• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames' Transformers Devestation trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Rising Director)

God, this could be so insane given time and money.

That trailer doesn't look like a game that got time and money.

Hopefully the gameplay reveal proves me wrong. Want to love.it.

I wish we got some raw gameplay with it. Can't really see anything too crazy with how edited the trailer is. W101 has a lot of depth but we didn't know about it until the W101 Direct and public demo.

Nemmy

So basically the only things this trailer shows is that the game looks nice and it has combos. Not that I expected much from a teaser like this, but this is literally nothing.

I wish I cared about Transformers, maybe then I'd be hyped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
looks awful, how is this a retail game. Would understand if it was a $15 joint like Korra

VariantX

God, this could be so insane given time and money.

That trailer doesn't look like a game that got time and money.

Hopefully the gameplay reveal proves me wrong. Want to love.it.

I'd be extremely surprised if they had even half the budget high moon got for making war for cybertron. Or amazed that cybertron looked and played as good as it did with a small budget.

TimmiT

Good news it's not just the Korra team.

I'm more worried about the time they got to develop this. Korra and Bayonetta 2 were released last year, so when did this start development? Could also just be that the people from those teams joined the team for this after those games were finished, but still.

CryptiK

I really like the art style of the Transformers themselves but holy shit did they bother putting effort into the backgrounds?

RK128

So the Rising director is on this game? Welp, now I'm interested in where this is going :D. The music in the trailer sounds like something from Rising too and the transformations that are iconic in Transformers look to be used for fun combo systems.

Looking forward to seeing more of this honestly :D.

Tizoc

Not much in there worth discussing.

You must've missed the part where Bumblee charged at an enemy twice in car form, and Optimus slamming an ax hammer on an enemy.
...but yeah it's not much.
Still double dipping though =3

Unfortunately I'm getting Korra vibes. A watered down but still decently fun Platinum game. I really like that they are going with the 80's style, but the graphics just look pretty cheap honestly.

Platinum has to make a buck though.

Krejlooc

Banned
The people who pass on stuff like this because of the content are the same people who passed on McDonalds Treasure-Land Adventure and AstroBoy: Omega Factor and Legend of Korra.

HigXx

Love Transformers and this really isn't the type of game I want

Would really love a mix between the open world Armada game and WfC

Regiruler

-backgrounds look mediocre
-combat looks a tad clunky, but we only saw a little bit
-cross gen yet no wii u (my preferred platform)

How about no

EDIT: Random thought, but does activision still have the rights to the bionicle IP?

Lijik

I really like the art style of the Transformers themselves but holy shit did they bother putting effort into the backgrounds?

Korra was the same way, the characters looked pretty nice but then youd be in this ps2 era looking city haha
The-legend-of-korra-screen-3.jpg

Id be down if this was 15 bucks like Korra, but full price makes me on the fence.

MrBadger

You must've missed the part where Bumblee charged at an enemy twice in car form, and Optimus slamming an ax hammer on an enemy.
...but yeah it's not much.
Still double dipping though =3

The part with Bumblebee turning into a car has me interested. I can see transformations playing into fight sequences in fun ways.

Urgh.

Really, what a waste. Those US cartoons from the 80's were so ugly and this trailer totally mirrors that ugliness. Who asked for that? I want names!

Top Bottom