• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames - 2013 Showreel

Chamber

love on your sleeve
hotttttttt

So chance of Bayo 2 in 2013 after all?

i1md2cTVu4C7s.gif

duckroll

The contrast between Rising and Wonderful 101 works really well in that showreel. Nice balance. Too bad that's pretty much all they have which they can show at the moment. Hopefully we'll actually see something from Bayonetta 2 by E3. And maybe more announcements? :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would like Infinite Space 2.

inb4 smartvoiced 'ehhh you know that was a different team not technically them ehhhhhh'

Ridley327

hotttttttt

A chance? Sure; as the original rumor went, it was pretty far into development when Sega pulled the plug, so it'd be a matter of finishing up what they had, as well as any optimization for the Wii U that Nintendo can offer to help with. I'd have to think that with Rising done and Wonderful 101 getting closer to completion, they have a lot more bodies now to work on Bayonetta 2.

Duffyside

Banned
The contrast between Rising and Wonderful 101 works really well in that showreel. Nice balance. Too bad that's pretty much all they have which they can show at the moment. Hopefully we'll actually see something from Bayonetta 2 by E3. And maybe more announcements? :D

Hahaha, let's be extremely happy with what we have. Four titles from them in one year is pretty remarkable.

Ridley327

Was there any footage of Bayonetta 2 really?
It looked like it was just that same teaser over and over.

It's just the teaser; I'm sure Nintendo has it on total lockdown right now, along with Wonderful 101 (which was all old footage, too).

I would like Infinite Space 2.

inb4 smartvoiced 'ehhh you know that was a different team not technically them ehhhhhh'

Yeah, infinite space 2 on 3ds... the scale would be pretty damn impressive.

Shame the graphics will look better, i kinda like the shitty star fox like blocky ships :<

zroid

Banned
A chance? Sure; as the original rumor went, it was pretty far into development when Sega pulled the plug, so it'd be a matter of finishing up what they had, as well as any optimization for the Wii U that Nintendo can offer to help with. I'd have to think that with Rising done and Wonderful 101 getting closer to completion, they have a lot more bodies now to work on Bayonetta 2.
I think it basically confirms that it's not impossible :p

If we didn't see Bayo 2 in this reel I would have given up all hope

for 2013 AND Beyond.

...oh dammit

Beth Cyra

Haven't really dug any of their games yet, but still very excited to see more on W101 and to play through Revengance.

zulux21

hotttttttt

a chance has always been in the books... but given the thing started with games for 2013 and beyond... and we saw 4 games... 3 of which are confirmed for 2013 I kind of figure bayonetta 2 would be the beyond part.

zroid

Banned
a chance has always been in the books... but given the thing started with games for 2013 and beyond... and we saw 4 games... 3 of which are confirmed for 2013 I kind of figure bayonetta 2 would be the beyond part.

the "beyond" part had escaped my notice ;_;

*faints*

Hiltz

I'm looking forward to The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. That Bayonetta footage was indeed the same as the one during Nintendo's Fall conference last year. Obviously, we'll likely see new footage at E3 or maybe even earlier like at GDC in late March.

Apparently, Bayonetta 2's development was canceled by Sega back in April/May 2012. However, it sounds like Nintendo had already made some kind of deal with Sega to fund the game as it was still being developed by Platinum Games.

That Bayonetta footage was indeed the same as the one during Nintendo's Fall conference last year. Obviously, we'll likely see new footage at E3 or maybe even earlier like at GDC in late March.

It won't be interesting, it will be predictable and sad. A lot of doritos will be eaten that day.

Cheska

There's just something so satisfying about seeing Bayonetta 2 on there because it just helps solidify that it's the real deal and not just a troll. CAN'T WAIT!

Bagu

The Beyond part is clearly referring to their Star Fox game in 2014. Clearly.
Why do I do this to myself :(

I played Wonderful 101 at one of those Wii U events and it was great. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully they release the demo, because it definitely sold me on the game.

I may have to buy Wii U for those two games.
Pick up Rayman Legends while you're at it. The demo is suuuuuh-weeeeet. Super fun and unimaginably beautiful.

Top Bottom