• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds release on Xbox One and PS4

pr0guchi

Neo Member
performance is a lot better than in the past.
but still a joke for a official release. truth to be told they wanted to release the battlepass imo

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
PUBG had a good run but with Blackout and Firestorm looming on the horizon, all these patches are too little too late.

Stuart360

So instead of optimizing the code, they are just going to lower graphic settings?. Its pretty ridiculous that the BR mode in Blops 4 runs at 60fps while looking better.

ILLtown

I think the way this game has been handled on Xbox One has been awful, but I suspect it's the result of MS chucking money at the developer to get a version out ASAP back in late 2017.

Memnoch

So I fired this up after the cod beta ending due to the br itch, but I still can't play pubg on the X. It's so clunky. Movement and weapon handling is just so lacking next to the polish of cod. I'm hoping they further refine pubg so it's just smoother to play. I'll check back after the next patch.

several years after release and they still can't fix the netcode

will not be surprised to see this slowly die now that there are several better options out there

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I saw a Xbox PUBG commercial on TV, it was all live action, no gameplay. It was LoL worthy, I'm not sure why they bothered.

Calibos

The game is running way more stable than it was a few months back, and I have been a regular defender of how much fun it is to play...But even I am getting tired of the slow development, backwards progress and lack of urgency from the PubG teams at all.

With that said, a downgrade for better performance or even a downgrade to "H1Z1" level graphics for a framerate close to 60 would be very welcomed. They don't have much time though...I have 25 days in this game, but will be moving on in a few weeks for greener pastures and better performance.

NickFire

The game is running way more stable than it was a few months back, and I have been a regular defender of how much fun it is to play...But even I am getting tired of the slow development, backwards progress and lack of urgency from the PubG teams at all.

With that said, a downgrade for better performance or even a downgrade to "H1Z1" level graphics for a framerate close to 60 would be very welcomed. They don't have much time though...I have 25 days in this game, but will be moving on in a few weeks for greener pastures and better performance.
I think they will continue to do well and then remain fine for a while longer on player count, but at this point I think the writing is on the wall that their time to shine has passed. Full disclosure - PS4 only player, but that said I've been wishing to try the game for many months. At this point, I have stopped caring at all and if it launched tonight I wouldn't shell out any money to buy it just because of the next couple months being stacked with options. Fortnite still holds up, RDR2 is on the horizon (different yes, but I'm convinced it will be drawing interest from all genres for a bit) and hot damn everything I've read about Duty has given me high expectations for its foray into the genre. People sometimes take this as some sort of personal attack against MS (who I think is on a better track than Sony), but whatever deal they made to keep it off PS4 to date is going to be the death of that game whether it helped propel it forward or not (which I assume it has). Just way too much time given to better equipped devs to sneak in and canalize the market while also propping up the market's expectations, and I think Duty is about to step toe to toe with Fortnite and render Pubg to tier two status.

Foxbat

Banned
I think they will continue to do well and then remain fine for a while longer on player count, but at this point I think the writing is on the wall that their time to shine has passed. Full disclosure - PS4 only player, but that said I've been wishing to try the game for many months. At this point, I have stopped caring at all and if it launched tonight I wouldn't shell out any money to buy it just because of the next couple months being stacked with options. Fortnite still holds up, RDR2 is on the horizon (different yes, but I'm convinced it will be drawing interest from all genres for a bit) and hot damn everything I've read about Duty has given me high expectations for its foray into the genre. People sometimes take this as some sort of personal attack against MS (who I think is on a better track than Sony), but whatever deal they made to keep it off PS4 to date is going to be the death of that game whether it helped propel it forward or not (which I assume it has). Just way too much time given to better equipped devs to sneak in and canalize the market while also propping up the market's expectations, and I think Duty is about to step toe to toe with Fortnite and render Pubg to tier two status.

I've pretty much played all the BR games, and honestly... None really hold up against PUBG.

Fortnite is a fun pickup game, but no matter how much they update the map, it's still the same. The tactics are really different as well.

H1Z1 really just feels outdated. It's okay, but doesn't really standout. It just doesn't do anything really well. It's kinda just passable as a BR game.

Duty looks really interesting, but the lower player count, first person only, and map I feel my make it different, but no really better than PUBG. The first person perspective only I thinks hurts it a bit, as it took no time at all before I was constantly sliding and jumping while doing 360's in order to get around. There's very little creep and stealth there.

PUBG blends the tactics and realism aspect just right. That's the bread and butter of that game. It's got the ballistics and realism that none of the others have. It helps to have perspective options as well. BR games require you to keep your eyes peeled at all times. More so than any other type of game. Third person perspective really helps with that.

I think Blackout will fit nicely between Fortnite and PUBG while not devastating either one.

NickFire

I've pretty much played all the BR games, and honestly... None really hold up against PUBG.

Fortnite is a fun pickup game, but no matter how much they update the map, it's still the same. The tactics are really different as well.

H1Z1 really just feels outdated. It's okay, but doesn't really standout. It just doesn't do anything really well. It's kinda just passable as a BR game.

Duty looks really interesting, but the lower player count, first person only, and map I feel my make it different, but no really better than PUBG. The first person perspective only I thinks hurts it a bit, as it took no time at all before I was constantly sliding and jumping while doing 360's in order to get around. There's very little creep and stealth there.

PUBG blends the tactics and realism aspect just right. That's the bread and butter of that game. It's got the ballistics and realism that none of the others have. It helps to have perspective options as well. BR games require you to keep your eyes peeled at all times. More so than any other type of game. Third person perspective really helps with that.

I think Blackout will fit nicely between Fortnite and PUBG while not devastating either one.
Well you’ve sold me on at least trying a demo if I ever get the chance. I still think duty and fortnite will be tough to stay up with, but if people who played all three say there’s enough differences I cannot say you’re wrong.

Top Bottom