• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Prat

What happened to this thread? It was super active a couple of weeks ago and now its a freaking desert.

Is the another thread for the official release?

prag16

Banned
Anybody playing this lately? Got on for the first time in a few weeks last night. Did FPP and got the newer desert map all four matches. Wtf. Wanted to play the original one at least once... lol rage quit after my last match. I made it to the top 10 with an awesome loadout and then like a moron I died outside the circle because I accidentally moved during First Aid thus canceling the action and I didn't have enough time to do it over. -_-

Still chicken dinnerless after around 15 hours solo play.

Last edited:

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Anybody playing this lately? Got on for the first time in a few weeks last night. Did FPP and got the newer desert map all four matches. Wtf. Wanted to play the original one at least once... lol rage quit after my last match. I made it to the top 10 with an awesome loadout and then like a moron I died outside the circle because I accidentally moved during First Aid thus canceling the action and I didn't have enough time to do it over. -_-

Still chicken dinnerless after around 15 hours solo play.
The desert map seems to have a higher chance at being picked over the island. It seems to do it to me and all of my friends that play with me online. Of course a 50/50 chance means you could get it all the time.

As far as no chicken dinner at 15 hours. LOL! Took me 150 hours. Lots of squad and duo dinners and a crapload of 2nd places before then. I suck though, so you may get yours sooner.

(As an aside, I read that 1 in every 6,000 first time players win a dinner their first time playing.)

prag16

Banned
(As an aside, I read that 1 in every 6,000 first time players win a dinner their first time playing.)
What?? How? o_O

And eh, I suck too. Best finish is 3rd, with a few other top 10s, but a couple of them were very weak top 10s where I had very few encounters and ended up in the top 10 with horrible gear and almost no shot.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
What?? How? o_O

And eh, I suck too. Best finish is 3rd, with a few other top 10s, but a couple of them were very weak top 10s where I had very few encounters and ended up in the top 10 with horrible gear and almost no shot.

Easy. Luck with the Zone. I won my first duo game without firing a shot. Never had to move out of my original landing spot. We stayed inside the white zone the entire match. 35 minutes of staring st a door. lol

prag16

Banned
Easy. Luck with the Zone. I won my first duo game without firing a shot. Never had to move out of my original landing spot. We stayed inside the white zone the entire match. 35 minutes of staring st a door. lol
Ha, surprised nobody else made it into the final circle? Seems unlikely. Definitely lucky!

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Ha, surprised nobody else made it into the final circle? Seems unlikely. Definitely lucky!
We can hear two guys running toward our house, shooting at each other while the zone was closing in. The blue zone was cutting halfway through the house. Luckiest of the lucky.

prag16

Banned
I know this thread is basically dead. But god damn. Why the fuck do they have to take the test server down every time the main server is getting maintenance. They never used to do that. Now they always do that.

And they seriously need to take the ENTIRE game down three hours per week? That seems like incredibly poor management. And since when do they do updates/maintenance on a Monday. It's always Wednesdays. And with zero notice (okay five minutes notice today). Seriously. Get your shit together, asshats.

Damn. Guess nobody has been playing PUBG. >.>

Tried out the PP Bizon today and the side scope as well as the night mode on Vikendi. Pretty good..

Ellis

Just heard about the Lite version of PUBG that released a couple of months back.

Is this worth trying if I want something more in tune with the normal PC version and not its mobile counterpart ?

Robinho

Banned

Merhaba arkadaşlar lütfen kanalıma abone olun, videoyu beğendiyseniz ve bildirimleri açarsanız çok teşekkür ederim, lütfen desteğinizi bizden esirgemeyin.

BBG

Neo Member
New update comes to consoles today, I'm so excited! Does anybody here still play PUBG on console? I play pretty religiously so I'm always down to run ranked with GWT (guys with thumbs)

Last edited:
New update comes to consoles today, I'm so excited! Does anybody here still play PUBG on console? I play pretty religiously so I'm always down to run ranked with GWT (guys with thumbs)
what is good about the new update. I occasionally try to play PUBG again but when you compare how smooth warzone is to this its hard to go back. Though I do think PUBG is the better BR game due to how the loot works, just it still feels janky

BBG

Neo Member
what is good about the new update. I occasionally try to play PUBG again but when you compare how smooth warzone is to this its hard to go back. Though I do think PUBG is the better BR game due to how the loot works, just it still feels janky
When's the last time you played it? It was janky as hell for like the first 2 years on console: trash frame rate, ridiculous mechanics, shitty graphics, etc. But it's been overhauled A LOT since then. It still doesn't run quite as fluid as CoD, but then again I don't want my tactical survival BR to move at that pace any way. Like, more fluidity is fine but not at CoD pace if that makes sense.

As for the update, they reworked Miramar to where it's actually not horrendous to play anymore, the map Deston is back in ranked, the Aston Martin crafter pass is now available, giving you a chance to get both an Aston Martin SUV as well as their coupe. They added a map to the arcade, changed intense battle Royale to FPP instead of TPP, fixed a bunch of glitches, updated the UI a bit, I mean this was a really good update imo. I never buy season passes but when I saw that Aston Martin vehicle duo i knew it was time for them to take my money 🤦🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom