• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play magazine, Feb. issue blurb about new Castlevania game for PSP

VinZuku

Dave Halverson's Letter from the Editor page:

"Can you say Dracula X meets Symphony of the Night"

Then on the Most Anticipated games of 2007 page Dave's #3 is Dracula X: Rondo of Blood / PSP

Anybody have any more information? This is the first I've heard of this. I even did a forum search and nothing came up.

Avalon

Wait, how is this happening. Wasn't there something about whathisname saying he didn't think Castlevania could be done on the PSP?

ethelred

Avalon said:
Wait, how is this happening. Wasn't there something about whathisname saying he didn't think Castlevania could be done on the PSP?

sphinx said:
Iga stated PSP was not the place for a castlevania. Was he forced? moneyhated? had he 2nd thoughts?

intriguing...

Well, if it's Rondo of Blood, it's not like they're making a new game.

It's still cool news either way, though.

Thi week I was told by a "friend" that Castlevania is coming to the PSP in a very special form. I tried to contact with Konami but I dind't get any answer. For everybody THIS IS A RUMOUR.

Amir0x

Banned
This "rumour" corresponds nicely to the comment in EGM that "If you like Symphony of the Night, wait to see what's coming in our next issue."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So we know a Castlevania game is coming to the PSP. I hope it's a return to classic Castlevania.

VinZuku

Here's a more complete quote from the magazine:

"There's an epic PSP surprise in the offing too...can you say Dracula X meets Symphony of the Night".

I'm wodering if the game that Dave mentions above in his Letter from the Editor page is the SAME one he mentions later, or are they two different games?

sphinx

the piano man
actually it is kind of expected.

after the poor 3d ps2/xbox attemps, konami has been doing whatever it takes to keep the franchise alive and relevant.

.- GBA double pack
.- fast development of DS iterations and probably another one is already in the works.
.- Symphony of the night on XBLA
.- Castlevania IV (JP) on VC

and now

.- PSP port

it does make absolute sense and I am all for it.

PS. what platform RoB was actually for? Genesis? I can't quit place it.

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:
It'll probably be a remake of Rondo of Blood with 3d graphics.

that's what I'm betting on. But they'll add in some new content too, so it'll definitely be worth playing even for people who played the original

AniHawk

sphinx said:
actually it is kind of expected.

after the poor 3d ps2/xbox attemps, konami has been doing whatever it takes to keep the franchise alive and relevant.

.- GBA double pack
.- fast development of DS iterations and probably another one is already in the works.
.- Symphony of the night on XBLA
.- Castlevania IV (JP) on VC

and now

.- PSP port

it does make absolute sense and I am all for it.

PS. what platform RoB was actually for? Genesis? I can't quit place it.

Turbografx CD thing.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Amir0x said:
that's what I'm betting on. But they'll add in some new content too, so it'll definitely be worth playing even for people who played the original
I think that's a little overzealous. A port at best, is my guess. I'll be really surprised if it gets something like the Ghouls & Ghosts treatment.

thefro

Gotta be a port, maybe with some extra stuff... there's no way Iga could crank out another new CV game in 9 months.

At least there will be a localized version.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Error2k4 said:
a remake of my favorite castlevania makes me giddy.
I dunno. RoB looks really good (cutscense aside) if it went 3d...

sphinx

the piano man
AniHawk said:
Turbografx CD thing.

mmhh turbografx CD is the same as turbograpx 16 ??

anyway, "turbografx" reminds me of the Wii virtual console.........

Wii version in the works?? :p

sphinx said:
mmhh turbografx CD is the same as turbograpx 16 ??

anyway, "turbografx" reminds me of the Wii virtual console.........

Wii version in the works?? :p

The TurboGrafx-16 used Hu-Cards to play games. There were CD attachments for it for CD games - and a later "all-in-one" console release, that being the TurboDuo. I remember NEC having comics as advertising Sega ripping off poor children with their Genesis-CD drive, because they had to then buy the Genesis to play the games - whereas for the same price you could buy a TurboDuo with five free games. Funny how the times don't change.

Llyranor

If it's a port (with or without additional stuff), would Iga necessarily play a role in it? Didn't he say he's not involved in the SotN Live Arcade port?

Eric_S

"Can you say Dracula X meets Symphony of the Night"

Neato, whatever happens to be the case port/enhanced port/remake/new game, I'm one happy camper. I never played Dracula X, so for me it'll be a new experience regardless.

Top Bottom