• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS XBOX: Early Access Thread

Calibos

New Digital Foundry video testing the Mirimar map on the test server.

Digital Foundry XB1 PubG Test Server

I still think its kind silly to test a Game preview game as much as they have...let alone a test server version of it. In my opinion, the game is playing much better now than it was at launch, although on the standard Boxes, the "Play-doh" effect is a real issue.

They also constantly compare the game to PC release 1.0 and beyond on Ultra and Medium settings. Two issues with this are that the XB version is only at 0.6.4 compared to the PC 1.+ and nobody plays this game at Ultra settings. Its a competitive disadvantage to do so.

Side note, H1Z1 beta is soon on PS4 and I will be curious how it looks/runs in the real world. It appears to be running at 60fps in this video, but looks very dated at times and something about the movement looks "off". Either way, when it drops, someone should start a thread.

H1Z1 PS4 Gameplay

If the solution to getting great performance is decimating all the textures, geometry and foliage and adding fog from the N64 era, I would accept that in PubG for 60fps.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
"Preview" is a cop out. The game is being sold, it is released. Trying to wiggle out of performance and bugs with a made up label does a disservice to people who spent their money.

If the solution to getting great performance is decimating all the textures, geometry and foliage and adding fog from the N64 era, I would accept that in PubG for 60fps.

PUBG already has all those issues and is still 25fps.

Last edited:

Calibos

"Preview" is a cop out. The game is being sold, it is released. Trying to wiggle out of performance and bugs with a made up label does a disservice to people who spent their money.

Ok. Care to add anything useful? Have you regularly played this on Xbox One or X? You can have that opinion, but as I believe I said before "Preview" and "Early Access" are a part of the gaming industry and allow developers to put out an unfinished game to test in the real world and fund continued development. This is an important thing that small devs need desperately.

Do you say this about Steam early access too? If PS4 had a program allowing early preview builds on their system would you decry it then? Just curious where your disdain for this type of program comes from?

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Ok. Care to add anything useful? Have you regularly played this on Xbox One or X? You can have that opinion, but as I believe I said before "Preview" and "Early Access" are a part of the gaming industry and allow developers to put out an unfinished game to test in the real world and fund continued development. This is an important thing that small devs need desperately.

Do you say this about Steam early access too? If PS4 had a program allowing early preview builds on their system would you decry it then? Just curious where your disdain for this type of program comes from?

I say this about all games that charge money, but the PUBG devs have many millions of sales from the PC and the technical backing of MS, they are not five guys in a basement. MS wanted a release so bad they pushed it out the door early. They could held it off and made sure it was not a technical POS. Even Daybreak who is nearly broke and out of business can get their game running at 60fps before release. Maybe they should have pushed it out six months ago at 25fps for a money grab?

Calibos

I say this about all games that charge money, but the PUBG devs have many millions of sales from the PC and the technical backing of MS, they are not five guys in a basement. MS wanted a release so bad they pushed it out the door early. They could held it off and made sure it was not a technical POS. Even Daybreak who is nearly broke and out of business can get their game running at 60fps before release. Maybe they should have pushed it out six months ago at 25fps for a money grab?

-PubG was/is a small development team.

-They started on Xbox Dev last May-ish

-H1Z1 has been in dev/on PS4 for at least 4 years. H1Z1 Original Announce May, 2014

What would you have done if you were MS and PubG could release on your Game preview program? Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I have enjoyed 12 days of playtime in this game since it's release, boogers and all. Maybe that money helped them push the game forward, maybe not, but I have recieved my $30 worth of entertainment.

pr0guchi

Neo Member
players atm going rapidly down on xbox. fortnite is already in season 4 and technical flawless.
they really have to push forward the development...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/239041-xbox-test-server-patch-notes-5182018-edition/

Hello everyone,

We’re back with the final round of testing before Miramar comes to live servers on May 24th!

We appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports we have received so far. As you can see from the patch notes below we have made changes based on that feedback, as well as fixing bugs which were reported in the previous tests.

Please continue to give us your feedback and report bugs on the Xbox section of our forums.

Servers can go down for maintenance at any time. If that happens, check our support Twitter or this post for info.

TEST SCHEDULE:

Servers open:
Friday, May 18, 8am PDT / 5pm CEST

Servers close:
Servers will be open until Miramar comes to live servers on May 24th. PTS will be available during the live server maintenance.

AVAILABLE QUEUES:

All queues include both Miramar & Erangel

Solos, Duos, and Squads (TPP/FPP for each)

PATCH CHANGES:

Optimization / Stabilization

• We have modified world loading processes, allowing buildings and their interiors to load simultaneously and reducing the overall rendering time.
    • Miramar requires additional work to bring it to the same level of optimisation as Erangel.
  • Optimized shadow in certain situations to reduce crashes.

Settings

• Option of turning off Aim Acceleration has been separated, and the slider that sets the acceleration degree has been changed from 0~10 to 1~10.
  • Settings tab order has been changed.
  • Name and description of “Control Setting” has been modified.
  • Slider range of the “Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier” has been adjusted to 50%–150%.

World

• Vehicle and weapon spawns have been increased on Miramar.

