• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Shooter 2 announced!

snap0212

4617036217_ce3e92a8d3.jpg

Well, I hope everyone has recovered from the PixelJunk sale bonanza we had last month – as far as I could tell people were buying up PixelJunk titles by the tenfold which is great!

For those that haven’t already heard, PixelJunk Shooter 2 is in full production, full steam ahead, anchors away and all that… commotion to that order. I can’t say much about it now, but it will have some features that are new to the PixelJunk series in general and will be bigger than the first game! We’re busy implementing all the ideas that were left on the drawing board for the first game to make Shooter 2 as jam-packed full of crazy fun as possible… I’m pretty sure we won’t make a Shooter 3 because everything and the kitchen sink (probably quite literally) is going into Shooter 2. Keep your eyes glued to the Blog (in-between playing PixelJunk games of course) for more info on this in the future!

And for those who still aren’t sure about the awesomeness PixelJunk Shooter really (no, really!) is, we’re going to release a free demo of one of my favourite levels in the game on May 25th. The level has explosive gas, magma, water, tons of cool enemies, volcanic eruptions and you can wreak all kinds of havoc with the fluid physics. This will push you over the edge to get the game!

YES!

Source: PlayStation Blog

Level creator plz.

Can't wait to see the new physics-ecosystem that they dream up for this game. That's what turned out to be my favorite part of PJ Shooter - I loved the way that all of the different materials would interact with one another, it was a great little playground.

StuBurns

Banned
Had fun with the first one, but I was kind of hoping it'd be a new game every time this team does something. Shooter was the best of their stuff so far though.

Man

They should have called it Encore if they aren't planning to do a part 3. The beautiful system: ruined.

Haunted

woo! bubbles, eh?

Hoping it's not "just" a second episode, but more substantial and longer than the first one (which, when all was said and done felt more like a proof of concept than a full downloadable game).

Logo and title look disgustingly bad, though.

Not buying this one. I loved Eden and Monsters but the lack of originality and money value on shooter made me sad. Not saying it's a bad game, but finishing Shooter was a lot easier and faster than any of their previous game + the gampley was a bit too easy if you didn't go too fast. Add a time limit to it, and i would play it.

wow, no shit? I was just thinking about this game 5 minutes ago. I was going to make a post about how each new pixeljunk game is substantially better than the previous. Basically, Shooter > Eden > Monsters > Racers.

MrPliskin

Banned
A level editor would instantly skyrocket this game on my list of "Must have" to #1. I was ape shit about the first entry, super excited for the first.

Kind of stinks we have no idea when it will release :(

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Another boring shooter sequel? smh

Don't we already have enough of those? KZ, Halo, Resistance, Gears, Uncharted, etc...

Gawd.

BeeDog

First one owned, even though it was on the short side. Still, didn't feel short-changed at all, so I'm there for the sequel day 1.

stupei

Linkzg said:
wow, no shit? I was just thinking about this game 5 minutes ago. I was going to make a post about how each new pixeljunk game is substantially better than the previous. Basically, Shooter > Eden > Monsters > Racers.

Agreed. I was hoping they'd surprise us with something new, but if they have to do a sequel to any of the games I'm glad it's Shooter.

Hopefully the changes in gameplay are really unique and fresh enough to make it feel all new just the same.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Blablurn said:
was shooter that successfull? eden was too hard for me so i skipped shooter...

pretty opposite as far as difficulty. Bosses are probably the hardest part, but nothing like Eden.

I just got 100% on Shooter the other day and I want more. Easily my favourite PixelJunk game, just wish it was a bit more difficult and had more puzzle elements.

LaneDS

Online co-op seems like the most obvious addition, which would be pretty rad.

Also, more Pixeljunk anything is awesome. Officially excited.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Exclusively for the PSP!
OK, just kidding.
I haven't played much of the Pixeljunk games, admittedly, but I started picking them all up (plus expansions) when I found out they were from Q-Games. If Trauma Team, 4 Prince of Persias, and SMG2 weren't here or around the corner, I'd probably start giving these at least some of the time they deserve! Ah well, they'll always be waiting for me! :)

Haunted

Difficulty should definitely not be a concern with PJ 1-4, Blab. It's a friendly game, completely different from Eden in that regard.

Majine said:
Uh? It's the same style as the first one. What did you expect?
Hoping they'd see the light? I dunno. The style used ingame is endearing but the logo just look so... bad.

edit: ^^ eggs not bubbles, eh? and light puzzles! :eek: Looks great.

Kinyou

The first one was definitely one of my favorite games 2009, it was just so painfully short. Good to hear that they want to improve on that.

kharma45

AWESOME :D

PJS was one of my favourite games on PSN last year, deserved a sequel.

Wouldn't mind seeing a follow up to Flower either.

Blablurn said:
was shooter that successfull? eden was too hard for me so i skipped shooter...

Eden is actually one of the most demanding games of this generation. 100% on this and Wipeout HD was truly a labor of love. Shooter is much more accomidating, if only because you dont need to land DIRECTLY ON A TINY LITTLE PETAL AFTER FALLING FOR 800 FEET MY GOD THIS GAME IS SO CRUEL

linsivvi

Linkzg said:

I was going to make the exact same post. Hopefully they can keep up that trend with Shooter 2.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Linkzg said:
I've only played Monsters and Eden, and Monsters was, like, twice as fun as Eden. Playing Monsters coop with my roommate was some of the most fun I've had playing video games. I accidentally skipped a class because I completely lost track of time while we were playing it, and considering I only accidentally skipped a class that one time the entire time I was in college that's pretty impressive.

Eden wasn't that fun by myself. It was okay, but nothing fantastic. Too hard, and too much repetition. Eden in coop was pretty much impossible.

GeoramA

Really liked the first game, but kinda got burnt out on it pretty fast.

I died once on the last boss and never felt like going back.

Mh, kinda sucks how Q is apparently only supporting the games I didn't really like. :lol I thought Monsters was pretty terrible honestly and Shooter while not bad didn't really do it for me either. And yet they are getting sequels and addons. Eden on the other hand was just incredible. I loved every second of it and even collected all spectra, which was unforgiving and frustrating at times.
I demand more Grimp hopping and swinging, but I can almost see them making a new Racers instead . :(

Top Bottom