• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play: Dead Space 3 reveal soon, rumors GTA V for Vita

Kyoufu

252231.jpg

Sorry if old/fake. Search didn't come up with anything.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Edit: Beaten.

They asked industry analysts lol. That's their source.

“Regardless of the success of Vita, or whether market demands have shifted, on paper it makes absolute sense to eventually see a GTA on the PS Vita platform,” said industry analyst Jesse Divnich. “Even with a smaller install base, any Grand Theft Auto spin-off is likely to have a strong enough reception to produce significant profits and customer enjoyment.”

“I am sure they will ultimately release a Grand Theft Auto game on Vita,” continues Michael Pachter, Wedbush Morgan analyst. “It’s hard to project when, and to know whether, they will make it a priority. Most likely it will be a 2013 event.”

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/131953...vita_heads_up_issue_217_of_play_magazine.html

Nowgamer (which Play mag is a part of) is horrible.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Besides, who cares? Everyone will be playing it on PS3/X360.

Agreed - can't see the point of putting ports on Vita or Wii U because no one would want them

anyone interested in GTA has a machine that's going to play the game already.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Agreed - can't see the point of putting ports on Vita or Wii U because no one would want them

anyone interested in GTA has a machine that's going to play the game already.

Really now? Wouldn't Wii-only owners looking to upgrade potentially be interested?

DCharlie

Really now? Wouldn't Wii-only owners looking to upgrade be interested?

they could have upgraded at any point in the last X years to play GTA.

I doubt the market of Wii only players gagging to play GTA is as big as people think.

jonno394

Really now? Wouldn't Wii-only owners looking to upgrade potentially be interested?

Plus i'm assuming if a Wii U version was on the cards, it might well look somewhat better or run somewhat smoother and with the addition of the Wii U controller.

If it comes out on all 3 i'd put thought into getting it in Wii U

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
they could have upgraded at any point in the last X years to play GTA.

I doubt the market of Wii only players gagging to play GTA is as big as people think.

I don't think the market is huge, but porting GTA V to Wii U would be an investment into building a fanbase/userbase for R* games on the system.

Unless the Wii U ends up being business as usual for Nintendo the last 16 years, with pitiful third party support.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, Steve Papoutsis is doing random interviews again, so Dead Space 3 should be imminently revealing.

This sounds notably more interesting than a porting rumor.

BurntPork

Banned
How cute, you think it will come to Wii U.

It was rumored multiple times last year, and the first place to report it was 01net. So, it seems likely.

Then again, I said that RE6 was a sure thing...

Anyway, why would I want to play this with worse graphics/framerate on Vita when I have 2-3 other platforms in my house that can run it without sacrifices?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Personally, I would buy GTAV on Vita over the PS3/360 version any day (assuming it would be a quality port). A Wii-U version would be my most preferred though, handheld gaming in the bed ftw.

DCharlie

I don't think the market is huge, but porting GTA V to Wii U would be an investment into building a fanbase/userbase for R* games on the system.

Unless the Wii U ends up being business as usual for Nintendo the last 16 years, with pitiful third party support.

i wonder if Wii U and Vita ports might end up intrinsically linked? (this isn't a comment on the Wii U's power - just a comment that if porting across from PS3/X360 - Vita and PS3/X360 - Wii U are both as straight forward as we're lead to believe then maybe we'll see a scatter gun approach (if the Vita isn't worm food by November)

Peru

If this was true, the sleep mode of the Vita could finally compell me to stick with a GTA to the end and not grow tired midways through some shitty ol mission. Of course better missions wouldn't hurt either.

Top Bottom