• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies 3 exists, but you probably can't play it yet.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Out of nowhere, EA has confirmed the existence of Plants vs Zombies 3, playable to a select group of people via a pre-alpha build.

A Google Play store listing accessible in the US is currently advertising the game for certain Android users (as spotted by Android Police). The same link gives a 404 error here in the UK.

Developer PopCap notes in the game's app store description:

"In this plant-tastic Pre-Alpha, you should anticipate experiencing bugs (zombies don't bathe very often) and other issues," the studio wrote.

"Don't soil your plants just yet! Plants vs. Zombies 3 is under early construction and is not representative of the final game. Pre-Alpha is focused on getting your feedback on combat features only. We're saving a lot more for later!"

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope it’s an actual paid game and not like PvZ2, which was littered with micro transactions.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
A full-blown console version of Peggle 3 is what the world needs, but I'll settle on a PvZ3 till then. If it's mobile, I'll pass. Chuck it on Stadia, the glorified mobile platform, innit. Didn't play PvZ2 cuz it was a P2W mobile game.

Last edited:

JCK75

I want two things ...
1. For it to be a game I buy one and done
2. For it to be on platforms other than phones... I hate that I needed bluestacks to play PVZ2 on PC after PVZ originated on the platform.

PvZ:GW was a very fun and very balanced game, sort of (a horde of soldier zombies was a pain in the arse to defeat). It never felt laggy or janky or unfair. I liked the bright cartoony colours of what was a serious online shooter.

PvZ2:GW2 didn't have the same feeling. I felt like they introduced too many characters and it got a bit out of hand. Still fun but not as fun the original.

I hope 3 is as good as the others.

CJY

Banned
PvZ:GW was a very fun and very balanced game, sort of (a horde of soldier zombies was a pain in the arse to defeat). It never felt laggy or janky or unfair. I liked the bright cartoony colours of what was a serious online shooter.

PvZ2:GW2 didn't have the same feeling. I felt like they introduced too many characters and it got a bit out of hand. Still fun but not as fun the original.

I hope 3 is as good as the others.
THis thread isn’t about garden warfare, but the original tower defense, mobile game. Not that it matters to me whether you discuss garden warfare in here, just wondering if you’re aware.

Last edited:

-MD-

Only interested in Garden Warfare 3 and only if it's more like 1 than 2.

2 sucked big time.

nkarafo

Meh, PVZ2 was inferior to the original in almost every way. I wouldn't have high hopes for another sequel.

CJY

Banned
Only interested in Garden Warfare 3 and only if it's more like 1 than 2.

2 sucked big time.
Hmm... interesting. Both PvZ and Garden Warfare had rubbish sequels. I never bothered with GW2 at all personally. I miss old school Popcap, the one who could do no wrong in my eyes.

-MD-

Hmm... interesting. Both PvZ and Garden Warfare had rubbish sequels. I never bothered with GW2 at all personally. I miss old school Popcap, the one who could do no wrong in my eyes.

Garden Warfare 1 was such a good, underrated shooter. I don't know what happened during 2 but it was a mess, they introduced a bunch of OP characters and everything just felt poor in comparison.

Top Bottom