• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 announced!

For those that preferred Monsters ( me included) here's a comment dylan cuthbert made on the blog:
I’m sure there will be some more Monsters before too long! We only just released the UMD Deluxe version :)

:D

PS: I just finished Monstyers deluxe on PSP .... buy it, it's awesome. even if you have all the other stuff on PSN, this one has more, with the challenges and shit, you get the thme, the soundtrack , artworks, ... by playing the game. also, the game is quite different, the are held by ballloons and stuff so the gameplay isn't exactly the same. and there's also 'expert' difficulty for the hardcore

stupei

I'd rather they test out their online co-op with something like this and have it ready to go when Monsters 2 comes out.

Shooter was ok but I still haven't finished the first. It just didn't drag me in like all of the others did. I actually like RAcers better. Racers was very underrated.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What happened with their "Series 1" versus "Series 2" discussions? The idea was that Series 1 would be 2d and Series 2 would go 3d. I'm not a huge fan so I didn't pay too close attention, but I thought that was the deal.

Firewire

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
What happened with their "Series 1" versus "Series 2" discussions? The idea was that Series 1 would be 2d and Series 2 would go 3d. I'm not a huge fan so I didn't pay too close attention, but I thought that was the deal.

Sounds about right from what I remember.

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:

The plan is still there. The numbering for Pixeljunk has nothing to do with the numbering of individual titles.

Pixeljunk Racers is Pixeljunk Series 1-1, Monsters is 1-2, Eden is 1-3, and Shooter is 1-4. Encore packs (expansions) for Monster and Eden are still considered part of those games. It's unknown if Shooter 2 would be considered 1-5, since it seems to be a new stand alone title.

They have not announced any plans to move on to series 2 yet afaik.

Corto

The first game was a blast! Really looking forward to this just imagining what new mechanics and physics they will create to use in this second episode.

Goldrusher

Some sort of multi player race mode would be fun. And of course story mode co-op.
Perhaps even a level creator à la Gravity Crash.

reminder

Loved the first, it was my first PS3 game where i got all trophies. :D It was a bit short but still worth it. Bring on PJS2, i'll be there day 1!

Haunted

BobTheFork said:
Shooter was ok but I still haven't finished the first. It just didn't drag me in like all of the others did. I actually like RAcers better. Racers was very underrated.
Agreed. I like Racers much more than the overrated Monsters, although both Eden and Shooter are on a completely different level for me.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I wasn't expecting them to be capable of pumping out sequels, just new games.

The prospect of a Monsters 2 makes me very excited. I have pumped a ridiculous number of hours into the PSP version and it's probably the only PSN game I have I still play weekly. It is my favorite new franchise of the last few years.

edgefusion

I felt absolutely short-changed by the first one considering I completed the whole thing in about 10 seconds. I think I'll hold off for a bit before even considering to buy this one.

My OCD wants this to be Shooter Encore, released along with Racers Encore & a patch.
Also, direct sequels are not worthy a new PJ series number!

jooey said:
Why don't you leave that to the professionals.

Relax, I wasn't serious. Though actually one of the official key elements of the PJ series is originality (and for me, a direct sequel with the same gameplay mechanics is less original than a new game).
Maybe they'll call it PJ 1-4-2 or 1-4-II or 1-4-b

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Didn't see it posted anywhere, but I was reading the tiny preview for Shooter 2 in the new OPM and it talked about a few ONLINE aspects.

1. Head to head battles via PSN with voice chat.

2. Ghost Racing - compete against ghosts of the best times from overall and friend leaderboards to best their times. (Racers second lap will have this as well)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it, I want Eden 2 :( :( :(

Vard

Surprising but welcome announcement. I do hope that it still has co-op though. And at $10... I'll wait for a sale this time around.

Meh, bought the first one and can't even finish it because it's so uninteresting and dull.

I would rather you give me an Eden or Monsters sequel instead.

Shooter is up there with Racers, I even had some fun with Racers.

Oneself

Whaaaat!? How did I miss this?? PJS is pretty much my favorite downloadable title on PSN, this is awesome!!:D

Top Bottom