• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixeljunk Eden

EktorPR

Can't fucking wait for this game (and more trophies!...ahem).

And on an unrelated (but related!) note, does anybody know if Wipeout HD will feature trophies? I haven't seen confirmation anywhere, and that'd suck if this most-anticipated of games doesn't feature that, um, feature.

Kinan

EktorPR said:
And on an unrelated (but related!) note, does anybody know if Wipeout HD will feature trophies? I haven't seen confirmation anywhere, and that'd suck if this most-anticipated of games doesn't feature that, um, feature.

Actually, it could be the very reason why its still not there.

EktorPR said:
Can't fucking wait for this game (and more trophies!...ahem).

Rumor is is that Wipeout's release is being held back so they can add trophy support.

Mmmkay

Damn it's the music that gets me the most. So when are they going to start showing off their 3D concept stuff? It'd be nice to see a preview at E3.

jmd494

So how would YouTube work? Does it just keep a XX second replay stored in memory at all times and you can access it whenever needed?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Justin Dailey said:
So how would YouTube work? Does it just keep a XX second replay stored in memory at all times and you can access it whenever needed?
Well in Mainichi Issyo you basically turn on the video camera and the game records the video output. When you finish recording what you want you can either select to save the video to the XMB or upload it directly to your YouTube account. I believe it uses the Remote Play video output so its limited to those specs (MPEG-4, 320x240, 768Kbps, 30fps video with MPEG2-AAC, 48KHz, 64Kbps audio) it also has a 10 minute time limit iirc.

sce03.jpg

sce04.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Justin Dailey said:

10 minutes.

From the PJ newsletter
There is a really cool new ps3 feature enabled in Eden, and that is the Youtube video upload feature. It's pretty cool, you can simply select "record video" from the pause menu and then play the game for ten minutes (you can pause the recording freely using R3) and then you will be asked for a Youtube account to upload to, and after you've uploaded it you can use Youtube's editing features to create some pretty cool compilations. We needed this in Monsters for all those strategy videos eh?

Zoe

If the implementation is exactly like Mainichi Issho's, it's safest to save long videos to the HDD and then uploading them manually. If the upload errors out through the game, you'll lose the video completely.

ChryZ

borsdy said:
I REALLY hope the psn monie cards start to show up in stores when they put this out :(
Japanese cards are available and it's very likely that the game will be 100% English when released on 07/31 in Japan.

I want. just for the trophies and my support for the pixeljunk series.

I would love to see a dungeon crawler [pure generated levels] from them. online coop would rock!

Well, since they have this youtube thing going on, I wonder if they have a deal with Google.

They had most likely got rid of that other web-video company that they featured in Home.

This game isn't out yet, and from screenshots I can't tell what the point of the game is. It has trophies tho, and I'm going to get them. :lol

ChryZ

domokunrox said:
This game isn't out yet, and from screenshots I can't tell what the point of the game is. It has trophies tho, and I'm going to get them. :lol
There are movies and explanations on how to play the game ... all up thread.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
bump! (hey, at least I searched! - how can it be on page 5 of the search results when I search for 'pixeljunk eden' and the thread is called 'pixeljunk eden'?)

been playing this for a while after seeing my friend having more trophies than me. Figured the '5 thingies in 10 minutes' would be doable, so I played garden 1.

Its suprisingly frustrating for such an 'ambient' game. You can be miles up in the sky,not quite being able to see far enough to know where there is anohter plant, do a jump and then miraculously miss every fucking plant until you impact on the surface. You'll fly through tiny gaps between plants that you wouldn't be able to do if you were trying.

Its one of the few games where I'm actually swearing at the TV just because I miss one tiny jump and I'm doomed to climb back up for 5 minutes.

and 10 minutes is actually quite tricky :/

Top Bottom