• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS XBOX: Early Access Thread

Night.Ninja

Banned
what's everyones current sensitivity settings in game? I watched this video switch things up a bit I feel like its improved my game

what I'm using at the moment
20180311_203313192_i_OS.jpg

Last edited:

NickFire

When I mentioned Fortnite in a different thread someone gave me their opinion that this is a better game. Read a comparison article showing this has more realistic weapons, etc., and decided to try it. After searching it out in the PSN store I tried Google and learned this is Xbox and PC only. As of now, I cannot find anything showing a confirmed launch. Closest thing I could find is a suggestion that it will be after it goes gold on Xbox. Sucks I can't try it and I'm kinda shocked they went the Xbox only route. They must not have realized what they had in their hands when they did that. Talk about leaving money on the table.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
When I mentioned Fortnite in a different thread someone gave me their opinion that this is a better game. Read a comparison article showing this has more realistic weapons, etc., and decided to try it. After searching it out in the PSN store I tried Google and learned this is Xbox and PC only. As of now, I cannot find anything showing a confirmed launch. Closest thing I could find is a suggestion that it will be after it goes gold on Xbox. Sucks I can't try it and I'm kinda shocked they went the Xbox only route. They must not have realized what they had in their hands when they did that. Talk about leaving money on the table.

and have you not seen how much this has sold on xbox?yes it will sell on ps4 to.
its a small team apparently so they don't have the resources to do all consoles at once

NickFire

and have you not seen how much this has sold on xbox?yes it will sell on ps4 to.
its a small team apparently so they don't have the resources to do all consoles at once
My understanding is it has done well. Doesn't change my surprise to learn after EA's Titanfall exclusivity backfire, these guys omitted the console with 70M units sold. Again, guessing they did not realize what they had on their hands when they went Xbox only.

YoshiMax

My understanding is it has done well. Doesn't change my surprise to learn after EA's Titanfall exclusivity backfire, these guys omitted the console with 70M units sold. Again, guessing they did not realize what they had on their hands when they went Xbox only.

It’s an early access title - MS have an early access program, Sony doesn’t.

Night.Ninja

Banned

Titanfall only got made because Microsoft put money behind it

phil_t98

#SonyToo

also Microsoft have shifted a ton of consoles. they defiantly knew what they had on their hands because pc was so successful, as stated Microsoft have early access and game still being developed. EA titantfall didn't backfire they sold a lot when console was new and enough to green light a sequel. now said sequel which is a better game came out on both consoles and didn't sell as well as expected

Calibos

MS saw what they had on their hands and came with the Game preview program, development resources and a bag of money...Sony didn’t, but will eventually get a version that has been thouroughly tested on console.

The game is in pretty good shape, but still has a long way to go...Fortnite is advancing faster because of Epics unlimited resources and is a better package right now. It’s driving PubG forward though and forcing them to not sit on their pile of money.

Titanfall 1 strategy didn’t backfire.

Sooo either patience, a new Xbox or a PC...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/198941-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-11/

Xbox players,

The team’s efforts on “Patch 11” have been focused on continued performance optimization, and stability improvements across the family of Xbox consoles. We are also introducing changes to inventory management, in an effort to increase the speed at which players can navigate menus and change their loadout. We continue to monitor crash data, and look to further reduce the frequency of crashes with each update through Game Preview and beyond.

Please continue to bring your feedback, questions and enthusiasm to: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/178-xbox/

The servers will be in maintenance from 9PM KST / 1AM PDT / 9AM CET in preperation for the new patch. Maintenance will take about 30 minutes.
Please restart your Xbox after the patch goes live to get the update. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Performance / Optimization / Stability

• Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
  • Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
  • Additional fixes to reduce crashes

UI/UX (Inventory)

• The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
  • Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments - players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
  • Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons

Gameplay

• A counter has been added to show the number of players remaining on the airplane

Cosmetic Items

• Reminder to the community that the Varsity Jacket (also known as the PUBG5 jacket) announced last week will be rewarded to players after March 22nd 12:01AM. Look for it in your in-game inventory from March 22nd, inside the customization tab of the menu.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue that caused players to hear footsteps when no other players were in the vicinity
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the blue zone from being displayed correctly

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/175154-known-issues-updated-03292018/

Hello Xbox players,

Below is the list of issues that are under investigation or scheduled to be fixed.

[Update time: 03/29/2018 18:00]

Scheduled To Be Fixed

These issues have been already resolved internally. They will be applied in the next live server patch.

• When the stack split UI is on in a vehicle, other actions are still available
  • Typo in English text - "Spectating", not "Spectate"
  • Vietnamese and Turkish text is broken in worldmap help menu
  • When obtaining equipment, relevant icon is not applied to HUD
  • Player's sitting position is displayed irregularly when switching seats on the motorbike
  • In certain situations, a vehicle can suddenly jump into the air

Under Investigation / Fix In Progress
These are issues that are under investigation or in the process of being resolved.

• When the stack split UI is open and closed in a vehicle, the vehicle cannot move
  • When playing the game for the first and a controller disconnected message is displayed before creating a new character, the message does not go away even after pressing A
  • The character becomes stuck inside an object when object loading is delayed
  • When using freelook whilst moving and reloading, the character will automatically face the direction of the freelook camera when the reloading is finished
  • Other players are intermittently invisible
  • Vehicles spinning/flipping randomly
  • When player reconnects from the crash, the character cannot get in to the plane and all the variables say "False"
  • After entering a match, deadzone setting is reset
  • A crash occurs when repeatedly switching between multiple players when spectating
  • A persistent performance drop occurs when rapidly switching between players in Spectator Mode
  • Connection Failed' error appears when attempting to reconnect after a crash or pulling the LAN cable
  • When a player dies in the water, the hold breath UI remains in Spactator Mode
  • Upon collision, vehicles may become entangled and unresponsive
  • Multiple sections of the dirt layer are clipping through the road along the highway on the way to the military base
  • Players are able to see inside the terrain in certain overturned vehicles
  • Active matchmaking animation continues to be displayed after matchmaking has been cancelled
  • Customization Menu background is applied to the Main Menu by switching menu screens rapidly
  • When the aim acceleration is set above 6, the acceleration applied is much higher than intented
  • When changing seats, HP bar turns red and the equipment icons disappear temporarily
  • Scope reflection for 4x is too bright
  • Quick scroll function is not working with Controller Binding Preset Type B
  • When wearing certain shoes, player's ankle area appears cut off
  • Some hairstyle and hair color combinations cause visual glitches
  • Players can walk forward or backward but not right or left
  • Sometimes pressing a different button rather than the designated 'X' button will allow players to pick up an item anyway
  • Light leaks through corners and seams between walls inside all Erangel buildings
  • Player sometimes fails to rejoin a match, after quitting while loading into the match for the first time
  • Ground texture in front of a building in Shooting Range is displayed incorrectly
  • The first item slot in player's Inventory does not appear selected when scrolling to it
  • When searching for a match, only the squad leader is able to 'Cancel Matchmaking,' while other members are unable to do so and can only 'Leave Party'
  • In TPP, when switching seats in a vehicle while it is turning, the vehicle appears to stutter
  • Button to switch to 2-3 Man Squad Mode sometimes does not work
  • Wearing certain shoes or clothes has player's skin exposed through them
  • When wearing certain shoes and pants, the shoes clip through the pants

Need To Be Reported

These are not wide-spread issues and require more player reports to be resolved individually. If you are experiencing one of these issues, please contact [customer support]

• Scrolling through items in the inventory stops working
    • Please contact our customer support with the clip showing details of the issue
  • Player’s gamertag is displayed as numbers in-game
    • Please contact our customer support along with the screenshot of the issue
  • Intermittent crash occurs when connecting to the dashboard
    • Please contact our customer support and include the details of how it occurred
  • When reconnecting to the match while inside a vehicle, the character bounces out the vehicle or dies instantly
    • Please contact our customer support with the clip showing the player's state before and after reconnecting

Resolved Issues
These are issues which were patched on the live servers among the “Scheduled To Be Fixed” category.

