• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Eden $0.99 Steam sale huge sucess, made entire income in 8 hours

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thanks Gary Newell. Looking forward to PixelJunk Inc.

mN1vua1.jpg

ujdDETl.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I picked it up. I'll probably never play it. Hey, I'm sick and I need help.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Made your entire income? Of course you made your income, income is what you earn.

What a weird phrasing.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wholly deserved. It was so good, I had to double dip on the PC version a few months ago.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Made your entire income? Of course you made your income, income is what you earn.

What a weird phrasing.

I think they meant that they made as much income from this sale as they did from all previous sales combined.

Dario ff

Banned

What a weird phrasing.

"Made our entire income to date" means they earned the amount they got since release (I assume PC version) up until this day, but again in 8 hours.

LakeEarth

Yeah it's not really clear what they mean by "made our income". Made their goal income for the year? Made their game budget? Doubled their income from before to after the sale?

calder

What a weird phrasing.

Lol yeah. "Matched" is presumably the word he was looking for. At least it's the easiest way to make his phrase make sense I can think off, but it's still vague. Maybe he's hitting the champagne? ;)

I kinda want to play Eden again, but my PS3 is relegated to the bedroom. I played more Eden than all the other PJ games combined, still not sure I ever finished.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I picked up the pixel junk monsters bundle instead. One of my favorite games ever.

TAJ

Yeah it's not really clear what they mean by "made our income". Made their goal income for the year? Made their game budget?

Read the big one at the bottom.

Yuuichi

This is the kind of thing that you can show to people when they question the worthwhileness of a PC port. If you make a good game, and sell it at a reasonable (or in this case, dirt cheap) price, people will buy it. Lots and lots of people.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So basically if I'm reading this right, they just made as much money from this sell as they have made the entire time they existed as a studio.

Tagyhag

Abrasion must only own a PS4.

This is great news for them, the game is good. I'm sure a lot of people bought it on impulse buys as well so the $1 figure really helped.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
More power/money to Dylan & co. is always a good thing in my book.

I bought one too...I guess they got my money lol.

I did play it though.

Also wtf is with that Abrasion guy and his, "I don't make software, but let me tell you why it's inconceivable in my head that you would make money." It was kind of an annoying read.

legend166

Good to see they've got the right attitude and understand sales.

If you have a product that is making you practically no money, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by putting it on a deep discount.

Congrats, Dylan et al! I had hoped we'd eventually see an Eden 2 on next gen/PC. Such a brilliant first game. Shooter wasn't the direction I'd like to see the company go (casual-friendly, shorter games, less replay value). More Monsters/Eden for me! Either way, the company deserves our support!

Grinchy

Banned
I wish I was paying attention to Steam sales lately. I totally would have double dipped on this for $1.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
He is annoying on GAF as well.

Might just save this Twitter conversation anytime he enters a thread with his general fallacies.

Who is he? Dude with the same avatar? I've seen it before but don't remember the name.

In any case, that dude's tweets are so embarrassing. I felt bed for him while reading them.

syko de4d

If they sold alot of the 1$ copies they might sell alot of copies from their other games in the next 2-3days.

Same happened for me this sale, bought Deponia 1 for 2€ and after i finished it i had to buy deponia 2 for 10€ and it looks like i need to buy deponia 3 for 18€ if there is no deponia sale again in the last days ^^

Tizoc

If they sold alot of the 1$ copies they might sell alot of copies from their other games in the next 2-3days.

Same happened for me this sale, bought Deponia 1 for 2€ and after i finished it i had to buy deponia 2 for 10€ and it looks like i need to buy deponia 3 for 18€ if there is no deponia sale again in the last days ^^

Check greenmangaming.com for Deponia 3 I believe they have it on sale.

Top Bottom