• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games Has Several Unannounced Games In Development, Says Producer

Mista

Banned
PlatinumGames-Logo-1024x576.jpg

At the Bitsummer 7 Spirits conference in Kyoto, Platinum Games Executive Producer Atsushi Inaba and Takahisa Taura, director of the upcoming Astral Chain, talked about the company’s philosophy, as well as what it’s like to work on various new IPs and how they try to maintain the passion across so many project. It was Inaba, however, who dropped a big nuggest of information saying the company has multiple games in development that had not been announced as of yet (thanks to Twinfinite for transcribing and our own Abriael_GN Abriael_GN )

As of now there are three projects known that the company is working on: Astral Chain for Nintendo Switch (which releases August 30th), Bayonetta 3 on the same platform (which as of now seems to be delayed) and Babylon Falls that was announced last year for PlayStation 4 and PC but has gone MIA since. The company has always juggled several projects, but seems like they have even more on their plate than usual. We know they want to start making their own IPs (as it stands, none of the IPs the company has ever worked on belongs to them), so it’ll be interesting to see what they have for the future.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I love their games and currently Astral Chain is biggest one I'm looking forward the most so I hope we see new gameplay trailer and hopefully shadow drop the demo.

This is far from good news I don't see Platinum Games as a huge company that can take on 5 projects at the same time and have them all come out well. Something will come out meh.

And how was Bayo3 delayed? I don't think it even had an official date.

EDMIX

PlatinumGames-Logo-1024x576.jpg

At the Bitsummer 7 Spirits conference in Kyoto, Platinum Games Executive Producer Atsushi Inaba and Takahisa Taura, director of the upcoming Astral Chain, talked about the company’s philosophy, as well as what it’s like to work on various new IPs and how they try to maintain the passion across so many project. It was Inaba, however, who dropped a big nuggest of information saying the company has multiple games in development that had not been announced as of yet (thanks to Twinfinite for transcribing and our own Abriael_GN Abriael_GN )

As of now there are three projects known that the company is working on: Astral Chain for Nintendo Switch (which releases August 30th), Bayonetta 3 on the same platform (which as of now seems to be delayed) and Babylon Falls that was announced last year for PlayStation 4 and PC but has gone MIA since. The company has always juggled several projects, but seems like they have even more on their plate than usual. We know they want to start making their own IPs (as it stands, none of the IPs the company has ever worked on belongs to them), so it’ll be interesting to see what they have for the future.

smh, seriously they need to slow down. The biggest issue with this team is they keep flooding their studio with titles and we keep getting bad releases. I like the team, but I won't ignore all those bad games as its very clear they are taking on more then they clearly can handle.

Many of you know I don't care that much for MS, but even I have to side with MS with Scalebound as looking at Transformers, Star Fox Zero....where there is smoke, there is fire. I believe the issue likely really was Platinum themselves. I love Nier and it might be one of my favorite games this gen, but I have a feeling it was only as good as it was and not a wreck because Platinum wasn't the only team working on it, if left to JUST THEM, who knows.

They even got removed from that Cy Game recently. So I hope the team does better, but they need to relax and slow down on all those projects and actually focus on what they can. I'd never have this issue if it wasn't for all of those games they were removed from, cancelled, bad performance etc

"how they try to maintain the passion across so many project" smh, and how is that turning out for them thus far?

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
smh, seriously they need to slow down. The biggest issue with this team is they keep flooding their studio with titles and we keep getting bad releases. I like the team, but I won't ignore all those bad games as its very clear they are taking on more then they clearly can handle.

Many of you know I don't care that much for MS, but even I have to side with MS with Scalebound as looking at Transformers, Star Fox Zero....where there is smoke, there is fire. I believe the issue likely really was Platinum themselves. I love Nier and it might be one of my favorite games this gen, but I have a feeling it was only as good as it was and not a wreck because Platinum wasn't the only team working on it, if left to JUST THEM, who knows.

They even got removed from that Cy Game recently. So I hope the team does better, but they need to relax and slow down on all those projects and actually focus on what they can. I'd never have this issue if it wasn't for all of those games they were removed from, cancelled, bad performance etc

"how they try to maintain the passion across so many project" smh, and how is that turning out for them thus far?
Yup that was my thinking as well. I'm afraid that they are biting more than they can chew.

So far they have been/are working in these games:
Granblue Fantasy ReLink
Astral Chain
Bayonetta 3
Babylon's Fall

I really hope they manage to to succeed with all these projects and those they haven't announced yet but unless they have been expanding their teams like crazy i'm afraid it's going to be very hard.

Enjay

Banned
They probably had to rip off a few IP holders to fund their priority releases IE what the purpose of their nickelodeon games were.

Zephir

Hopefully they get a lot of help, because working on Astral Chains and Bayonetta 3 looks already pretty time consuming, how can they tackle even more stuff? Even smartphone games require resources....

As long as they don't become another Telltale...

cireza

Banned
They already confirmed recently being on multiple games, nothing new here.

Doubtful that they can handle many games and deliver at once. But they know their stuff better than I, obviously.

Given they wrapped up Granblue ReLink and Astral Chain is likely getting finished.

Bayonetta 3 will likely reuse assets as well.

This is good news!

I bet NieR 3 is in development too.

Petopia

Banned
Given they wrapped up Granblue ReLink and Astral Chain is likely getting finished.

Bayonetta 3 will likely reuse assets as well.

This is good news!

I bet NieR 3 is in development too.
Its the switch how shinier is bayonetta gonna get nothing on par to the ps4 and xbone thats for sure, that and the series not really selling that well on that platform to begin with.

Its the switch how shinier is bayonetta gonna get nothing on par to the ps4 and xbone thats for sure, that and the series not really selling that well on that platform to begin with.

Nintendo seem pleased with it to make another game though. The games are still great to play!

Love their games from a gameplay perspective, but they're often technical messes. Here's hoping they aren't spreading themselves too thin working this many projects.

Top Bottom