• The dotted line leading to the center of the safe zone is sometimes inaccurate
  • After dropping the primary weapon in the inventory screen, the slot it was in remains selected
  • When the stack split UI is on, Y button/RT/Map/Inventory closing function are still usable
  • Revive action is being cancelled every 60 seconds from the match start
  • Bluezone warning message not showing
  • Safezone guiding line is pointing the wrong direction

Last edited:

splattered

Logged in to look for the "free crate" for the new cosmetics but didn't see anything... is the wording just strange here?

Night.Ninja

Banned
Developer message

Hi everybody,

It’s been four months since PUBG hit Xbox Game Preview and we’ve just released patch #12.

Our Xbox team has been constantly working on optimizations and bugfixes, alongside all the features we promised in the Xbox spring roadmap. Today we want to share a little more about the content drops and improvements we’ll be shipping to PUBG over the next couple of months.

After extensive efforts, we’ve been able to get Miramar ready for Xbox. Miramar will be coming to test servers before the end of April, and we expect it’ll hit live servers sometime in May.

The Miramar test server update will also include new vehicles and weapons, alongside several crucial gameplay optimizations. Here are just two examples:

1. Our art asset streaming process has been optimized. This will somewhat improve the “play-doh” effect on textures and will mitigate interior prop pop-in issues. This will make a big difference in the early phases of each game.
  2. Our character movement system was also causing some problems, and has now been optimized. Performance and stability will be better even when many players gather in one location. We expect this to help out the game’s performance past the mid-phase.

Expect to also see new and improved designs for out-of-game menus and screens. The update is necessary to prepare our servers for when event matches and custom matches are introduced later on.

Finally, improving crashes is our highest priority. Simply put, stability is the most basic element that determines gameplay quality, so we’re taking it seriously and focusing on it with every patch. All of these changes will hit the test server first so we can make sure the above-mentioned optimizations run well before pushing them to live.

It's been a significant challenge for our team to bring a massive open world game like PUBG to life on console, and we're working hard to staff up our development resources so we can invest more in the game and the community. The feedback we get from players is great motivation for us, so we want to say: thank you. Thanks for your feedback, your patience and your support throughout this journey.

With love,
PUBG Corp.

Calibos

The new map is awesome, its soo big so many dale snakes

I agree. Loving all the towns and places to drop to and I think it runs much smoother than the original. That could be placebo effect though...I hope Digital Foundry or someone runs an X1X framerate analysis on it.

hiphopcr

Sucks I can't try it and I'm kinda shocked they went the Xbox only route. They must not have realized what they had in their hands when they did that. Talk about leaving money on the table.
Yeah, it had only been the most popular game on PC for a year when they irrationally chose to put it on a console with a strong PC connection and program designed for early access games...

giphy.gif

Calibos

It really showed me that there is a path to this game running very well on console. Going back to Erangel, the framerate difference, especially in heavy player areas is very noticeable now. I just hope they can get the Xbox version up to a 1.0 release this year and get some feature parity in the next few months with PC and mobile. Those two platforms have a bunch of features and modes that aren't available on the X yet.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
And Sony doesn't have a game preview program and Microsoft is supporting the team with technology and publishing, make sense now?

You don't need a game preview program when you are selling it. That is call a release. They bottom line is MS became publisher and basically gave them money through marketing, development, etc. It's a timed 3rd party exclusive. The good news for PS4 players is by the time it reaches the PS4, it might reach 30fps in an era of 60fps BR games.

Calibos

You don't need a game preview program when you are selling it. That is call a release. They bottom line is MS became publisher and basically gave them money through marketing, development, etc. It's a timed 3rd party exclusive. The good news for PS4 players is by the time it reaches the PS4, it might reach 30fps in an era of 60fps BR games.

