• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Tovarisc

No thats extremely realistic. In real life you should aim where the armor isnt.

In real life you would get life kicked out of you if you took 7.62 or even just 9mm to vest and it didn't penetrate the vest. Force of the hit would knock you down.

do dickshots do extra damage?

Hold on there, Satan. You never shoot man to the dick, never.

Edit: This patch so broken as fuck, servers keep freezing up

Jibbed

YES! This game is so fucking tense, I love it.

xwaw7YB.jpg

Ok to hell with these vehicles. Jump out of car to take cover in grass in prone = death by fall damage. Drive over small hump on Bike = death by fall damage. Not touching those again.

Burt

That Chapter in WWZ Where The Crashed Pilot Walks By A Kitted Out SUV With A Shiny Magnum on The Dash But It's Stuck In A Bog And She Has To Fight Herself To Not Go For It Because It's About What You Need Not What You Want: The Game

damn you, drop crates

even though I got an m249 out of one the round before and it was glorious

Twookie

the best way to get kills is to just wait until you get auto-ejected from the plane and then kill all the AFK people that land where you land
charm_laugh.gif

drotahorror

Meh, 2 games in a row where I die to someone just waiting for me to come out a door. All the while I'm creeping around, know someone is around but can't hear them. 2 games in a row where I don't even see who killed me or where they were. Really tired of it.

Custom game looks cool, if that's even a real screenshot. A shotgun match would be fun.

RS4-

Got a squad win a few mins ago, was so annoying because my PTT wouldn't work at all. Even with rebinding multiple times.

Was last man standing in the squad, had to kill 3 dudes who didn't know where I was despite being less than 10 ft from me lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You don't think that's awesome? I love the fact that it can.

No. Both this and the shoe stuff being intended is rather weird gameplay affecting decisions that make no sense gameplay wise putting the game further towards arcade and less towards simulation, a line which by the way the game was walking perfectly fine but for some reason they decided to add things like the pan being a shield eating everything, even AWM rounds when a damn .45 absolutely shreds a frying pan through and through.

If anything it would fit a custom server, not the public ranking.

Adding more weird stuff and luck/RNG based items is not the way to go IMO.

They've done a lot of good stuff with this patch, but those two things alone is pretty dumb.

Bossniak

No. Both this and the shoe stuff being intended is rather weird gameplay affecting decisions that make no sense gameplay wise putting the game further towards arcade and less towards simulation, a line which by the way the game was walking perfectly fine but for some reason they decided to add things like the pan being a shield eating everything, even AWM rounds when a damn .45 absolutely shreds a frying pan through and through.

Don't be an ass man! Aim higher!

I think it's glorious

arimanius

They've done a lot of good stuff with this patch, but those two things alone is pretty dumb.

I didn't realize there was a shoe thing. I'm guessing certain shows make you quieter?

The pan thing I didn't really mind since it only covers the ass and to me and I thought it was semi realistic however I agree that it shouldn't eat everything. Certain calibers should go right through it. But I also don't know much about guns in real life so I will bow to people who are experts. I would like a more realastic game as possible

What's the shoes thing?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I didn't realize there was a shoe thing. I'm guessing certain shows make you quieter?

The pan thing I didn't really mind since it only covers the ass and to me and I thought it was semi realistic however I agree that it shouldn't eat everything. Certain calibers should go right through it. But I also don't know much about guns in real life so I will bow to people who are experts. I would like a more realastic game as possible

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/bullet-vs-frying-pan/

https://youtu.be/qm6EMuPuSek?t=58s

And yes, they purposefully made feet cosmetic items change the volume of your walking.

If the pan ricochet'd low calibers at angles, sure, but it fully stopping anything above a 9mm is ridiculous.

Kadin

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/bullet-vs-frying-pan/

https://youtu.be/qm6EMuPuSek?t=58s

And yes, they purposefully made feet cosmetic items change the volume of your walking.

If the pan ricochet'd low calibers at angles, sure, but it fully stopping anything above a 9mm is ridiculous.
You don't think different shoes should make different sound or am I reading this wrong? As far as from a simulation perspective, heavy work boots versus lightweight shoes should most certainly sound different especially on wooden floors like many of the buildings have.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We can have the new mask in the crate ?
26BROxWn8plPKXFVC.gif

Not seen anyone get it

Is there any benefit to wearing shoes then?

You don't think different shoes should make different sound or am I reading this wrong? As far as from a simulation perspective, heavy work boots versus lightweight shoes should most certainly sound different especially on wooden floors like many of the buildings have.

What I'm saying is that currently, and as intended by the dev team, using shoes make you LOUDER than going barefoot. Hence making any form of cosmetic feet items trash.

And from a gameplay perspective making cosmetics affect gameplay and audio as important as it is, is quite baffling to me.

Kadin

What I'm saying is that currently, and as intended by the dev team, using shoes make you LOUDER than going barefoot. Hence making any form of cosmetic feet items trash.

And from a gameplay perspective making cosmetics affect gameplay and audio as important as it is, is quite baffling to me.
I guess I see it from a different pov. It seems to me that many people want this game to be very realistic and behave as it would in a real world setting and while I agree it would visually be unappealing to see everyone walking with bare feet, it would be lighter sounding than having shoes on.

Then again, you might injure your feet in this method so maybe it's okay for them to sidestep this specific realism aspect...

Tecnniqe

Banned
I guess I see it from a different pov. It seems to me that many people want this game to be very realistic and behave as it would in a real world setting and while I agree it would visually be unappealing to see everyone walking with bare feet, it would be lighter sounding than having shoes on.

Then again, you might injure your feet in this method so maybe it's okay for them to sidestep this realism aspect...

Its a thing that adds nothing but detracts from the game, essentially making every foot item useless. Cosmetics shouldn't affect volume or any stats for that matter, that's taking it too far.

the face mask? I just found one on the ground

"Can we find the mask in the crate?"

Then again, you might injure your feet in this method so maybe it's okay for them to sidestep this specific realism aspect...

If they're going the realism angle there should probably be a speed trade off for not wearing shoes, though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
If they're going the realism angle there should probably be a speed trade off for not wearing shoes, though.
And not have pans soak every bullet known to man. There is a fine balance to be struck, which they had but seem to go away with and more towards arcade style.
Yeah I looted one last night on the test server.
Note I never said it isn't to be found IN the servers (used one myself), I said I've not seen anyone find them in the crate/cosmetic boxes as the question asked.

Kadin

Yeah I'd agree that this would be an acceptable trade off for going barefoot. I'll change my thoughts on this and say, if there's no disadvantage to going with no shoes, then I'd agree with everyone that this one aspect probably needs to be changed to all shoes sounding the same (and even without shoes).

proto

the best way to get kills is to just wait until you get auto-ejected from the plane and then kill all the AFK people that land where you land
charm_laugh.gif

I can't wait to try this when I get home haha.

On an unrelated note:Has anyone tried the game with both 7.1 surround sound and stereo headphones? I've been playing with stereo ones and it's pretty difficult to pinpoint gunshots.

From what I understand not having surround sound puts you at a disadvantage but I want to know how much of a disadvantage it really is.

Top Bottom