• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames opens official Japanese Twitter - EPIC SWITCH TEASING HYPETRAIN!

PlatinumGames keeps tweeting more teases about Switch ports! What are they doing?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phoenixus

I'd happily take a Legacy direct. All the Wii U and 3DS ports that are due over the next few years and new info on Virtual Console plans. Bring it.

Golnei

I wonder what the two Bayonetta amiibos would do in the inevitable switch versions.

Getting the default costume from 2 in 1 would be a pretty obvious use of it. As for the other way around - maybe providing some costumes from 1 which didn't make it over, like Bayonetta's d'Arc costume and the Umbran Komachi?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
2 girls - 1 Bayonetta... Uh nevermind.

latest

ozfunghi

Already own 101 and Bayo 1+2 on WiiU. I have no interest in that Starfox game, but would like a Scalebound game
ahahaha...

Neiteio

Getting the default costume from 2 in 1 would be a pretty obvious use of it. As for the other way around - maybe providing some costumes from 1 which didn't make it over, like Bayonetta's d'Arc costume and the Umbran Komachi?
Maybe each amiibo could also add weapons from one game to the other, i.e. Bayo 1's nunchuks in Bayo 2 and Bayo 2's chainsaws in Bayo 1.

Neiteio

Also, a Direct the first or second week of August seems likely, if for no other reason than to promote Mario + Rabbids. Updates on Nindies would also be appreciated. Could also use the opportunity to preview updates for Splatoon 2 and/or ARMS. And if it's real, hopefully the Bayonetta 2-1 Collection on Switch.

Also, a Direct the first or second week of August seems likely, if for no other reason than to promote Mario + Rabbids. Updates on Nindies would also be appreciated. Could also use the opportunity to preview updates for Splatoon 2 and/or ARMS. And if it's real, hopefully the Bayonetta 2-1 Collection on Switch.

Isn't there still a 3DS Kirby game that's supposed to release this holiday? They have to announce that at some point lol.

TreIII

See, I would love this. But I think that at this point, if we do get a Direct in August, it could be just a Mario + Rabbids Direct, following in the trend of ARMS and Splatoon getting their own spotlights the months before. That's not a blast against the game, at all, but that's what I'd expect. Nintendo and Ubi would probably want a healthy showcase for the first new major third party release on the same token.

September is when I expect the usual "Fall Direct" shenanigans to take place.

Neiteio

See, I would love this. But I think that at this point, if we do get a Direct in August, it could be just a Mario + Rabbids Direct, following in the trend of ARMS and Splatoon getting their own spotlights the months before. That's not a blast against the game, at all, but that's what I'd expect. Nintendo and Ubi would probably want a healthy showcase for the first new major third party release on the same token.

They could do a Rabbids Direct where they start with quick news headlines about other Switch/3DS titles before making Rabbids the main course.

I really hope all these Platinum tweets aren't just whipping us into a fervor to prove demand to Nintendo or something. I really hope they're hinting at ports that are already in the works.

LordKano

Rabbids won't get a direct, they already explained all you need to know about it, there's no post-launch support to dedicate time for and most likely no demo too. At best they will dedicate a few minutes in the next direct.

We didn't know much about ARMS or Splatoon 2 until their directs. This is different.

Neiteio

Rabbids won't get a direct, they already explained all you need to know about it, there's no post-launch support to dedicate time for and most likely no demo too. At best they will dedicate a few minutes in the next direct.

We didn't know much about ARMS or Splatoon 2 until their directs. This is different.
It definitely could get a Direct. One exposure at E3 isn't all they're going to rely on to promote this game.

We don't know about the multiplayer. They said they had more to talk about later. They could also have something at Gamescom.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

Looking back they usually have a direct/conference late August early September right before TGS. I'd expect something similar this year.

DonF

If its platinum developed, ill keep and eye on it. Looks cool.
To the poster that said platinum hasnt developed anything good since mgr, I would say nier is really good. Combat wise not close to mgr, but still really really good.
I haven't played bayonetta 2, yet. Come February i'll change that.

Top Bottom