• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixeljunk Eden

Tideas

Banned
After sowing seeds with its Racers and Monsters, PixelJunk puts down roots on PLAYSTATION Network with PixelJunk Eden. Leap and swing between lush alien vegetation in a truly innovative platform game which constantly evolves over time as you move through the perfectly realised undergrowth, hunting treasures and smashing enemies from his path.

Damn awesome! It's not out. It's being demoed at the playstation event.

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news...03208/World-of-PlayStation:-Family-&-Friends/

pixeljunkeden_sc009.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WAIT, WHAT? IT'S OUT?!

h3ro

I don't know what the hell is going on in that screen shot, but after PJM... my money is as good as their's.

<3 PJM

batbeg

Elefunks is only 20 levels? Also...

PSP: the handheld entertainment system that offers games, music, film, TV, communications, GPS mapping and more

Buzz!: Master Quiz
Go!Messenger
-.- Why must they abandon it so cruelly when it sells so wonderfully? :(
I know the answer, don't say it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God damnit...

Huge fan of PJ after Monsters... I'll buy their games, doesn't matter if they suck or not.

Azrael

The trailer from GDC reminded me a lot of Wik: Fable of Souls. It seems to revolve around a similar swinging/platforming mechanic.

tanod

when is my burrito
batbeg said:
-.- Why must they abandon it so cruelly when it sells so wonderfully? :(
I know the answer, don't say it.

Sounds like somebody hasn't checked out Buzz. I picked up the PS2 version and had A LOT of fun with it. I can't wait for the PS3 version so I can set up a GAF or videogame set of trivia questions.

roxya

~Devil Trigger~ said:
this will probably be my first Pixel Junk game

Same here, although the only reason I haven't bought Monsters yet is lack of time to play such a game.

batbeg

tanod said:
Sounds like somebody hasn't checked out Buzz. I picked up the PS2 version and had A LOT of fun with it. I can't wait for the PS3 version so I can set up a GAF or videogame set of trivia questions.

I've tried it at a store and didn't really like it... plus these aren't the kinds of games I play with friends. Besides, I still want more PSP support! :mad:

Firewire

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
this will probably be my first Pixel Junk game

i saw it on the 1UP special, look very interesting

How do you not have PJM? The game is just full of awesome!

PS: I want more info on PJ Dungeons, Q games!

samratty

Yeh I saw this a few other times. Looks beautiful. I'm very interested to see how it plays.
Definitely keeping my eye on it

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Firewire said:
PS: I want more info on PJ Dungeons, Q games!
Yes, I'm actually more eager to see Eden released mostly because it means Dungeons will be that much closer.

Don't overlook PJ Racers, its cheap and has tons of game modes to screw around with, its a good game. I'll likely wind up with all the pixel junk games, always a good time.

andycapps

Evander said:
Personally, it's a dislike for the Tower Defense genre.

I'll probably be getting Eden, though.

I'm not much on it either, but it is one of my favorite games in quite a while. The music, visuals, the general cuteness of it all is what makes it for me. Worth checking out the demo if you haven't already.

Evander

"industry expert"
andycapps said:
I'm not much on it either, but it is one of my favorite games in quite a while. The music, visuals, the general cuteness of it all is what makes it for me. Worth checking out the demo if you haven't already.

I have, and while the style is neat, I just really hate the genre. The style of the game, plus the remote play aspect is ALMOST enough to make me get it, but it doesn't push me over the edge.

Is Eden going to be remote play, do we know?

andycapps

Evander said:
I have, and while the style is neat, I just really hate the genre. The style of the game, plus the remote play aspect is ALMOST enough to make me get it, but it doesn't push me over the edge.

Is Eden going to be remote play, do we know?

To each his own, man. Everyone doesn't have to like the same games. :D

Zoe

Dante said:
Perhaps 2.4 is MORE then we thought :)

YouTube was added with the previous update.

I wonder if the other PJ games will get updates to support it?

buffi

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Don't overlook PJ Racers, its cheap and has tons of game modes to screw around with, its a good game. I'll likely wind up with all the pixel junk games, always a good time.

This couldn't be more true. Although I prefer Monsters, Racers is still an awesome game.

nofi

Good news: playable demo coming (in July) according to Dylan at PixelJunk, plus confirmation that the game will feature YouTube video uploading. Link.

Q-Games' head Dylan Cuthbert has emailed us this morning to let us know that a playable demo is planned for PixelJunk Eden this July, presumably around E3 time. He tells us he "simply wants everyone to experience it ASAP so we are trying to get the demo out before the release of the game" which is cool.

Even cooler though is confirmation that Eden will also feature the now famous Youtube video uploading feature. He tells us you simply select 'record video' from the pause menu and then play the game for 10 minutes (and you can pause/restart with R3) before uploading the video directly from your PS3 to your YouTube account.

Finally, he also wanted to say that he's wanting to do a small, free patch for Monsters, so if anyone has any ideas on what they want to see in the patch, let him know. For more on Eden check out our What Is It? feature.

Oh sexy. i wonder if you can edit the videos like "Cut" and "Trim" feature.

anyways they said small patch for monster. is Online coop small? :lol

I hope it is. that and some in-game music too.

Brashnir

As much as I like PJM, this game has absolutely no appeal for me.

Hopefully their next game will be more up my alley.

Mdk7

I've just seen one video for this, at the end i was speechless for the awesomeness.
DO WANT!!!

When is it supposed to come out?

Top Bottom