• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playism teasing some sort of Astro boy game? Suda 51, Akira Yamaoka, others credited

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll trade you my undying love forever. :3

Seriously the released track is dope af.

Yeah, I'm in love with it. The whole soundtrack is fantastic. Glad everyone else is enjoying the music as well. :D

Tizoc

Not long now, everyone! Pretty soon I'll be able to field any (and I do mean damn near any) questions you might have. :)

CAN I PLAY AS BLACK JACK AND SUMMON PROSTHETIC ARMS FROM HIS CAPE TO DISTRACT AND PROCEED TO THROW SCALPELS AT THUGS?!?!1
Bh406X6.png

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm hoping an RPG where you can get tezuka characters as your party members. Their different reiterations can be a different class/job system!
I wish... it's probably a fighter of some sort. I really want to be wrong.

Will be following with interest. Big Astro Boy fan.

Loving the music on the website. That much I'm clear on.

So, a Japanese gacha mobage then? I kid, I kid.
:( I'd still play it... but man, I've already had my fill of those sorts of games.

Tizoc

The instant i saw the list of artists it hit me that this'd likely be a card game of sorts
Wouldve pref match 3 personally as that is my crack xp

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
... Yeah, I'm out.

Still looking forward to the new Astro Boy anime in 2017, at least.
Sorry to hear that.

If you have a chance, please be sure to check out the demo.

My goodness, how incredibly, incredibly random. I'm in on principle because I love Tezuka and I love CCGs. The array of talent they've got on board is impressive to say the least. My one observation at the outset is that for a Tezuka universe game, the whole interface, the game board, and the art are all way too dark and uninviting. I just don't see anything about the tone that says "Tezuka". Too grimdark and serious...part of the appeal of Tezuka to me is that he maintained this fantastic old school cartooning style through so many different genres and in works that were often really disturbing and wild. I've always found it such a satisfying juxtaposition. The art style they've chosen is just an unfortunate misstep to me. That said, I'm going to try the demo later today and I'll write up some impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom