• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYSTATION 3 Firmware Version 2.36 is up!

yep

A new PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (v2.36) will be launching soon, improving system stability when playing select PlayStation format software titles. We’re also happy to officially report that the 2.40 system software update for PS3 will include “XMB” access in-game. The update will also include “trophies,” an exciting new feature that we’ll be providing more details on soon, as well as some other new enhancements. We’ve talked about some of this on the blog previously and know that many of you can’t wait to get your hands on these features. You can expect us to share all of the official details shortly.

Jtrizzy

PSBlog said:
A new PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (v2.36) will be launching soon, improving system stability when playing select PlayStation format software titles. We’re also happy to officially report that the 2.40 system software update for PS3 will include “XMB” access in-game. The update will also include “trophies,” an exciting new feature that we’ll be providing more details on soon, as well as some other new enhancements. We’ve talked about some of this on the blog previously and know that many of you can’t wait to get your hands on these features. You can expect us to share all of the official details shortly.

No this isnt the big one. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/17/firmware-v236-coming-soon-v240-to-include-trophies-in-game-xmb/

EDIT: :(

for those that have not seen it yet

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ng-soon-v240-to-include-trophies-in-game-xmb/

+ Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

edit: to slow :(

Teknoman

MGS4 replaythroughs are going to have even more weight now with the trophies...at least I hope. Every PS3 game should be updated with trophies...even if for multiplatform games its the same as the past 360 achievements.

jmd494

if i wait till 2.4, will I need to update twice? Or can I skip the 2.36 update? I'd rather not risk a firmware crash twice.

Justin Dailey said:
if i wait till 2.4, will I need to update twice? Or can I skip the 2.36 update? I'd rather not risk a firmware crash twice.
you can skip, but you wont be able to use PSN or the store until you update

Kittonwy

Banned
Wherez my in-game xmb?
angry.gif

Wut does 2.36 do?
Indifferent2.gif

so_awes said:
i just read the OP and i'm pretty sure 2.36 gives you in game XMB and HD-DVD support.

Incorrect, Sony is just confirming in game XMB in 2.4.

Will this one stop my half-life 2 from freezing? Probably not (stupid EA).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Actually if I'm not mistaken upgrades in the .01 do not prevent you from logging on PSN if you choose not to update.

Could be wrong though.

Love people taking the HD-DVD thing seriously. :lol

if any game needs trophies, its mgs4. im planning on getting the SE strat guide to get everything in the game

if this update is all its cracked to be, i can finally drop xbl and not feel like im missing something.

Top Bottom