• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3 announcement seemingly leaked

The Amazon product page for the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Volume 2 comic book due out on September 25 may have leaked the existence of a Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3.

YNT5YW5.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506705480/?tag=neogaf0e-20

https://gematsu.com/2018/03/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-3-announcement-seemingly-leaked

Codes 208

Im ok with this. 2 had its problems but it was atleast fun...but its EA so theyll likely fuck it up with another p2w strategy...
giphy.gif

A... comic book about plants fighting zombies... wow...
A comic based after a multi-million selling series between both mobile and console audiences. Shocker, i know.

Last edited:

Blam

Guaranteed to be a worse launch then BFII. It had lootboxes and this will ruin the franchise into the ground.

Codes 208

Is there one based on... Candy Crush?
I wouldnt be be surprised if there was. Albeit a little tougher since it basically be a comic on tetris or bejeweled.

Angry birds is another mobile game they fit into a comic. And tv shorts...and a movie...

MiguelItUp

GW2 did have some filthy things in it because of their loot crates, etc. But the gameplay was fun, so there's at least that. If GW3 is in the right direction it could be alright, but I guess we'll see.

I put 300 hours into Garden Warfare 1 but only 120 hours into Garden Warfare 2, something about it seemed off to me. Hopefully GW3 is more similar to GW1, also I wish we can get PvZ 2 on consoles, hell I'd take it on the Switch at this pointl

Last edited:
I was just thinking about whether I'd prefer a SWBFII "Galactic Conquest" type mode reskinned to either be Mass Effect or PvZ Garden Warfare... and actually ended up deciding that the Plants vs Zombies universe would end up being more fun.
Guaranteed to be a worse launch then BFII. It had lootboxes and this will ruin the franchise into the ground.
GW2 did have some filthy things in it because of their loot crates, etc. But the gameplay was fun, so there's at least that. If GW3 is in the right direction it could be alright, but I guess we'll see.

the Garden Warfare games had lootboxes... but I think they're literally the only EA lootboxes ever that didn't feel just disgusting. It was a lot of cosmetic junk that didn't require a shitzillion hours of grinding and playing bone-stock characters doesn't feel super bad. I don't actually *like* them, I have generally the same grievances with lootboxes that Jim Sterling has, but the standards have tanked so badly that the PvZ:GW2 ones honestly don't even seem that bad.

If it is more like GW1 and on Switch it could do very well. GW seems to fit the Nintendo family friendly e-sportish crowd perfectly. A great compliment to Fortnite (rumored) and Splatoon 2.

Droxcy

I had a good time with the first one. Never played the second one. Excited for this if it's true.

BlazinAm

What was wrong with the second one? I remember playing the first on a friend's xbox one, it seemed like a Battlefield-lite style game. Fun. I don't know why would release this in the face of a rumored Battlefield WW2 game that is suppose to be coming out this fall.

I think the formula for Garden Warfare should have been the template used for the Star Wars Battlefront games. EA and Dice know how to leave such a good opportunity on the table.

EBE

am i wrong or did the second game just kinda come and go? like people were excited for it but the hype went nowhere.
i thought the first was okay, just seemed like people latched way too hard onto it due to where it released in the early console cycle

Top Bottom