• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: Bayonetta 2 trailer was real time

While it's not much to see, but the last part of the recent developer video for Bayonetta 2 had a 1 second monster clip at the end that was assumed to be CGI and not real-time graphics. The director of Bayonetta 2 Yusuke Hashimoto confirmed in a recent tweet that it was in fact a debut of actual real-time graphics from the game itself.

http://www.nintengen.com/2013/02/bayonetta-2-wii-u-confirmed-real-time.html

Image of the scene in question:

bayo2lxsy6.gif

Source

lantus

There was nothing in the trailer that led me to believe otherwise. Looks about what I expect from a current gen platform.

szaromir

Banned
Wonderful 101 looks better than Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 should look better than either. Levels in Bayonetta were very simple backdrops, it'll be interesting to see if they are a bit more complex this time around.

PK Gaming

Oh Hashimoto, you don't need to hype us like that

just deliver a fucking solid experience, and i'll be content ♥

Kacho

Gold Member
But what about the gameplay?
kidding!

That gif doesn't particularly impress or excite me in any way, but the monster sure does look cool.

NotLiquid

Too dark and grimy. Slick textures like those are going to make anything look good in that context. Not much to go by really.

Please run at a solid 60fps and not 45-55-56-20-45-50fps like the first one.

PS3 version by any chance?

Meelow

Banned
"was assumed to be CGI and not real-time graphics"

By who? It was clear as water that it was real time lol

Not going to lie, I actually assumed at first it was CGI as well because I didn't think Nintendo would show anything real time from it until E3.

Excited to see the first trailer!

Yeah, looks cool, can't really tell much about the engine from a 2 second clip though.

I really enjoyed Bayonetta for the combat but I can't get over how horrible she looks. I thought the enemy design was really boring too. Hopefully this one is a bit more visually pleasing to me.

Yeah, the first game didn't use pre-rendered cutscenes in the main game at all. The only pre-recorded stuff was the "show" at the end of the credits.

Right, they might have thought it CGI since the game's so early in conception and assumed they might not have had enough time to get anything decent in real time yet.

Kimawolf

It's looking pretty good if the entire game will look like that, with that painting like after effects following the claw and all the rain. Now I can't wait to see more.

Top Bottom