• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Bread

Banned
...?

I mean, if you want to consider it like that, fine. If you think I shouldn't have run to cover because it would be "camping"... sure man. I camped. Whatever lol
Camping isn't the worst thing in the world, I'm just pointing it out because you seemed so offended by his accusation.

shiyrley

Banned
Camping isn't the worst thing in the world, I'm just pointing it out because you seemed so offended by his accusation.
How am I offended when I stated that I don't consider camping bad? More like I found it funny that he assumed I was camping just because I took cover.

If I know he's waiting for me to come out, and I hesitate to come out because I know that, I don't consider I'm camping. That's all I meant.

But even if I was camping, that would be fine because it's a logical thing to do in this game in some scenarios.

Grassy

Just had my highest kill game with 11 kills, but pushed too hard at the end so no chicken dinner. Gotta love the sound of the suppressed M24: https://streamable.com/dq2mt

I know there's no real sick kills or anything, I'm just starting to learn how to use DaVinci Resolve to edit and combine the ~200GB of PUBG video clips I have...

BigDes

So apparently me using my down squad mate as bait and then chucking in a grenade when the other squad all move in to loot his corpse makes me a bad person.

abracadaver

Saw my first cheater yesterday. He was moving twice as fast as everyone else.

At first I thought it must have been lag or something but after a while I saw him again running 200 meters in just a few seconds.

Vipu

Banned
Just had my highest kill game with 11 kills, but pushed too hard at the end so no chicken dinner. Gotta love the sound of the suppressed M24: https://streamable.com/dq2mt

I know there's no real sick kills or anything, I'm just starting to learn how to use DaVinci Resolve to edit and combine the ~200GB of PUBG video clips I have...

But silenced MK14 tho, sounds like some star wars lasergun with more punch.

jeffc919

Damn cheaters to hell. Just give me a geofence. Please let me only play NA players.

Season 5 is going to be just as much of a joke as season 4 if they don't get this under control.

edit - yup, somebody on reddit took a screenshot of the NA solo leaderboard and it's just a wall of Chinese cheaters. Pathetic.

rugioh

Banned
I can watch a stream here at work but I don't know any.of the good ones.any suggestions?

chocoTaco/mad_ruski/tsm_viss/aculite

shroud fucks around too much to gain anything worthwhile from it if you're trying to learn stuff.

While the cheating is problematic I do find it somewhat amusing that the TPP boards are the ones getting hammered the most. If you ever needed a reason to transition to FPP, now is the time.

MrTexor

Someone already posted that the main menu is just a html page.

Well, now some bad news. The main menu is vulnerable to hacking:
https://medium.com/@fsufitch/player...in-menu-is-vulnerable-to-hacking-d483b00a7036

If anyone sees anything that shouldnt be there dont trust it. like for example, if it tells you to input your Steam account/password. dont do it!

from the article:
What is the actual danger to players? For a hacker to take advantage of this vulnerability, they need to either have malware already on your computer (in which case you have bigger problems) or they need to be a “middle-man” in between you and PUBG. That means that, if you are doing any of these things, you are at risk:

- Playing via a public unsecured wireless connection (e.g. at a Starbucks)
- Playing using a wired or wireless network set up by someone whose quality of IT you might not trust (e.g. a university network, or Xfinity)
- Playing via any wireless network, given the recent revelations about WiFi security

Jamesbonz

Neo Member
FINALLY, after 250 hours, I managed to eat.

Acw49EF.jpg

I wasn't even trying, maybe that was the key. I had a friend talking to me so I'd just hole up in random places in or near the circle then turn back to her for a bit. When she noticed there were 14 people left (she plays as well) she told me to get back into it. Every time I wanted to Rambo it up after seeing someone she told me to calm down and wait.

Thank you, unexpected PUBG coach.

Plasmid

I wasn't even trying, maybe that was the key. I had a friend talking to me so I'd just hole up in random places in or near the circle then turn back to her for a bit. When she noticed there were 14 people left (she plays as well) she told me to get back into it. Every time I wanted to Rambo it up after seeing someone she told me to calm down and wait.

The games you win are the games you don't take as seriously i've found.

Mr Swine

Banned
I really don’t get this game sometimes. I die to headshots despite having a lvl 3 helmet while the enemy has a lvl 1 helmet. We have the same or similar weapons and do headshots. I guess my aim is shitty?

Bread

Banned

the gun decoration was the key

Yes, I am. Here, just have my profile and see if you like it. Extract to PUBG/TslGame/Binaries/Win64
https://puu.sh/y2nmT/2df8966fe1.zip
I have a 1070 and reshade makes me lose like 2 FPS.

The combo I set to enable/disable it is shift + * I think. Well, that's on my Spanish keyboard. I think you enter the config with shift + F2, but it should tell you when booting up.

You may need to edit the paths in dxgi.ini if you don't have the game installed in the default directory in the C drive like I do.

Thanks! My default install is in the C drive & bringing up the overlay is shift + F2, but how exactly do I turn things on/off? Never used reshade before lol.

EDIT: Welp, quoting you just completely fucked up

shiyrley

Banned
Thanks! My default install is in the C drive & bringing up the overlay is shift + F2, but how exactly do I turn things on/off? Never used reshade before lol.
The combo to enable/disable it is actually control + * on my Spanish keyboard (sorry, I said it wrong the first time :p)

I THINK the equivalent to "*" in an American keyboard would be "}". So try control + }.

In any case, you can use the overlay to set up any key combo you want.

Enjoy!

The combo to enable/disable it is actually control + * on my Spanish keyboard (sorry, I said it wrong the first time :p)

I THINK the equivalent to "*" in an American keyboard would be "}". So try control + }.

Enjoy!

Gotcha, appreciate it! It's insane how pretty this game can look. It's a blurry mess without Reshade I feel.

Enjoy!

I will say though, on a 970/i5 4690k the fps does drop significantly for me. Had 70-80 in most areas, with Reshade it drops to 50-60. Although it does make the game easier to look at.

Heysoos

The constant Asian hackers ruining games is just killing the game for me. It's not even a rare occurrence either, it's almost literally every other game.

The games you win are the games you don't take as seriously i've found.

There is some truth to that. I told my buddy last night I just wanted to fuck around and would honestly be bummed if we made it to the top ten.

We ended up winning two matches in a row. Lol.

Plasmid

There is some truth to that. I told my buddy last night I just wanted to fuck around and would honestly be bummed if we made it to the top ten.

We ended up winning two matches in a row. Lol.

I played an AS solo game while my wife was watching me play. The entire time I just ran around, did motorcycle flips, running up on people etc just trying to die until I got to top 10. When it was 1v1 I got the circle and he just suicides via grenade.

But the solo games where I'm super focused etc are usually losses. Such is PUBG.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My friend and I won 5 games today, easily the most fun I've had I've had in a very long time. To put it in perspective we've never won more than one game in an evening.

Vipu

Banned
Its sad to see Gaf dead BUT there will be new better forum ResetEra soon, hope to see you all there.
There is also ResetEra discord and twitter to see all the latest news about new gaf.

Top Bottom