• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play Pokémon X & Y, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and more at Nintendo Experience Tour

Firestorm

http://www.nintendo.com/events/tour

Nintendo seems to be doing a mall tour starting this weekend that will feature a bunch of games -- most notably Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Pokémon X and Y as some of the locations are before the release of the game. Dates of each event at the link.

Locations:
  • Detroit, MI
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Chicago, IL
  • Milwaukee, WI
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Kansas City, MO
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Dallax, TX
  • Houston, TX
  • Denver, CO
  • Tempe, AZ
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Los Angeles, CA
The games will also be available to play at PAX Prime this weekend in Seattle.

Additionally these locations will have an Animal Crossing event for people to meet up and trade items:

• Detroit, Aug. 31: Briarwood Mall
  • Indianapolis, Sept. 7: Castleton Square Mall
  • Chicago, Sept. 14: Orland Square
  • Chicago, Sept. 15: Woodfield Mall
  • Milwaukee, Sept. 21: Southridge Mall

Bullza2o

Thinking of going to Woodfield Mall. Hmm.

EDIT: Hopefully it won't be similar to the trainwreck that was the E3 Best Buy event, that was very unorganized.

Busaiku

So by the time this hits Houston the only game that won't be available will be The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds.
C'mon...

Thorakai

Would be nice to demo a new IP that can only benefit from the relatively small investment it would take to set up the demo a these malls. If only Nintendo had something that fits the bill.

Surprised this didn't happen on a weekend for Colorado. I'd love to go but those times are...oh wait, Pokemon will be out by the time it rolls into Mile High, never mind...

Honestly, this should be on a weekend, kids are back in school so the weekend would be a better time for them to try the stuff out anyways.

Thoraxes

Chicago, Sept. 14: Orland Square
Chicago, Sept. 15: Woodfield Mall

Holy shit,

Those are both not even 20 minutes from me. I'll be sure to go~

That day is my bro-hangout day too, so i'll talk some people into going.

Bsigg12

Surprised this didn't happen on a weekend for Colorado. I'd love to go but those times are...oh wait, Pokemon will be out by the time it rolls into Mile High, never mind...

Honestly, this should be on a weekend, kids are back in school so the weekend would be a better time for them to try the stuff out anyways.

I was thinking the same thing. Its unfortunate that its not on a weekend. I might go check it out for ALBW but that's it though.

Went to the Detroit/Ann Arbor event and they didn't even have the Pokemon X/Y demos up. And it was frustrating as hell getting Streetpass tags

cheapsuit

Neo Member
I find the wording on the site really cryptic...

Be the first of your friends to try games like Pokémon™ X and Pokémon Y for Nintendo 3DS (available after October 12) or The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD for Wii U (available after launch in October 2013). You may also get to play titles like these upon their release in-store

Does that mean those titles will only be available after the October release dates? (which seems in line with lazybones' experience) Or are they just stating that those product's release dates?

The last statement seems to imply that only released titles will be available at the stops.

While I enjoy the Houston Galleria (and LEGO Store), I'm not willing to drive two hours to play games I can already play at home. Especially since only Wii U Party and A Link Between Worlds will be the only two unreleased advertised possibilities. Which may or may not even be playable.

Bullza2o

Went to the Detroit/Ann Arbor event and they didn't even have the Pokemon X/Y demos up. And it was frustrating as hell getting Streetpass tags

What, no Pokemon demos? That's like 50% of my reason to go to the Chicago one (Zelda ALBW the other game). And frustrating as in too many tags or none?

harmonize

Braving Houston traffic primarily so I can play the demo of a game that comes out on the same day? ya killing me nintendo

Skelter

Banned
Kind of surprised Nintendo isn't demoing anything at Nintendo World. Hell they're heading to Detroit of all places.

Firestorm

The promo is with Simon Malls according to the website. If your state doesn't have a mall owned by that company, they obviously won't have it.

For Toronto that is handled by Nintendo of Canada because you are in Canada...

Tygamr

So pretty much, everything is in the Midwest and the south, and if you're on the west coast there's California. East coast is SoL. Really surprised at the lack of Washington and New York.

I guess Washington has PAX, so it's not completely unfair- but you have to pay for that.

cafemomo

So anyone here going to Woodfield tomorrow?

What part of the mall do you guys think they will host it?

edit nvm i should read the site

Bullza2o

uhm so there was no pokemon xy at all. damn you nintendo lying to me

took two pics

and i was spreading the word of the vita to these 3ds heathens
The whole experience tour in Wood field was terrible! Nothing but already released games were there.

And I was there too! I probably got your street pass but I never really read messages :p

cafemomo

The whole experience tour in Wood field was terrible! Nothing but already released games were there.

yup was really disappointed. was kinda expecting more than just lego gta, luigi's mansion etc. Had a nice chat with those nintendo "reps" though.

the dude was telling me that he only has 1 game for his wii u and it's been in storage since like a couple of weeks after launch. lel

Kyzon

Nintendo seems to try their hardest to avoid Vegas :/

Oh well, it's good that everyday people will be made aware of these games though.

Bullza2o

yup was really disappointed. was kinda expecting more than just lego gta, luigi's mansion etc. Had a nice chat with those nintendo "reps" though.

the dude was telling me that he only has 1 game for his wii u and it's been in storage since like a couple of weeks after launch. lel
Lol I talked to them briefly, and they told me next week they'll show WWHD --in a different state. So it makes me think wtf was Nintendo thinking when planning this event? Showing a great holiday Mario/DK game, Zelda games, and most of all the very near upcoming Pokemon games at the 4th biggest mall in America would have generated a lot of buzz.

Oh well at least I got some AC giveaways and Super saiyan hats, and a lot of street passes.

Top Bottom