Yeah? Tell that to Steam.

You saying it's not needed is irrelevant. It exists and is the only reason Bluehole and MS could bring PubG to console. Multiple articles were written about this in the beginning. MS was not the Publisher when it was announced. That deal was made later.

On topic, it looks like the optimization we saw in the Mirimar map is coming to Erangel today. Game has made dramatic improvements since it's initial launch.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/226541-xbox-game-preview-patch-notes-13/

NickFire

And Sony doesn't have a game preview program and Microsoft is supporting the team with technology and publishing, make sense now?
That has nothing to do with your claim that I could have played on PC, which I responded to. But going back to your point, I understand the argument. In hindsight though, it was a business mistake to stay off PS4. Short term success for sure, but long term all they did was give Fortnite the keys to the top of the money castle.

NickFire

Yeah cuz if it can't be on PS4 is should be no where o_O
I would appreciate it if you didn't claim that I suggested something I never remotely suggested. Never said it shouldn't exist if not on PS4. What I am saying is that in hindsight, they did not gain as much as they could have, and their deal also let a competitor swoop in and take their spot as the biggest game in the genre. If you honestly dispute that, I think you've missed quite a few news articles in recent months.

Leonidas

Played this a week ago on the X and the experience was improved over my previous experience in the game, great to see it's progress.
That has nothing to do with your claim that I could have played on PC, which I responded to. But going back to your point, I understand the argument. In hindsight though, it was a business mistake to stay off PS4. Short term success for sure, but long term all they did was give Fortnite the keys to the top of the money castle.

It's the top selling game on the Xbox One. What more could you ask of a game other than become the top selling game on the platform?

The game has done 30m units between PC and XB1. If PS4 version was released those numbers would have probably been increased by 20-25% at this point at best.

Having the game on PS4 would not change anything. Fortnite would still be available on more platforms, be free and have a broader audience(cartoon graphics, frantic action) than PUBG.

Last edited:

Calibos

I would appreciate it if you didn't claim that I suggested something I never remotely suggested. Never said it shouldn't exist if not on PS4. What I am saying is that in hindsight, they did not gain as much as they could have, and their deal also let a competitor swoop in and take their spot as the biggest game in the genre. If you honestly dispute that, I think you've missed quite a few news articles in recent months.

I dispute it.

You're missing a bunch of facts by reading hot takes. PubG not being on the PS4 had nothing to do with Fortnite "swooping in and taking the spot." They have missed out on some market share and money sure, but that's it. They aren't Epic Games and didn't have the team to bring the game to multiple consoles plain and simple. Fortnite has been in development forever on Epic's own game engine, "Unreal" and it wasn't until Epic saw the success of PubG that the mode was developed for Fortnite.(along with a million other deveopers and their games)

-Fortnite is being developed by a AAA game studio. PubG isn't
-Fortnite is able to update and release content faster because of the above
-Fortnite released across PC, Xbox and PS4 pretty much all at once.
-Fortnite grabbed the attention of the 10-16 year old market
-Fortnite was first to mobile
-Fortnite is FREE TO PLAY and is filled with microtransactions to bank cash

A few other things to consider:

-PubG cost money to play, but still had a giant playerbase across steam and xbox even while it was in early access on PC
-PubG was a phenomenon last year. That never lasts forever...There is always someone out there who wants to eat your lunch
-PubG isn't ruled out yet for PS4 and other platforms. It hit mobile and is very good on that platform so why not other places too?

Lastly, PubG and Fortnite are similar in "genre/mode" only. Fortnite has way more mass/casual appeal which you can attribute the majority of it's success to. However, PubG isn't dying, it's just existing in second place to this year's phenomenon.

Perspective.

NickFire

I dispute it.

