• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames reveals what that MGR "2" logo was for...

2thepoint

Yeah, Platinum.

We all believe you.

715.gif

Mista

Banned
Yeah yeah. I never saw anyone celebrating an anniversary while hinting!

Go play somewhere else PG. We know there's a sequel

Everyone forgets how MGR1 in its original form was ostensibly cancelled before it got retooled by Platinum.

This doesn't mean anything.

zychi

Banned
Kojima is usually better at this trolling/non-nonchalant shit. Must have a timed exclusive deal and it's going to be shown during a PS or Xbox presser at some point.

GIVE ME MORE METAL GEAR KOJIMA!

Gestault

Platinum Games:
"Listen guys, I KNOW....I know people said we had nothing to do with that 2 thing. Like, a month ago or whatever. But, it's the funniest thing, you'll love this. Even though we said that, what we really meant, to say...a month ago...was that it WAS a thing we did, but it's like...like...HAPPY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY FOR A GAME THAT HADN'T BEEN OUT FOR TWO YEARS WHEN WE SHOWED THAT!

I know you're all very excited. And I know we're explaining this AFTER it would have been the actual two-year anniversary. But if you could like..I dunno, NOT think about that. It would be great. For us."

Jingo

Platinum Games:
"Listen guys, I KNOW....I know people said we had nothing to do with that 2 thing. Like, a month ago or whatever. But, it's the funniest thing, you'll love this. Even though we said that, what we really meant, to say...a month ago...was that it WAS a thing we did, but it's like...like...HAPPY TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY FOR A GAME THAT HADN'T BEEN OUT FOR TWO YEARS WHEN WE SHOWED THAT!

I know you're all very excited. And I know we're explaining this AFTER it would have been the actual two-year anniversary. But if you could like..I dunno, NOT think about that. It would be great. For us."

Wow that was confusing :D

Xater

That doesn't make any sense at all. Why would it be in this montage? Why just the two if it was such an innocent thing? They are liars.

Kojima level trolling, appropriate considering the IP

Platinum Games:

Pretty much this.

Top Bottom