• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames - 2013 Showreel

Hiltz

Hideki Kamiya's 2012 comment:

After Bayonetta was released, I was coming back on the bullet train with Yusuke Hashimoto, pondering various ideas for sequels or spin-offs to Bayonetta over a beer. I never thought we’d actually get to announce a sequel to her story, so I am absolutely over the moon.Even though there has been a bit of a gap since the release of the last game, but I still got lots of request for a sequel from gamers.We were secretly making one the entire time.

http://platinumgames.com/2012/09/14/bayonetta-2-joins-the-wonderful-101-on-wii-u/

Will pass on Bayo 2.

Cant get myself to buy a WiiU for just one game.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. New threads for new news, man. You're blowing my mind here. Seriously though, you might as well wait and see what's announced by then, because I doubt Bayonetta 2 is releasing before holiday 2013 at the earliest.

I don't understand why they haven't put demos from those Wii U events on the eShop yet. I doubt it'd be all that difficult.
The Rayman demo seems to be a modified version of the same demo used at the event. Hopefully more are on the way (Pikmin and W101 would be rad).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
WTF is this Wonderful 101 and why haven't I heard of it? Kind of reminds me of Viewtiful Joe.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. There was a huge thread on GAF about it at E3. It was one of the first third party games showcased on Wii U at E3.

How are these guys making so many good games in such a small time? How big are they?

nP6ux.jpg

Pappasman

Platinum has quickly become one of my favorite developers. I'm particularly excited for The Wonderful 101. It was the best game I played at the Wii U experience by far. I can't wait :)

Striek

Most interested in TW101, low interest in Bayonetta 2 (just completed the first) and MG:R, no interest in Anarchy Reigns.

Teknoman

Reminds me of those lineup reel videos from last gen...sorta like that Gamecube disc that had the Metroid Prime 1 and Smash Bros Melee trailers (which is a good thing).

EDIT: I'd like to see Platinum make a shoot em up or some sort of action RPG.

zroid

Banned
Wow, I always assumed Platinum was relatively small.

Makes me wonder how they sustain themselves. Do they manage to turn a profit in spite of relatively low sales, or are their creditors that generous?

They don't own their IPs so it's been Sega footing the bill all this time, and Konami and Nintendo more recently.

Neiteio

RE: Anarchy Reigns: Technically came out in Summer 2012 in Japan, as Max Anarchy.

RE: The Wonderful 101: It's the new WiiU project by Hideki Kamiya, guy who created Bayonetta.

RE: three PG titles this year vs. four this year: Well, if we get the three upcoming ones, and if you count the West getting Anarchy Reigns, that's kind of like four, no? :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it just me, or is one of the kicks Raiden does in that MGR footage the exact same animation as one of Leo's kicks in Anarchy Reigns?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not in the picture. I was off doing random white dude things in a random white dude country.
No doubt which would then lead us to love and appreciate you all the more ;)

That showreel seriously gives me the goosepimplies and makes me proud to be a gamer.

Top Bottom