• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play-Asia lists Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness for PSV/PS4

Dio

Banned
Dunno about the game but the anime was great.

It was fun to watch while airing, but it had the typical Urobuchi baby's-first-philosophy-class plotline. IMO, he still hasn't outdone his work on Fate/Zero and that's piggybacking off someone elses' universe, followed up by Madoka (which is him being a huge Kamen Rider Ryuki fan turning that plot into a magical girl series.) Gargantia was a big misstep, which is where I think most people are starting to realize Urobuchi isn't really the 'next big name writer' everyone wants attached to their property.

lonely

It was fun to watch while airing, but it had the typical Urobuchi baby's-first-philosophy-class plotline. IMO, he still hasn't outdone his work on Fate/Zero and that's piggybacking off someone elses' universe, followed up by Madoka (which is him being a huge Kamen Rider Ryuki fan turning that plot into a magical girl series.) Gargantia was a big misstep, which is where I think most people are starting to realize Urobuchi isn't really the 'next big name writer' everyone wants attached to their property.

If that was true they wouldn't have used his name so much to advertise Aldnoah.Zero when he had very little involvement. On topic I'm not shocked, 5pd games on Xbone bombed and they port to everything under the sun anyway.

kewlmyc

The anime is good, and from what I've heard, the game is a retelling of the first season with two new character (inserts).

For those who don't know, the plot of the anime is that society in Japan is governed by something called the "Sibyl System". Scanners everywhere constantly scan your "crime coefficient" (your mental state that shows how likely you are to commit a crime). If it goes above a certain number (250), inspectors and enforcers are called to the spot and arrest you. If you are above 350, inspectors and enforcers are sent to eliminate you on the spot. Inspectors are pretty much the police, while enforcers are people who have crime coefficients above 250 but below 350 who are hired by the government to assist inspectors in capturing those who have high crime coefficients. Enforcers are pretty much expendable to the government.

So it's pretty much Minority Report: the Anime. First season and the recent movie are both pretty damn good. Second season.... not so much.

Dio

Banned
If that was true they wouldn't have used his name so much to advertise Aldnoah.Zero when he had very little involvement. On topic I'm not shocked, 5pd games on Xbone bombed and they port to everything under the sun anyway.

Well, that's the thing. Aldnoah also contributed to what I've been perceiving online as a change in attitude from 'oh shit urobuchi's working on this?' to 'uh oh, urobuchi's being advertised as lead writer'

The anime is good, and from what I've heard, the game is a retelling of the first season with two new character (inserts).

For those who don't know, the plot of the anime is that society in Japan is governed by something called the "Sibyl System". Scanners everywhere constantly scan your "crime coefficient" (your mental state that shows how likely you are to commit a crime). If it goes above a certain number (250), inspectors and enforcers are called to the spot and arrest you. If you are above 350, inspectors and enforcers are sent to eliminate you on the spot. Inspectors are pretty much the police, while enforcers are people who have crime coefficients above 250 but below 350 who are hired by the government to assist inspectors in capturing those who have high crime coefficients. Enforcers are pretty much expendable to the government.

So it's pretty much Minority Report: the Anime. First season and the recent movie are both pretty damn good. Second season.... not so much.

In order to watch the movie do you need to watch S2?

atomsk

Party Pooper
I wasn't sure if Xbox One was region locked in Hong Kong (as it is in mainland China)

But yeah, an English PS4 release would be great since that should most definitely be region free

I just finished season 1 a couple of days ago and thought it was fantastic. Curious as to the reasons why season 2 wasn't up to par. If I can safely skip S2 then I will certainly down the movie. Just wondering what went wrong for S2.

lonely

Well, that's the thing. Aldnoah also contributed to what I've been perceiving online as a change in attitude from 'oh shit urobuchi's working on this?' to 'uh oh, urobuchi's being advertised as lead writer'
I will admit that most people like to call Urobuchi out now and for most his style has got old but his name does still have a lot of draw. The film that his name was heavily used to advertise, Expelled from Paradise made more than people expected to during its limited cinema release in Japan and it's disc sales were ended up three times what was initially predicted. Not to mention Psycho Pass suffered without him on board with people glad he was back in the movie, even if the writing was a bit clumsy.

miku

Will buy if shes in the game

XkI057q.jpg

PranooY

Nice, Do we have any reviews - press or user reviews for this? So this is a pure VN or adventure? Story is different from that of the anime right?

Risette

A Good Citizen
It was fun to watch while airing.
this describes every urobuchi written show tbh. his bad writing relies entirely on cheap, heavily telegraphed twists for the "what will happen next week?" factor. once it's over nothing really holds up. the more shows he makes the more people notice his schtick, which is why his popularity continues to wane I guess.

Prelude.

Nothing can save a Psycho-Pass product.

By the way, remember that S;G announced for Xbone? Did it end up being anything?

Gargantia is actually my favourite work of his. I haven't seen Fate/Zero yet, though.

http://www.play-asia.com/psycho-pass-sentaku-naki-koufuku-chinese-sub/13/7094yd
http://www.play-asia.com/psycho-pass-sentaku-naki-koufuku-chinese-sub/13/7094yb

This is the 5pb. visual novel that debuted earlier this year as an Xbox One exclusive in Japan. It uses Smartglass and Kinect on that platform. PlayStation versions haven't been announced in Japan yet.

5pb. confirmed that an English release for the game will happen.

i enjoyed the anime quite a lot, day fucking one because the psn doesn't have pre-load for this type of releases

Would definitely buy on PS4 or Vita since I loved the show.

Dunno about the game but the anime was great.

Loved the show.

I will admit that most people like to call Urobuchi out now and for most his style has got old but his name does still have a lot of draw. The film that his name was heavily used to advertise, Expelled from Paradise made more than people expected to during its limited cinema release in Japan and it's disc sales were ended up three times what was initially predicted. Not to mention Psycho Pass suffered without him on board with people glad he was back in the movie, even if the writing was a bit clumsy.

I'm glad it did so well I really liked Expelled from Paradise. I like Urobuchi's stuff and also a big fan of Mizushima thanks to FMA, Gundam 00, etc.

It's cool we knew right from the start that Urobuchi was going to be back for the PP movie.

Jubern

I thought the first season was great, but season 2 and the movie were absolutely awful.

Might be interesting, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom