• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS XBOX: Early Access Thread

quickwhips

Anyone else have rubber banding issues now since the patch? The game was so good before the patch and now I’m having issues :(

See I can admit when I was wrong.

Calibos

Anyone else have rubber banding issues now since the patch? The game was so good before the patch and now I’m having issues :(

See I can admit when I was wrong.

Yes. But it started for me on Sunday. Also, IGNs PC livestream today was lagging and rubber banding...wonder if servers are burning up with both XB and PC releases happening.

Moz

Whenever I see anyone say "no input lag for me lols" I always assume they don't know what input lag is.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Patch 2 - 22 Dec 2017

Xbox players,
Sincere thanks for your continued feedback, and as usual please direct your thoughts and issues to: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/178-xbox/
The team will continue to evaluate areas for improvement, whether its client and server optimizations or monitoring the current ”Car Meta". Our second patch is focused on quality of life fixes (weapon recoil for example) as well as trying to resolve some of the stability issues that have been brought to our attention.

We expect to release our next patch at the beginning of the year, but we will monitor player feedback carefully and will address critical items over the holiday break as needed.

Thanks again for your support.

This patch will be live at 1AM PST / 10AM CET / 6PM KST.
Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update.

Optimization
Continued performance optimizations

In-game
The tuning range for the general sensitivity option has been expanded
Weapon recoil reduced across the board (Xbox Only)
Team UI will now correctly display voice chat status
Additional Localization updates

Bug
A variety of crash fixes
Fixed an issue where casting bar UI remains onscreen when spectating a target who died while using an item from their inventory

See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team

Calibos

Finally got a winner winner chicken dinner!

Awesome!

I am still working on my second...seems I was overconfident after my first and went on a terrible slide.

Game on the X seems to be running very smooth for the most part now too which is nice! Maybe that's why I am terrible now though...

Dirtsaw

Decided to give it another go with the 2nd patch.
On a OG XBONE played 6 squad and 4 duos, 10 total
2 squads games I black screened, 2 other squad games a team mate black screened (so 4 out of 6 the game crashed)
One duo game I black screened, another game ended abruptly after entering a warehouse and having crates load on top of me, "Player fell to death" lol?
So thats 2 out of 4 games failed
The vehicles seem to handle better but i had some weird collision physics the sent me flying.
On the very positive side , the gunfights seemed much less of a coin toss and I managed another squad dinner
The game is insanely fun, addicting and unfortunately, very frustrating. Please focus on the crashing fix. Everything else can wait.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Patch Three

28 December 2017

Xbox players,

Quick update; we've released a server side patch this evening that addresses one of the lower frequency crashes as well as reduces intermittent in-game lag.

In addition we've made progress on the authentication issue that many players have encountered and we hope to completely resolve that issue soon.

We are still very focused on releasing a client side patch that incorporates some of the community feedback that has been raised, as well as priority bug fixes. We'll have more to share on the timing of that patch in the upcoming days.

easyheimer

Neo Member
It’s crazy how the game crashes have increased in the last week or so. Seems like at least one member of our team is crashing every game. I hope this gets fixed in tonight’s patch. The rubber banding seems to be a lot worse too since the last patch. Other than that the game is ridiculously fun and I can’t stop playing it.

kingwingin

This game is some next level shit, i didnt really think id like it but man was i wrong.

Ended up with a dune buggy and sat in a wheat field chasing down anyone who ran towards the new game area. At one point a guy was running from the blue wall and me haha.

Feels like the loot crates are kinda shitty tho, only got a pair of white pants.

kingwingin

Managed to win a game today, never thought that would happen. Started off so crappy, the two houses i went to had people inside looting already and the third one had nothing. Luckily just after i showed up a guy with a dune buggy pulled up so i stole that.

Dune buggy is a game changer haha.

If anyone wants to do squads or whatever just add me on xobx, kingwingin

HMC

Made it to top 3 in solo...so close.

Never before have I played a game that leaves your heart pounding like this after every match.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Made it to top 3 in solo...so close.

Never before have I played a game that leaves your heart pounding like this after every match.

This. I also made it to 3rd. Hands sweating, heart pounding.

I only messed up because I got to excited amd clicked in the left stick by accident and it screwed up my aiming. Happens to me all the time 😡😡

Night.Ninja

Banned
Preview Update - Squad Mode

Xbox players, we will be deploying a patch at 3AM PST / 12PM CET which will allow you to enjoy Squad mode in all the ways possible.

You will now be able to play Squad mode as a 1, 2, or 3-man squad without having to matchmake with other players.

This update doesn't require any server downtime or a game update.

pro and cons to this update helps non the less

splattered

Wife and I finally decided to give this game a go last night... We started out lasting until mid 30s, then 20s, lower, then final match of the night we ranked 2nd. Played maybe 6 or 8 games total? I've been looking forward to this on Xbox for awhile but we're having so much more fun with it than I even thought we would. Playing standing up getting close to the TV to try and spot enemies together jumping up and down excitedly etc. Haven't had this much fun with a game in forever, especially playing together which is extra cool.

Crazyorloco

I barely played my Xbox one this year (Switch took my time)... I decided to try this game and ended up playing until 4:00 am. I played with friends and it was exciting just watching people play.

I hope they smooth the game out a bit (it’s buggy). I had the game freeze twice while creating my character. I am enjoying the gameplay a lot. I love the tension I feel playing it. Reminds me of rainbow six siege..

TheShocker

First time rolling squads last night. We won 3/5 of first games. The game is a blast solo, but playing with a good team is leagues better imo.

Calibos

Hoping for a stability and netcode patch this week please!

The past 15 games or so have been very unstable. Getting kicked every few games, which is very inconvenient even though the game allows you to re-join immediately.

Also, beware "of Shooting Range"...I crash out there 9 out of 10 times I have landed there over the past 2 weeks.

Still having a total blast though...game is video game crack...although I don't know what that's actually like...

Crazyorloco

I love this game, but seriously what the hell is up with these bugs/freezes. I feel like they can be as lazy as they want with updates since they're already getting everyone's money.

The knock off versions of this game on android/iphone look and run better than this game on the original xbox one. Hopefully there's a stability update coming.

Night.Ninja

Banned
3 Jan 2018

Happy New Year’s Xbox players,

Quick update:

We’ve finalized our list of fixes for our first “Client Side” patch of 2018. This next patch is focused on addressing known crashes as well as providing some quality of life improvements and gameplay adjustments.

If all goes as planned we’ll be submitting our patch to Microsoft Certification tomorrow, with more specifics regarding release timing as well as the content of our patch later this week.

Calibos

Yep!

I sure hope the X gets a 60 fps update soon though

I would be surprised if they did this...but even more surprised if they could. The game is running pretty good now on the X, but it doesn't seem like they have headroom to hit 60. The CPU just isn't up to par for an unoptimized game like this...although I have read that the new map on PC was built from the ground up and is way more optimized. Still, I can't see it.

A locked 30 and smoother, prettier experience would be great though.

Also, good on PubG Corp, Bluehole and MS for pushing patches so frequently on an early access game...

Xbudz

looking forward to the framerate getting fixed. The 10FPS during the air drop sequence is nauseating.

hiphopcr

oR6G8V9.png

Thanks Microsoft !

Night.Ninja

Banned
Patch 4 I think 😶
Thank you for your enthusiastic feedback and support as we transitioned into 2018.
The team has been working diligently to elevate the overall player experience, as well as listen and react to our community feedback.
Below you will find quality of life fixes, as well as our efforts to resolve known memory crashes, and incremental improvements to performance.
Given the complexity of some of the crashes that have been logged, we know there is still work remaining in order for us to reproduce and address all remaining issues. Crash fixes, like all areas of the game, will be something we continue to improve upon as part of our Xbox Game Preview roadmap.

Gameplay
Aim acceleration can now be adjusted by players via in-game option
Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles. We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates
FPP Solo matchmaking queue will be made available for NA/EU/and Oceanic servers. We will open other modes within those regions as concurrency allows
Fixed an issue that caused indoor lighting and shadows to appear too dark and blueish
Analog stick acceleration added while exiting the plane and while parachuting

Optimization
PhysX performance enhancements
Server FPS slightly increased
Client FPS slightly increased
Some VFX received slight optimizations

Option
Music on/off option added

Bug fixes
Addressed a number of known crashes
Fixed a UI issue that occurred when multiple players attempted to loot from the same source

The servers will be in maintenance from 1 AM PST / 9 AM UTC / 6 PM KST in preparation for the new patch. It will take about 30 minutes.
Please close the game and update your client. Apologies for the inconvenience.

We ask that you continue to direct feedback, questions, or bugs to:
General Discussion & Feedback
General Help
Suggestions
Bug Reports & Troubleshooting

See you in-game,
The PUBG Development and Community Team

Like 16
Thanks 22
Confused 1
Sad 1

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Until I can afford an X, I will continue playing on my XB1. Hopefully, they can get the crashes fixed and maybe achieve a steady 30fps.

Calibos

Nice find! I thought it was feeling very strange, so I put it back to 5 and it was “OK” but not great.

Will try this tonight...Game in the X is running super smooth “in game” now. Occasional rubber banding in 8 matches last night and one crash at military base, but great other than that. Also, looking around for other assholes when you are parachuting in is fast and smooth now ...which is helpful.

Last edited:

splattered

I wonder what people generally use for control settings... will try the above mentioned but what about everything else?

ahartig

Used to the default controls, not going to bother changing them anytime soon.

That's what I have been doing but lord I swear I can't hit a damn thing sometimes, will try the AA at 10 like the post above mentions. That seems to be similar to what BF games are like.... right?

Artistic

Don't know, I'm sure changing the settings could help, but it's a lot more of a methodical game to the point where it might be unneeded. BF, at least BF1 is a lot more fast paced where aim acceleration could be needed.

Calibos

I am all over the place on the controls right now...too many options!!!!

Wanted to say, the major issue I see right now is something Digital Foundry pointed out..."Lag spiking when enemy players are in your proximity". It's a real thing and they need to fix it asap. In the meantime though, if you are running smooth for a bit and get a sudden hitch/Rubber Band keep your eyes peeled in your immediate area. There will be enemy players...I guarantee it.

Top Bottom