• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 3 Firmware 2.35 Up!

Gbeav

Banned
This downloaded so fast maybe Sony has learned how to actually patch without downloading the full firmware. About 45 seconds.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gbeav said:
This downloaded so fast maybe Sony has learned how to actually patch without downloading the full firmware. About 45 seconds.

It's been like that for a while now.

androvsky

DMPrince said:
Please be something to do with Suikoden coming to ps3 this thursday

I think PS1 emulator updates are usually hidden under "Improves compatibility with Playstation Network titles" or something like that, at least for the PSP anyway.

Would be awesome if true though, and go nicely with Konami's Gamer's Day.

tribal24

Banned
looks to be nothing huge since all the big firmware require you to update to sign in, im updating and still signed in so meh-_-

Crisis

Banned
methane47 said:
change log please thanx bye

Sure.

Sony PLAYSTATION 3 Firmware 2.35 Firmware Change Log

- Lets you log into the PlayStation Network without that annoying ass "A system update is required. To perform system update go to Settings > System Update in the XMB." message popping up.

androvsky

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if these mystery firmware updates were for the Home beta. I've heard that has some serious stability problems, and I'm sure Sony would be loathe to admit they're making everyone update for the benefit of a few beta testers. Any other game they'd probably mention it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I really hope people are right about 2.4 being in game xmb:D . I know that doesn't have much to do with this, but I saw it stated in this thread, and until now I didn't hear that rumor (all I heard was trophies). This coming right in time for MGS!

Truespeed

Crisis said:
It took like five minutes for me. It JUMPED from 35% to resetting itself. :lol

Interesting. It looks like Sony might have stolen proprietary progress bar algorithm technology from Microsoft.

jonabbey

Whenever Sony launches an unheralded update which 'improves stability', I always read that as 'fixes a security hole that we found, please update your system and don't ask annoying questions.'

Truespeed

M3wThr33 said:
And now cue 2 hours of people finding shit out that's been in there since launch.

That's so true. Although, I always love it when people discover the Earth Visualizer for the first time and then proceed to create a new message thread to announce their discovery to the world.

Jaeyden

Five minutes and the ordeal is over. Thanks for the continued support Sony. Now...off to play Warhawk or GTAIV? ...hmm.

Teknoman

Well I still havent had any problems with any game except for VF5 not wanting to load once or twice recently...and i've got a 60GB. Was the GTAIV problem really tied to the system itself?

Steroyd

Hope Everybody's Golf is one of these titles the slowdown can be rough sometimes and I get mad connection issues from time to time.

koam said:
It better NOT be a gta fix. Serves early adopters right! 40gbers unite!
Strange but true, my 60GB unit has played GTAIV flawlessly since it came out (other than not being able to join MP games for the first day or two, which was a Gamespy server issue I think).

Top Bottom