• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixeljunk Eden

jmd494

burn-in protection?! YES!!

I love the PixelJunk games but I was getting really sick of having their logo burned into my newish plasma!

Thanks PixelJunk!

h3ro

Justin Dailey said:
burn-in protection?! YES!!

I love the PixelJunk games but I was getting really sick of having their logo burned into my newish plasma!

Thanks PixelJunk!

That was a part of the Encore pack for PJM....

I have always wanted online co-op in Monsters... how about if we say PLEASE?!

If that isn't possible... hmm... Monsters really needed video upload feature, so we could get strategies on how to Rainbow levels. :lol But by now I am sure a lot of videos are online showing just that.

Monsters 2 should have a map editor and the ability to share maps.

kevm3

what's with sony and the 'garden/plant' themed games? lol... floWer, this and that digital garden screensaver. This game looks strange, but interesting. I'll have to read some impressions before I buy it.

nib95

Banned
Man I'm so hyped for this and fl0wer. My two most anticipated arcade games along with Super Street Fighter II HD, and that weird DMC style ninja platformer coming to XBLA.

ChryZ said:
Fucking day one! The music, gameplay and presentation are so right down my alley!

Yeah same here. I liked Monsters, didn't care much for Racers, but Eden looks like the first PJ game that'll really grab me. I'm really digging that its pretty much a pure platformer (kinda reminds me of N+ with the intertia based judgements you have to make) but with some very stylish twists. It seems like they really nailed the vibe they were going for. Just watching the level "grow" with the music and everything has me in a half trance. I wonder if that stuff is procedurally rendered in some fashion. Would be cool if the flora is slightly different each time you play a level.

joelseph

I haven't read any previews, just going off of what I can see in the videos. It appears to me that the level grows musically as you touch the larger seeds? Is that correct? I am afraid I might find the perfect beat and just swing in circles. =)

joelseph said:
I haven't read any previews, just going off of what I can see in the videos. It appears to me that the level grows musically as you touch the larger seeds? Is that correct? I am afraid I might find the perfect beat and just swing in circles. =)

The music might adjust depending on your progress but it doesn't affect gameplay afaict.

You pollinate the seeds by collecting the little pollen sacks (or whatever they are) and that'll grow the plant, allowing you to platform higher in the garden. The goal is to collect the Spectra in the level (ala Mario stars).

ChryZ

JPBrowncoat said:
This game looks so damned incredible. Hope it comes soon. And it would be awesome if there was online co-op.
All the new footage is hopefully a sign of imminent release. The climate is perfect too with all the current trophy madness.

Rlan

It looks like once you've jumped, you can only create a new 'web' once you've landed.

That's a little disappointing. I wish it were more like Worms Jump rope :(

soldat7

I'm worried about the timer. I dislike most games with unnecessary time restraints.

But the game looks so darn good, we'll see. I'm just glad there will be a demo.

buffi

Banned
ChryZ said:
Another update:
-release date 07/31 (Japan)
Hnng. This will be 3 long weeks.

ChryZ said:
-price 900 yen (~8USD,~5EUR)
Awesome :)
I'll make sure to have some yen in my JP account by then. If it is released at the same rate as PJM, it should take 2-3 weeks after it is released in Japan for it to be released in America.

And PJM was entirely in English from JP-store so fuck waiting.

zoku88

Ok, so I have never played a Pixeljunk game before, but I decided to watch the trailer.

I'm kinda confused though, what exactly do you do in this game? Jump around and touch the black things to accumulate points?

ChryZ

zoku88 said:
Ok, so I have never played a Pixeljunk game before, but I decided to watch the trailer.

I'm kinda confused though, what exactly do you do in this game? Jump around and touch the black things to accumulate points?
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3168510

The simplistic objective is to collect spectra: strange, glowing objects up in the sky over an abstract garden. As a tiny speck, you're far too small to jump that high on your own, so the only method at your disposal is to play the part of a pollinator, growing the nearby plant life tall enough so that you can leap bravely from their stems and leaves and acquire the mystical spectra. There are a total of five spectra to be found per level, and each one you collect in turn grows the hub world's garden, allowing you to access new higher-level vistas.

Just wondering: There's been a couple of what I can only assume are art pieces that show a full garden instead of just the one or two plants and I was wondering if this is indicative of some final level or what have you or just simple art. I'm under the impression you go into each level and grow a plant or something. Could it be on completion the plant is fully grown in the overworld?

This looks amazing! This is one of the games I am most hyped for this year, downloadable or no. Cuthbert is quickly becoming one of the industry's best and brightest.

Kinan

ChryZ said:
Another update:

-release date 07/31 (Japan)
-price 900 yen (~8USD,~5EUR)
-youtube recording
-psp remote play
-trophy support
-online leader boards

Along with a threesome coop its a pure win. I'm so there!

Top Bottom