• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2 and DC Universe Online coming to PS4

GeoramA

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/dc-universe-online-and-planetside-2-coming-to-playstation-4

When Sony announced that the PlayStation 4 wasn't going to be backwards compatible or allow you to download current PlayStation Network titles, DC Universe Online players freaked out. Had the hours spent creating heroes and villains in the MMO been a waste?

Today, Sony Online Entertainment has an answer: no. DC Universe Online is coming to the PlayStation 4 -- and so is Planetside 2, the first-person shooter MMO currently available for PC.

PS2 trailer (YT)
DCUO Trailer (YT)

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's up with the sudden wave of Sony news? Riding dat postive tLoU wave, I guess.

I expect Everquest Next also go appear on the system. Actually it will probably be the case for all SOE games.

Valnen

With cross-platform play in tow, I wonder?

I see no reason to separate PS3 and PS4 players in DCUO, at the very least.

Planetside 2 needs a wayyy better tutorial/introduction to be console friendly. Or perhaps some sort of matchmaking system that's better than the "instant action" thing they have now.

StuBurns

Banned
Okay, I would make fun of it being too obvious, but I wouldn't have guessed DCUO at all, so the joke's on me.

PS2 is a nice get I think, especially if it's launch.

nampad

Happy about Planetside 2. Was pretty hyped about the game but my PC sucks. Hope it plays well on the PS4.

With the right marketing it coulld be a big exclusive for Sony.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm happy about both. DCUO is a really fun MMO that can be enjoyed for many hours for free. It is like Crackdown meets Everquest.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
PS2, YES!!

iw5BrgNzT8sEN.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Are these the first "real" big F2P games to come to consoles?

I mean, I can imagine spending hours and hours playing Planetside 2 on PS4 without even paying a single cent. That's fucking awesome and pretty unique for consoles.

Raide

Good news for Planetside and PS4 fans. Will be interesting to see if they show it off at the E3 presser.

Prezhulio

Planetside 2 is awesome, this is a big get (and a no brainer). I hope it does well on ps4, I'm sure ill put some time in on it there as well, especially if my of progress carries over

Are these the first "real" big F2P games to come to consoles?

I mean, I can imagine spending hours and hours playing Planetside 2 on PS4 without even paying a single cent. That's fucking awesome and pretty unique for consoles.

Yeap, pretty much this, an incredible announcement indeed. GG Sony.

Now secure Dayz please.

Top Bottom