similar. :lol
Ah, that would have been awesome! :lol

If any mods want to change it to that, I wouldn't mind at all. :D

Durante

Demo was amazing, wish I could buy it already.

And please, if anyone else has problems reading the font in dark red then post, because it looks like I'm the only one :/

sholmes

Neo Member
Excellent demo. You get 3 of the 15 "gardens." I've been playing for at least the last hour and 15 minutes and I haven't fully completed any of the gardens. Really a very charming game. Day one buy.

I really hope the Playstation community supports this game. As an owner of all three consoles, this type of game (along with flOw, Everyday Shooter, PJ Monsters, etc.) is what sets the PSN catalog apart from XBL.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
My only complaint is that the stages lock once you've collected all the possible spectre. I think I'm gonna delete the save file so I can do it over again.

Struct09

The demo is awesome. Took a bit of getting used to the controls, but once I did I was having a lot of fun. I had to cut myself off, can't wait for the full game!

Loved the demo. you know i'm all over this when it's out next week. I can't help but support the devs!

I even like the simplicity of the menu :lol

Flunkie

Banned
Controls need a bit of tweaking before I feel that I could fully enjoy the game. I love it to death, but the controls just kind of hold it back for me, unfortunately.

Flunkie said:
I wish the controls were better in Eden. I hate having to either hold and release or double tap just to jump. I wish it were tap to jump without silk and hold to jump with silk.. or something like that. I fell down constantly in the demo just because I thought I was going to jump and I ended up jumping with silk, and vice versa.

Love the game though. :) It's beautiful.

Buying day one. Best PJ game of them all so far. I always love games where I can swing around and since this is all about swinging around, well, I have to have it.

calder

Excellent demo, stopped playing after going back to Garden 1 and getting the 2 spectra mainly because I'm going to get the full game as soon as it's up next week.

Loved the look of it, and the music was great. I kept getting confused at first about whether to push the button to spin through or not, but after 5 minutes I got the hang of it. I kind of enjoyed the timed element, a few times on garden 2 I was just flailing around until the timer got me to hunt the level a bit more and it actually helped me figure out what I was doing.

itxaka

Defeatist
PixelJunk Eden thread of I don´t know what is going on the game but I'm buying it day one

Too large but it's how I feel. I need to watch more videos of it and read some explanations in plain spanish to understand it deeply

Zoe

Awesomely awesome in its awesomeness. I'm not gonna play any more though. I don't want to spoil myself too much before the full game comes out.

It gets really tense when the oscillator starts dying down though :(

hulot

Flunkie said:
Controls need a bit of tweaking before I feel that I could fully enjoy the game. I love it to death, but the controls just kind of hold it back for me, unfortunately.

Loved the game, but likewise, I agree with your suggestion.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
PJ: Eden is amazing.
Once you get the controls down, which take a few minutes, it's like you're flying.

Presentation is once again top notch though, great title screen.
Music is so good.

Oh shit, just saw the menu screen after hitting select.
Beautiful.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yes, this game is indeed brilliant. It's pretty much Q-games' Rez.

Controls seem strange at first, but when it click, and it will click, it's as several people already said, like flying through the levels.

Crisis

Banned
I just got done playing the demo myself. This is definitely one of the best download titles of 2008 if not THE best so far.

Crisis

Banned
No_Style said:
Anyone try co-op with someone? It's very entertaining and I think that's where the game really comes alive.

I would love to except there's no online co-op. Boo @ no online co-op!

GeoramA

Trophies and Youtube uploading will add so much more to an already brilliant game.

Can't wait for it to hit next week.

RobertM

Dante said:
The youtube implementation in the final game is going to make this thread tons of fun.
It's cool that they're adding youtube uploading tools, but I don't see this game needing it.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Mind you this is just my opinion but it seems many GAF members have gone soft.. These types of games remind me of Nintendo's new casual gamers rule stance..

Hated it myself but im not an artsy fartsy guy either.. So im not excited for this one. Day none for me...

Top Bottom