• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play-Asia lists SEA English release of Demon Gaze II for March

Tohsaka

Hopefully it's not a mistake, I'll definitely be getting it if it's localized. Demon Gaze is my favorite of the localized Experience Inc games and while I've heard this one isn't as good I still want to play it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thats a bit odd. You would think that NISA is doing it for the West, so a separate Asian English version around the general time that Babel is supposed to hit for the West would be a bit bad business for them. As it would eat into the potential sales of the actual NA / EU release.

Considering NISA has God Wars also, its not as if Kadokawa is trying to open their own publishing branch themselves. So something seems strange here with the news.

Then the next question of who is doing the localization if true. Unless Kadokawa paid out a sum of money for the master text for the Asian market cant see them agreeing to assisting with that due to the fact it messes with their potential Western sales due to a localized version of the game on the same platform going out before their own release.

Tohsaka

Maybe NISA passed on the game in favor of Babel due to being able to release a PC version of it and the previous game. Just speculation, no way of knowing if Kadokawa would be disinterested in them porting this game to PC or what.

Parakeetman

Maybe NISA passed on the game in favor of Babel due to being able to release a PC version of it and the previous game. Just speculation, no way of knowing if Kadokawa would be disinterested in them porting this game to PC or what.

Considering how much the first one sold doubt the would be passing up on an item that would pretty much guarantee solid preorders due to fans from the first game. Kadokawa saw also the kind of reception the game got in the West and the special Limited Edition that NISA made for the first game. Its far more beneficial for them to stay partnered as the logistics are all already in place for distribution and sales.

Seeing how Kadokawa is still working with them (God Wars) and NISA has their own schedule out as is with releases, this seems way too early for another localized version on the Vita to come out. Kadokawa would know that also and seeing how NISA is taking care of one of their products its hard to imagine that they would be doing something which will damage their relationship with NISA by allowing for a separate release on the same platform to contain localized English in it before their own Western sales start.

Bit odd honestly.

Would be bizarre if true, but I'd import for sure.

Passed on the first, but this seems like it improves upon it substantially - besides, I don't have time for every DRPG.

Nice. Enjoyed the first a lot more than I thought I would.

What's the consensus in the second? Heard lots of import praise for the first one but nothing for this.

Also, Play-asia. Still waiting for my copy of Nobunaga's Ambition in English on vita :(

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm not really sure what to expect. The same dev did Operation Abyss, right? That was one of the least enjoyable RPGs I've ever played. But people seem to like Demon Gaze, so... I dunno?

Parakeetman

I'm not really sure what to expect. The same dev did Operation Abyss, right? That was one of the least enjoyable RPGs I've ever played. But people seem to like Demon Gaze, so... I dunno?

The problem with Op Abyss vs. Demon Gaze was that Op Abyss outside of the graphics for the most part they pretty much just ported over the PC version which is quite outdated in terms of design and QOL features. So it left people who were used to Demon Gaze for example feeling like they were playing a much more dated game, which they were.

Op Babel solves some of this by actually working on things from the ground up, though a lot of the general gameplay mechanics remain the same.

Demon Gaze was made from the ground up which is why it felt a bit more fresh so to speak. People seemed to like the characters / setting and the gem system in particular with the game. That and it seemed like it was the gateway drug for bunch of other folks who have never really played a DRPG before.

I'll take what I can get. Thank you, Asia! You were the best thing that happened to the Vita in 2016!

If you're a physical collector it's been absolutely mind blowing, but even without, things like Gundam Breaker 3/SD Gundam only being out in Asia is awesome.

My only disappointment with Koei stopping their physical English releases in the region.

Top Bottom