• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum talks about Bayo 1 on Wii U (took 1.5 years, also worked on by Bee Tribe)

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/e3-...ort-is-shockingly-comprehensive-for-a-freebie

The now completed port has been in the works for roughly a year and a half now, and was first conceived with the blessing of Nintendo. According to Hashimoto, the reasoning was simple: "We thought it would be awesome to let fans play both on the same console."

Platinum ended up outsourcing much of the project to a little-known studio based in Osaka called Bee Tribe, with "every aspect of its development" being overseen by Kamiya. The result might well be the definitive version of the original game, and it's being packed in with Bayonetta for absolutely nothing (assuming that you buy it at retail). By pretty much any measure, it's an incredible value.

Oh note, JP Kellams sad on Twitter that they did the port, I assume Bee Tribe assisted and isn't like on PS3 where Nex did all the work I think.

In fact, Bee Tribe is no stranger to them, as they worked together on The Wonderful 101 and Vanquish together:

http://www.bee-tribe.jp/archives/index.html

Phazon

Based Platinum and Nintendo.

There's no reason anymore for a Wii U owner to not get this game. And I really hope most people will give it a chance. The first one was great and I'm expecting the second one to be amazing too :)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is the first i have heard of Bee Tribe.
I like them already!

Sounds like the Wii U port will be the definitive version.

Neff

Judging from Gamersyde's 60fps floor footage, it is indeed even better than the 360 version. I haven't seen one frame drop, zero tearing, and even the 30fps cutscenes are a little more fluid.

They've obviously handled the port with a tremendous amount of love and care.

And it's fucking free!

SuomiDude

There's no reason anymore for a Wii U owner to not get this game. And I really hope most people will give it a chance. The first one was great and I'm expecting the second one to be amazing too :)
Nintendo just got one sale from me by adding the first game into the package. So the trick seems to work :D
Also I don't even really care much for this type of games, actually this will be my first on this genre I think.

nikatapi

This. It looks incredible, and it must be tons of fun. Must have for any WiiU owner.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I wonder if it will include all the Sega references?

I could see them replacing, say, the Outrun music with Super Mario Kart.

[B]In fact, Bee Tribe is no strange...l]http://www.bee-tribe.jp/archives/index.html
Haven't heard of Bee Tribe till now, but I guess Platinum trusts them since they worked on W101 and Vanquish. I read that Kamiya oversaw the port, so I'm guessing it'll turn out pretty well. No screen tearing and 60fps would make it a great port, probably the best version if it's as good as they are saying. Already played the game about a year ago, but those costumes give me a reason to play through the game, so that's cool.

Also, the game has tremendous value. Bayo 1+costumes and Bayo 2 which apparently has a ton of content should be really tempting to gamers. Hope people buy this

JDSN

Banned
Some explanation on the costumes makes it sound like way more than a free port:

Samus costume

- a unique take on Samus' armor, including a visor you control
- fire shots from Samus’ arm cannon

Peach costume

- skimpy version of Peach's dress
- use moves that feature giant versions of Bowser’s hands and feet
- has an alternate whip weapon
- makes rings fly out of enemies

Link costume

- use the Master Sword
- Bayonetta is wearing Link's green tunic
- makes rupees fly out of enemies

I'm completely confident it will be a great port. And if not...well, I only played the PS3 version of Bayonetta for ages anyway so I guess I would manage.

I'm so hyped for Bayonetta 2 that I want to play Bayonetta 1 again right now.

But I also want to wait and play it on Wii U.... darn it Nintendo/Platinum.... I guess I'll play Wonderful 101 instead.

E92 M3

Great value proposition for WiiU owners; I am jealous. And I know, I'll get flamed for this, but I'd kinda miss new achievements for Bayo 2 if I buy a WiiU for it lol.

Flayer

Bayonetta 2 is the one game that could get me to purchase a Wii U and this pack in of Bayo 1 just sounds amazing. I'm kinda apprehensive about it all though, it almost feels like Bayo 2 could be the swansong for Wii U and nothing else non-Nintendo is on the horizon. Really wanna play it though...

Some explanation on the costumes makes it sound like way more than a free port:

Samus costume

- a unique take on Samus' armor, including a visor you control
- fire shots from Samus’ arm cannon

Peach costume

- skimpy version of Peach's dress
- use moves that feature giant versions of Bowser’s hands and feet
- has an alternate whip weapon
- makes COINS fly out of enemies

Link costume

- use the Master Sword
- Bayonetta is wearing Link's green tunic
- makes rupees fly out of enemies
fixed

I'm kinda apprehensive about it all though, it almost feels like Bayo 2 could be the swansong for Wii U and nothing else non-Nintendo is on the horizon.

nah dude

Quoting for new page (and I can't stress this enough: don't quote this):

Unadulterated majesty:

xcx01_by_onilink888-d7lx1vq.gif

xcx02_by_onilink888-d7lx472.gif

Obscene scale:

xcx03_by_onilink888-d7lx74g.gif

xcx04_by_onilink888-d7lxcu2.gif

There won't be a huge quantity, but there will be quality games.

Wonderful 101, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin, Mario3D world is just some of the quality titles available for the system.

Bayonetta 2 is the one game that could get me to purchase a Wii U and this pack in of Bayo 1 just sounds amazing. I'm kinda apprehensive about it all though, it almost feels like Bayo 2 could be the swansong for Wii U and nothing else non-Nintendo is on the horizon. Really wanna play it though...

You forget Devil's Third! ;)

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

at the very least, the WiiU will have about 25 must buys by the end of its life, so it's up to you to decide if these are enough to warrant a purchase

SlippyFist

Neo Member
Between this, Xenoblade, and Devil's 3rd, Nintendo has absolutely earned my business. I was going to get a PS4 soon, but I think Ninty has convinced me that the Wii U will give me more bang for my buck for now.

I guess the PS4 will have to wait until the holidays.

Is it normal that a port takes so long?

A good port maybe. Most multiplats are worked on in tandum with their primary release, so a full game port after the fact, trying to do so as a quality release? Yeah I could see it taking that long.

Hopefully Bayo1 will be available at a discounted rate online to be a good "gate keeper" release to drive people to full priced bayo 2.

DeaviL

Banned
Judging from Gamersyde's 60fps floor footage, it is indeed even better than the 360 version. I haven't seen one frame drop, zero tearing, and even the 30fps cutscenes are a little more fluid.

They've obviously handled the port with a tremendous amount of love and care.

And it's fucking free!

The cutscenes are now in-game,
that smoothness was probably because it was also 60FPS.

They are too kind bundling this in with Bayonetta 2, i'd have gladly paid for it
Shush you fool.

Neiteio

Bayonetta 1 now runs at a rock-solid 60 fps with no screen-tearing and what appears to be cleaner image quality. We can see this in the Gamersyde footage. It's looking GOOD.

It also has OPTIONAL touch controls (which everyone says are really well-done), as well as the option for Off-TV Play, and of course, Miiverse support.

And those Nintendo costumes aren't just for show. Bowser is one of Bayonetta's Wicked Weaves when she uses the Peach costume, and gold coins (as well as blue coins) fly out of enemies when they're defeated. Peach has her own unique whip weapon, while Link uses the Master Sword and Samus uses the arm cannon. Samus can even toggle her visor up and down, even during cutscenes.

This is the definitive edition of Bayonetta 1, a game where it wasn't unusual for people to invest 200+ hours... A game where multiple playthroughs are handsomely rewarded, and the sheer amount of content to unlock and combinations to try seem endless.

And it's included with the equally robust sequel... for FREE.

I. Can't. Get. Over. That. Value.

Adaren

Bayonetta is one of the best games I've ever played. The effort they put into this port means so much to me. I know I can trust Nintendo to keep the game alive.

Is it normal that a port takes so long?

I'd guess that the limiting factor on a release date was development of Bayonetta 2 (they've been working on it for a long time now). They were probably putting fairly low resources towards the port, though it looks to be exceptional.

They were always in game though since the costumes were reflected in cut scenes. The only pre-rendered part was the post-credits reward.

Yep. Backing up that (previously) the cut-scenes were all in-game 30 FPS. Having every single cutscene be in-game is another of the reasons I love the game.

DeaviL

Banned
They were always in game though since the costumes were reflected in cut scenes. The only pre-rendered part was the post-credits reward.

The PS3 and 360 version had FMV's.
I think
On the Treehouse live-stream they said they changed that to in-game cinematics (for the Wii U version).

Top Bottom