• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 XMB Art: An Ongoing HD Image Collection

Bioshock Infinite:
pic1a1bvv.png

Mithos

You mean tomb raider underworld theme maybe?

I was mistaken, like I said I though this following was from the XMB art, remembered wrong though (it's from the Trilogy Theme you get with the game).

If it's not XMB art then you should ask in this thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369866

If you can post a link to the theme or something similar then the guys in that thread can probably help you track it down.

Yeah I'll do that.

Where is all the Ni No Kuni Love?
In the index post directly above yours ;)

If you're wondering whether a specific image has been posted then you can look that game (e.g. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch) up in the index where the game name is a link that will take you straight to the post containing the XMB image. Whenever the index is reposted it is updated to include every image posted up to that point.

There have been an absolutely ridiculous (and awesome!) number of images posted, but hopefully the index helps you find the specific ones you're after.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes:
testshjkz7e.png

Also Woxxi kindly pointed me to an archive of older XMB graphics (more than a GB of images). I'll start uploading those as soon as I get a chance (have been very busy lately), but it's going to be a long-term project...

Index updated:

Stoffinator

The XMB is going to go down in history as the best console UI ever made.
I'm going to miss it :(

I agree. Even tho it seems most hate it, I never understood why.

Anyway, thanks to all those who posted these, I got a huge collection of wallpapers cause of it. :p

The XMB is going to go down in history as the best console UI ever made.
I'm going to miss it :(

Smart, smooth and clean, the XMB was perfect.

Sony kinda junked it up with the Singstar icon but even that couldn't take away that the thing just had a premium feel to it rather than a bunch of images and tiles. I would have prefered to see it staying but unfortunately it's not to be :(

In the index post directly above yours ;)

If you're wondering whether a specific image has been posted then you can look that game (e.g. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch) up in the index where the game name is a link that will take you straight to the post containing the XMB image. Whenever the index is reposted it is updated to include every image posted up to that point.

There have been an absolutely ridiculous (and awesome!) number of images posted, but hopefully the index helps you find the specific ones you're after.

Thanks but I still only see that one basic image for Ni No Kuni

Thanks but I still only see that one basic image for Ni No Kuni

That's all there is. This is the XMB art thread, which isn't art for the XMB, but rather art from the XMB. This is a collection of the images displayed when you highlight the disc icon of each particular game in the XMB.

Each PS3 game disc (and PSN game for that matter) has a 1920 x 1080 PNG image called PIC1.PNG saved in the PS3_GAME folder, and people on CFW PS3s are able to extract those images and then (hopefully) post them here. Quite often it's art that isn't available anywhere else, and as you can see from looking through this thread it's generally awesome :)

There's some more info on extracting the images here.

If you're just looking for game art in general (that's unrelated to the actual game's XMB art), then check out the awesome Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August.

That's all there is. This is the XMB art thread, which isn't art for the XMB, but rather art from the XMB. This is a collection of the images displayed when you highlight the disc icon of each particular game in the XMB.

Each PS3 game disc (and PSN game for that matter) has a 1920 x 1080 PNG image called PIC1.PNG saved in the PS3_GAME folder, and people on CFW PS3s are able to extract those images and then (hopefully) post them here. Quite often it's art that isn't available anywhere else, and as you can see from looking through this thread it's generally awesome :)

There's some more info on extracting the images here.

If you're just looking for game art in general (that's unrelated to the actual game's XMB art), then check out the awesome Video Game Wallpapers, Fan Art & Hi-Res Artwork Thread of Eternal August.

Yeah I was hoping someone had some different Ni No Kuni XMB Wallpapers. Oh well.

Top Bottom