Bugfixes

• Fixed bug where vertical movement speed wasn't representative of settings chosen.
  • Fixed an issue where inverted control settings were being applied to the emote UI.
  • Fixed a problem that sometimes messed up movement while aiming down sights in third person perspective (it was happening when aim acceleration was turned off).
  • You can now freelook while automatically swimming forward in water
  • Fixed an issue preventing some teammates’ map markers from showing on the compass
  • Sights should no longer become blocked while in ADS position after attaching high-magnification scopes
  • Fixed a problem preventing weapon display UI colorblind mode from being applied properly
  • Fixed the description of the “Auto Swim” button in the gamepad guide
  • Fixed some problems preventing interacting pop-ups from functioning properly in certain situations
    • The in-game UI was sometimes failing to update when reloading a firearm to indicate freed up inventory space
    • The interaction key sometimes failed to show when certain actions were performed in front of a door
  • Emotes can no longer be used while preparing to throw grenades
  • Fixed the problem causing over-the-shoulder views to sometimes lock up when opening the emotes UI
  • Fixed the problem wherein turning off BGM in the lobby setting window didn’t work
  • Fixed the problem preventing players from changing seats in vehicles
  • The emotes UI no longer improperly displays on the victory screen
  • Improved situations where other player’s motorcycle will look as if it was going under the terrain while driving.

Known issue:

After long play sessions (three or more hours) on the standard Xbox One and the Xbox One S, the game sometimes crashes. This has been a problem for some time, and we hope to solve it soon. In the meantime, there’s a simple workaround you can use. Simply restart the app every couple of hours if you plan on playing a longer play session.

Calibos

Can’t wait to get all of this into the standard server. Erangel is running very well on the PTS. All of the menus look miles better and the scopes in game are night and day better.

The building load in on OG X1 is very rough on the standard server, so hopefully this fixes that.

Sarah Rosario

Neo Member
Bluehole Studios has finally added in Miramar to PUBG for the Xbox. The new desert styled map features extreme, elevated terrain and tall buildings with fewer trees which will give players new options for playing around cover. So, for those of you who have been wanting a different experience, your time has come. Test out Miramar and see what the new map has to offer.

Calibos

I must be the only person not having issues with this game

I am not really having any major issues on the X1X, but after the last patch, I have noticed some frame stuttering on the initial landing in a map. Happens every few games and lasts for a few seconds...

The OG Xbox version I play at work is still having building load issues and some stuttering. I am going to transfer it to a SSD today to see if that helps though.

I really would like them to move on from performance for a minute and implement some of the PC and mobile content, menus and modes though. Reading twitter and their forums, it seems like they are still organizing their different platform teams.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/268300-community-event-headhunter-1st-progression/

Hello PUBG XBox Community,

It's our third day into the Headhunter Community Event and so far you’ve all amassed a neck-snapping 1,147,832 HEADSHOT KILLS of the 4,000,000 goal!

There are still many domes out there ripe for the popping, so get your shots in before the event ends on June 27th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST to finish off those last 2,852,168 headshot kills. Great work so far! Our next progression snapshot will be on June 25th.

For event details and prizes please see: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/267385-community-event-headhunter/

Thanks

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/269694-community-event-headhunter-2nd-progression/

Hello PUBG Xbox Community,

Things are heating up as we draw close to the end of our very first Community Event! With just 2 days left to go in Headhunter, the Xbox Community has scored an impressive 3,208,954 headshots of the 4,000,000 goal!

Time is running out, so now’s the time to polish up that 8x and send some metal into the melons of your enemies. Final results will be tallied after the event ends on June 27th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST so stay tuned to find out if the Community has completed its task!

For event details and prizes please see: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/267385-community-event-headhunter/

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/272921-community-event-snipe-city/

Phew, 4,000,000 headshots was quite the goal, but you’ve all achieved it with flying colors (mostly red). For this week’s challenge, we’re staying in the same general theme, but narrowing things down a bit. Welcome to Snipe City!

What’s the Challenge?

We spent the whole last week getting you ready with those headshots, now we want to see our community earn a collective 400,000 kills using Sniper Rifles! The M24 and Kar98, specifically. You don’t have to hit them in the head, as long as they’re not moving by the time you hear the satisfying metal clank of that bolt-action sliding back.

How to participate?

Everyone who plays at least one round during the event period (and earns at least 1 BP) will be eligible for the prize, should the community complete the task.

What’s the prize?

Every eligible participant will receive Bloody Tank Top, Padded Jacket and 2 Militia Crates!

You can track the community’s progression of the event goal with posts on July 6 and July 9, with the final results revealed on July 11.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/274336-community-event-snipe-city-progression/

Everyone may not be living by the one shot, one kill mantra, but dead is dead and we have 342,773 bodies of the 400,000 goal to prove it!

With just 2 days remaining to earn the Community prize, now’s the time to hop in and point blank quick scope some hot droppers. Final results will be tallied after the event ends on July 11th 00:00 AM PDT / 09:00 AM CEST so stay tuned to find out if the Community has completed its task!

For our 1st Community Event - Headhunter, the prizes will be given on Wednesday 11th July. Sorry for the delay.

For event details and prizes please see:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/275766-community-event-snipe-city-result/

Aww yeah, Snipe City, population YOU. Well, unless you count everyone else who helped and the 476,048 bodies your sniper havoc left behind. Regardless, you have completed your task! Congratulations, Xbox Community!

Prizes for the first community event have been distributed and we’ll be sending out this week’s prizes on or around July 18th. A big thank you to everyone who participated in Snipe City! If you missed out or are just eager for more, stay tuned for details on the next challenge!

Thanks,
PUBG Xbox Team

Top Bottom