You're missing a bunch of facts by reading hot takes. PubG not being on the PS4 had nothing to do with Fortnite "swooping in and taking the spot." They have missed out on some market share and money sure, but that's it. They aren't Epic Games and didn't have the team to bring the game to multiple consoles plain and simple. Fortnite has been in development forever on Epic's own game engine, "Unreal" and it wasn't until Epic saw the success of PubG that the mode was developed for Fortnite.(along with a million other deveopers and their games)

-Fortnite is being developed by a AAA game studio. PubG isn't
-Fortnite is able to update and release content faster because of the above
-Fortnite released across PC, Xbox and PS4 pretty much all at once.
-Fortnite grabbed the attention of the 10-16 year old market
-Fortnite was first to mobile
-Fortnite is FREE TO PLAY and is filled with microtransactions to bank cash

A few other things to consider:

-PubG cost money to play, but still had a giant playerbase across steam and xbox even while it was in early access on PC
-PubG was a phenomenon last year. That never lasts forever...There is always someone out there who wants to eat your lunch
-PubG isn't ruled out yet for PS4 and other platforms. It hit mobile and is very good on that platform so why not other places too?

Lastly, PubG and Fortnite are similar in "genre/mode" only. Fortnite has way more mass/casual appeal which you can attribute the majority of it's success to. However, PubG isn't dying, it's just existing in second place to this year's phenomenon.

Perspective.
So then we agree it lost the top spot, and disagree on whether it would have definitely lost the top spot if it was on PS4 (I think). On that latter point, you give a compelling argument that it would have lost the top spot regardless. I can admit that not being able to play it might be causing me to project my annoyance by such, to believe that is why Fortnite swooped in like it did. Did not look at it from that angle before.

Calibos

So then we agree it lost the top spot, and disagree on whether it would have definitely lost the top spot if it was on PS4 (I think). On that latter point, you give a compelling argument that it would have lost the top spot regardless. I can admit that not being able to play it might be causing me to project my annoyance by such, to believe that is why Fortnite swooped in like it did. Did not look at it from that angle before.

Agree to disagree. It's a good discussion to have and one that I am sure the devs of these games and everyone following is having constantly. To me, Fortnite is a lot like Minecraft, although free to play. Once it captured that younger age range, it exploded. Fortnite has that potential with it's trending popularity and a studio like Epic behind it.

I also think PubG is far from done. It has caught on in the E-Sports world somewhat and is really one of few Sim/Hardcore tactical large scale games out there that has been widely adopted. Seems like they both have a space to fill.

Until the next big game/phenom comes along.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I was happy with the test server, gonna play couple games tonight see how it runs. Thing is the game has always played decent for me with only a few hiccups.

hiphopcr

Never said it shouldn't exist if not on PS4. What I am saying is that in hindsight, they did not gain as much as they could have, and their deal also let a competitor swoop in and take their spot as the biggest game in the genre.
You can literally say that about any exclusive ever. Barring from other platforms reduces potential players. But you can't complain about how Xbox has no games that excite you, and then complain about how it has a game that excites you that you can't play.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Hi folks,

The test server is back! This time around we’re planning to run the test for just three days. Depending on how the test goes, we may decide to extend it further.

The test includes both Miramar and Erangel so we can test our matchmaking systems before bringing Miramar to live servers. That means that whenever you select a queue, the game will randomly drop you into one of the two possible maps. After we’ve tested our matchmaking systems, we may again adjust the map settings.

Eventually, map selection will come to Xbox. It may simply take some time to bring it over.

TEST SCHEDULE:

Day One
May 5, 5am PDT – May 5, 11pm PDT
May 5, 2pm CEST – May 6, 8am CEST

Day Two
May 6, 8am PDT – May 6, 11pm PDT
May 6, 5pm CEST – May 7, 8am CEST

Day Three
May 7, 8am PDT – May 7, 11pm PDT
May 7, 5pm CEST – May 8, 8am CEST

AVAILABLE QUEUES:
All queues include both Miramar & Erangel
Solo TPP
Duo TPP
Squad TPP/FPP

For now, we’re only opening up FPP servers for squads. This is because we’re concerned about splitting the matchmaking pool up too much. If it turns out that we have enough players on the test server, we’ll consider opening up FPP servers for both solos and duos.

PATCH CHANGES:

Settings menu changes:
Game settings are now grouped up by category.
Colorblind settings have been added
Crosshair settings have been added
Added a new slider interface
Added an option to adjust strength of game controller vibration.
Added an option to set deadzone for the left analog stick.
Aim acceleration can now be completely disabled if set to 0.
Those of you who previously set it to “0” may want to set it to “1” to preserve the feel from previous patches.
The game controller function guide has been updated.

Scopes have been changed to be more realistic:
Expanded all scopes’ field of view
Added a parallax effect when moving weapons quickly
Added vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction), and a distortion effect on the edge of scopes

Out-of-game menus and UX improvements:
The “cancel matchmaking” UI has been improved. You can now cancel matchmaking by holding the X button on any screen except the SETTINGS menu
We improved the UI that indicates that matchmaking is in progress. Progress time is now displayed. When a match is found, a countdown will appear
Transition speed between menus has been increased
Two new menu items have been added: CUSTOMIZATION and STORE.
To get a box, go to STORE > CRATES
To open the box you’ve received, go to MY ITEMS in STORE
On test servers, the number of boxes that can be purchased per week has been increased significantly (up to 100)
After launching the game, a single, simplified loading screen pops up before the lobby appears (instead of many different screens)

A few more miscellaneous changes:
Emotes have been added. Emote UI will show up if you press the LB+RB buttons at the same time. Choose an emote with the right analog stick and press down with the R stick to use the selected emote.
We added some contextual on-screen popups that explain button functions.
Added new grenade hit effects and animations
We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters when dealing non-lethal damage (if players are killed by a grenade, they’ll still be knocked back)

Bug fixes
There was a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in a leaning position (caused by going prone while leaning). This is now fixed.
Fixed an issue causing punching to slow down movement while sprinting
Player can no longer see through walls by going prone near houses with stone steps in Miramar
In spectator mode, water sounds sometimes inappropriately continued after changing perspective. This has now been fixed
When preparing to throw grenades, the projection visualization no longer inappropriately penetrates through objects

Known issue:
After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there’s a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.

Bug Bounty Program:
As announced previously, we’ll give rewards to 150 players who report bugs on the Xbox Test Server.

To submit your bugs, just use this link before the bug bounty program ends on 5/14. Please visit the Bug Bounty FAQ for more information.

We’ll also give two Militia Crates to everyone who participated in the test! These will be distributed sometime after the test closes.

Thanks so much for playing, and we look forward to your feedback!

With love,
The PUBG Xbox Team

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
PUBG was being beat by Fortnite 5:1 on Twitch today. With Paladins and H1Z1 coming soon to consoles, they are going to fall further behind when the genre is associate with F2P and PUBG still wants $30 for what is basically a buggy beta.

-MD-

I've no idea how people are still playing Fortnite, that game got stale the same night I installed it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
PUBG was being beat by Fortnite 5:1 on Twitch today. With Paladins and H1Z1 coming soon to consoles, they are going to fall further behind when the genre is associate with F2P and PUBG still wants $30 for what is basically a buggy beta.
Paladins has been on Xbox and PS4 for a while now. Or is there some new BG mode that's getting released for it?

Calibos

Paladins has been on console forever, and is in a different genre??? Overwatch should be worried I guess?

H1Z1 has been second class to PubG and Fortnite always. It brings nothing “new” to the table.

Fortnite is free to play and appeals to the mass market, teenagers and the mobile phone market...sooooo no shit.

On Topic:

The test server is slick and I am looking forward to all the changes there to carry over. Better Framerate, better polish, better responsiveness, better options and UI. I also hope they can get some of the extra modes up and running on the test server soon!

Good job Bluhole and PubG Corp.

dont cry , maybe next year u will play pubg on ps4

Top Bottom