• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation’s 3.50 system software update out tomorrow

TacosNSalsa

OMG!! You can remove people from that highly obnoxious "players you may know" thing ...That shit has always bothered me .

I hope they don't just fill it up with a whole new set of people

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'm not keen on the red circle with an X to show you've set it to 'appear offline'. Couldn't they have made that more subtle? I'm grateful for the feature though.

Melchiah

Getting close to my ISP's download speeds has been a dream come true.

Just checked, and damn, according to the network test it increased considerably. Before the update I used to get 60-70Mbps on my 100Mbps wired connection.

bGwHaxRl.jpg

I'll have to see next week how it's in practise, when the Destiny update comes.

EDIT: The text at the bottom has changed. It used to be "Connection speeds are estimates only."

Melchiah

I dunno I just know I am paying for 100mbs down and was usually getting 30mbs down on the PS4 and now when I run the speed test on the PS4 I am getting 140mbs down. The highest I get on my wired laptop is 160-180 down.

How is it possible to go over what you pay for?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Go into the players you may know thingy and press options over a name and remove from list .It hasn't returned in 20 mins! May seem small to most people but it's nice to see this shit anymore

Yeah, I've just found it. Only one at a time though ... damn.

Remote Play in the same LAN seems to be capped at ~5 Mbps in 720p60. :\ PS TV goes up to ~10 Mbps.

Also, connecting your DS4 controller via USB to your PC is required. Why the hell can't I have it connected to my PS4 wirelessly?

Go into the players you may know thingy and press options over a name and remove from list .It hasn't returned in 20 mins! May seem small to most people but it's nice to see this shit anymore
Huge news for me as well, the wife would always question who the females in the pictures was and I honestly had no idea who they were but there pics would always be all up on my PS4's user interface section. I am glad we can finally remove people from there.

SnowHawk

Just checked, and damn, according to the network test it increased considerably. Before the update I used to get 60-70Mbps on my 100Mbps wired connection.

bGwHaxRl.jpg

I'll have to see next week how it's in practise, when the Destiny update comes.

EDIT: The text at the bottom has changed. It used to be "Connection speeds are estimates only."

It still says speeds are estimates.

Planet

Just checked, and damn, according to the network test it increased considerably.
That's just natural. When Sony switched the network to 3.50 required, millions of PS4s were instantly disconnected. Many of these haven't installed the update yet, so the network is just much less crowded for a very short while. It will become the same as before in a matter of minutes to hours.

Melchiah

That's just natural. When Sony switched the network to 3.50 required, Millions of PS4s were instantly disconnected. Many of these haven't installed the update yet, so the network is just much less crowded for a very short while. It will become the same as before in a matter of minutes to hours.

In that case, I'll do another network test in the evening, and see how it is then.

EDIT: I've also tested the connection after the previous updates, and it's never gone above ~75Mbps before.

neoism

9c0.jpg

updated.....

awesome connection test is wat i pay for ��
its downloading 2.2 in 15 flat the new fallout 4 update.... not bad. i wonder if rest mode downloading is better??

TacosNSalsa

I don't understand. Why is appearing offline such a big thing?
Sometimes you just want to play your games by yourself without being bombarded with party and game invites. I realized there are people who CANNOT play a game by themselves with out being in a party with others. I don't want to be offensive to them or anything so this is he best option

neoism

wooow the store is reallly fast now i dont have the updated look though.. i went to dl the psn+ games and those pages looked the same...��

Bishop89

finally available in aus.

Edit: i dont know if the download speed is faster, but I downloaded the 300mb update in a minute, which i believe is a new record for psn *thumbs up*

Samus4145

Sometimes you just want to play your games by yourself without being bombarded with party and game invites. I realized there are people who CANNOT play a game by themselves with out being in a party with others. I don't want to be offensive to them or anything so this is he best option

Understandable, but couldn't people that didn't want to be bothered just turn off notifications?

TacosNSalsa

Understandable, but couldn't people that didn't want to be bothered just turn off notifications?

Some legit don't understand why someone would own a PS4 without talking to other people. It would be okay if it told them that my notifications were off and I wouldn't see the message but it doesn't and some of them think I'm just straight up ignoring them. It's not that I don't like em or anything just sometimes I wanna play something like Dark Souls and still interact with the online world without being in a party chatting all the time. You'd be surprised how many people don't uderstand that

Tainted

It seems the rest mode download/install updates just flat out doesnt work. Had all the options set to do it...but it only decided to recognise there was an update and start downloading it after booting it up from rest :/

MaKTaiL

For those saying the better speeds are temporary: it's not. I've been using the beta since it came out and my download speeds are always on max.

Top Bottom