• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games: "Would have to see demand" for MG:Revengeance Wii U port

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Wii U release for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance is still a possibility, if Konami sees the demand for it. This was said by Platinum Games staff member JP Kellams when he was asked on his Twitter what the chances are for a release of the game on Nintendo’s newest console.

@Fillytase @Konami would have to see demand for it and bring us the request to port.
1:40am - 1 Feb 13

https://mobile.twitter.com/PG_jp/status/297233045164027904

Petition go.

Just release are you games on PC dammit!

Subtle.

No thanks.

Only good third party titles plz.

FlhE3.gif

Yuripaw

Banned
I love Platinum Games, but when developers or publishers say this kind of shit, it's because they know they won't get that demand. It's fucking crap, because Wii U owners is a new market, of course you're not gonna see "demand" for a certain game on it, because not many people bought it yet. It's not up to the fucking consumer to ask for games to buy, it's up to the fucking developers/publishers to being putting games on a new platform to get people to buy it!

This kind of stuff just makes me mad, because to use a better example...EA is starting to act like that making more games on the Wii U isn't worth the effort, whether that's because of some fallout between them and Nintendo...they make it sound like "well our Wii U launch titles didn't sell too well, so we're not gonna bother in the future." Instead of considering the fact that maybe....just maybe consumers aren't fucking morons, and aren't going to just give you their hard earned money for half-assed ports, and overpriced games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ah, the fabled and fairly insane WiiU and nothing else owner, whom has also skipped this entire generation of HD consoles currently available for just above £100. I'm not sure thats a market ever worth considering.

EvB

It looks like shit on 360/PS3, I dread to think how bad it would look on Wii-U so close after release.

Darryl

Banned
Ah, the fabled and fairly insane WiiU and nothing else owner, whom has also skipped this entire generation of HD consoles currently available for just above £100. I'm not sure thats a market ever worth considering.

lol yea because someone couldn't own both a 360, PS3, and Wii U and want the Wii U version above the rest.

zroid

Banned
Would be nice but I'm probably not going to double dip unless they add a lot of (good) content and/or Wii U specific features.

Get that petition started, fellas. The Wii U game pad seems perfect for the dismemberment mode. I thought it was a bit cumbersome in the demo using the analog stick.

True. I thought it was a little cumbersome too. Swiping across the screen would indeed be a good fit.

Kacho

Gold Member
Get that petition started, fellas. The Wii U game pad seems perfect for the dismemberment mode. I thought it was a bit cumbersome in the demo using the analog stick.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
lol yea because someone couldn't own both a 360, PS3, and Wii U and want the Wii U version above the rest.

So the user that isn't chomping at the bit to play this game on whatever hardware they own, but the user that can wait around for a theoretical port and get round to playing it perhaps maybe one day if it ever happens. Top of their "market to these duders" hitlist I am sure.

Yuripaw

Banned
Signed the petition also...I don't know how long it's been up, but it already has a fair amount I'd say.

Edit: I'd love for it to get a buttload of signitures, and then someone tweets them saying "Is this enough demand for you?"

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Would be nice but I'm probably not going to double dip unless they add a lot of (good) content and/or Wii U specific features.

True. I thought it was a little cumbersome too. Swiping across the screen would indeed be a good fit.

We'll be lucky if the Wii U port run as perfect and has the same contents in the first place.

Edit: just signed the petition too :D

What in the world could represent demand? It's such an arbitrary thing.

a 1000 signature petition doesn't even guarantee 1000 sales.

If people buy a lot of CoD, does that show demand for more hardcore games like that?

If people buy a lot of MGS3 on 3DS, does that show demand for MGS on Nintendo platforms?

What the hell do they expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom