• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Play the 2020 GOTY on your PS5 for 50% off!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
That's right ladies and gentlemen, the 2020 GOTY Persona 5 Royal is 50% off on PSN right now ($29.99 USD). Hang up your katana, leave your golf clubs at home, and say goodbye to your animal neighbors. It's time to leap into modern Tokyo and explore the inner depths of people's depraved hearts. Sorry Animal Crossing, I'll be back soon

Buy it here: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA17416_00-PERSONA5R0000000

This game is an absolute masterpiece. Fantastic gameplay, an engrossing story, a phenomenal soundtrack, and marvelous visuals. This title has a sense of presentation and style that no other game has been able to match. If you have yet to play it then you are missing out. I only picked up the game recently and while I had high expectations I was absolutely floored by how good this game is. If you own a PlayStation 4 or 5 and have not played this game yet then you owe it to yourself to buy it. One of the best games of the gen and the best PS exclusive bar none. I cannot say enough good things about it.

With Joker in Smash, Shin Megami Tensei V coming next year, and Persona 5 Scramble seemingly slated for early 2021, there is no better time to play this game.

Alternatively if for some reason my high praise has left you unconvinced and you are willing to make some major sacrifices then vanilla Persona 5 is available to PS5 owners as part of the PS+ Collection:

There is absolutely no excuse for skipping this game. Don't be like me and put it off for such a long time. Push the rest of your backlog aside and queue this one up next.

Edit:
An even better deal at $19.99 for those of you who prefer physical.
Amazon
Best Buy
Steelbook for $24.99.
GameStop

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I may do, I think I have wait for the PS5 patch though (Which will never come I'm guessing based on PS4 Pro support of P5) because the lovely art style is ruined for me when everything is covered in ants.

Mr Moose

What difference is between the freebie p5 on the ps plus collection and p5 royal?
New characters/extended story, grappling hook and some other stuff. (4K on the Pro).

Last edited:
That's not The Last of Us Part II.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
What difference is between the freebie p5 on the ps plus collection and p5 royal?
This, I need details
~20% more game w/ an extended story, a few new side stories, a handful of characters, some new combat options, and a lot of QOL enhancements.

Time for me to finally give this a shot
Mission accomplished! I was hoping at least one person would jump in!

Yeah same here, however does it run at 60fps? If not, I will pass
30FPS. Which would bother me in a FPS or fighting game but being turn based and having an anime styling, including full animated cinematics, I would say it doesn't detract from the experience.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This game is great, and the 30FPS does not hurt it a bit. It's turn based and has great animations so it's not a problem.

Aside from that it has fantastic graphics, music and gameplay, and if you like it there are tons of other SMT games to play. P5 was my introduction to this saga and holy shit, lots of great games in there.

You should get a career in marketing.

ee5.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Ideally I'd like to play Royal, but I bought OG about a year ago. I don't really want to skip it for the newer one. Is it that good that I'd want to play it twice, or so much better than the original that I should play it instead?
I played the original back in 2017 and then beat Royal in 2020... twice. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Royal adds more mechanics to the game and has even more conent after the original ending, so if you can, I would sell my vanilla copy and buy Royal instead.

Imo Royal just fuck ups the opening, and the battle music is different but not better than the old one (imo). Of course those are little nitpicks compared to everything else the reedition has to offer.

Last edited:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Ideally I'd like to play Royal, but I bought OG about a year ago. I don't really want to skip it for the newer one. Is it that good that I'd want to play it twice, or so much better than the original that I should play it instead?
I would say playing both would be like watching Lord of the Rings theatrical and then watching the extended editions. IMO better to just watch the extended, you won't be missing anything.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Game is garbage. Buy something better with your money instead lads
Bought the og release, hated it, sold it. I depise the Persona formula as it turned out. The music is also overhyped to hell.
These posts are paid ads from Atlus' competitor Square Enix. That's just how good Persona 5 is. They are paying people to run smear campaigns. Just another reason to play the game.

Click buy now! Operators are standing by!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief

Hugare

One of the most overrated pieces of shit that I've played

Was able to reach the 3rd palace, I guess?

It's all style, no substance. I mean, there's substance in there alright, but it's full of filler shit.

Characters are as deep as a puddle, combat is BAD and repetitive, dungeons looks like they were procedurally generated

"Let's fuck this guy's life for being a pedophile (understandable), but then let's use the girl that was being abused to seduce another guy 30 mins later"

The "heroes" are a bunch of unlikable, hypocritical teenagers

That's coming from someone who loves Catherine and have enjoyed Persona 4

Love how the people in that other site are such social justice warriors but dont give a fuck about sexualisation of minors in this game 'cause they are a bunch of hypocritical weebs

Sorry, had to vent. I really hate this game.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I got the base P5 and its a really stylish game. If youre not one for turn based battles or thought P4 didnt really explain things I'd go for it

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
fuuuuckkkk..

I want it it but I’m strictly physical.

But wait, there's more!

The Steelbook is $29.00 today at GameStop, $24.99 on 11/25. It looks like it comes w/ a free Queen Funko pop today not sure how to get that deal to apply though. The Fox Funko Pop will be $3 on 11/25. Personally I'm not a fan of funkos but just throwing those out there.

How does this game compare with say Final Fantasy 7 remake?

If you were to play only one of them?
I haven't played FFVII yet but maybe someone else could chime in. I will say that generally speaking Persona 5 was better received and is a "complete" game vs. FFVII being part 1. I think you would be doing well to play either but Persona is arguably a bigger franchise than FF right now due largely to P5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom