• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary This Year

Blog post from their website
r_dsc_8650.jpg

Hard to believe it's going to be ten years since Okami, God Hand, and Clover getting shut down. It's awesome to see them so successful now though, here's to ten more years!

Couldn't find a thread for this, lock if old, etc.

higemaru

I remember reading about Seeds Inc. being founded in an issue of Nintendo Power way back and thinking nothing of it (I think NP was begging for a Viewtiful Joe 3) but damn, Seeds has really come a long way. I'm glad they got over the initial hurdle that was MadWorld's failure. And you know, sub-par game sales until what, Metal Gear Rising?

TimmiT

So this year we're going to get Star Fox Zero, TMNT and possibly Nier Automata if that doesn't get delayed. Seems like a good way to celebrate their anniversary.

J-Skee

Amazing development team. Hope they have another great 10 years!

Sidebar: Sucks that they can't celebrate Okami, God Hand & Viewtiful Joe in the same way.

Flarin

I got a serious case of open-world fatigue this year and Transformers Devastation was just what the doctor order. Not to mention Bayo 2 and Revengence being 2 of the best character action games ever made.

Props to Platinum for 10 years and can't wait to kick some shell this year as my favorite pizza-loving reptiles!

Neoxon

I've already finished Bayonetta 1 yesterday. Might as well replay Bayonetta 2 & The Wonderful 101, get Star Fox Zero, & main Bayonetta in Smash 4 in honor of Platinum's 10th Anniversary.

I'll never forget my first experience of playing through a Platinum game...
SWuXQr4.png

"oh, what a day!"

But boy did it make the gradual improvement all the sweeter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guess we have a date for the TMNT announcement.

Kouriozan

Ah, I owned MadWorld, nice line-up of games there. I only miss one of these.
Happy anniversary PG, continue to do good work as always~

Vanquish is the best 3rd person shooter ever.

Metal gear rising is the best hack and slash game ever.

Okami is the best zelda clone ever.

God hand is the best beat em up ever.

What more can I say.

mrmickfran

I remember back in my GameFAQ's days, during the Metal Gear Rising outrage, a user over there called them a bunch of "Capcom rejects".

I do not miss that place.

Neonep

Vanquish is the best 3rd person shooter ever.

Metal gear rising is the best hack and slash game ever.

Okami is the best zelda clone ever.

God hand is the best beat em up ever.

What more can I say.
Itsuno & DMC3 would like to have a word with you.

I only played Nier last month, but it's so crazy to know Platinum is working on the sequel. It makes me so excited.
Such a good developer.

they are still hollow inside until they make next gen viewtiful joe

Tell me about it. I even bought Red Hot Rumble!!

I get they don't have the rights and all, but I would LOVE some kind of spiritual successor directed by Kamiya. W101 kinda had similar character designs, but it just wasn't the same.

Thinking about the cliffhanger at the end of VJ2 just...
OYJreEl.png

Top Bottom