• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 All Access on 11/14 - 11pm EST on Spike + Live Stream

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'd hope a Demon's Souls 2 would be a little more polished than the first. Great, slightly frustrating experience the first time. Personally I can't get past 1-1 on replays. Having experienced the game once already, all the little niggles that naggled my noggin become that much more noticeable.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm kind of afraid that the Demon's Souls kind of game will get played out soon. There's Dark Souls 2 coming and Deep Down already. Demon's Souls 2 seems a bit much so soon. I would much prefer a traditional JRPG or a Dark Cloud 3!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
People at the midnight release will be streaming this on their phones if they really don't want to miss it.

Personally, i'm excited!

I think it's a really good idea, if the store managers have any brains they will have it streaming on some TV's for the people lined up.

Smart move by Sony.

RulkezX

Which one?

He's hinted close to 10 games now. :

I can't say I'd noticed. I just know he reckons that there is a genuine megaton still to come.

Edit : I'd say an Epic exclusive would fit that description , not so much DS2

Where has the Epic rumour come from ?

I'm going to spray vitamins and minerals from every orifice in my body if they announce Demons Souls 2.

MARK MY WORDS!

team-america-puke-o.gif

boinx

Ok, first off let me throw like 19,000 caveats on this that the info is old and am in no way saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!" much like the bf4 res shit that people think proves me wrong... read what i'm saying here.

It's been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the "launch event" even was. But at that time I was told "They are thinking about showing the Demon's Souls spiritual successor" there.

Now many people here have been calling it Demon's Souls 2... it might be. I'm just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I'm just sharing what I've been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don't kill the messenger if i'm wrong.

There's things I'm certain about. This isn't one of them.

First the implication of a new Epic game and now this? Oh man the HYPE is too much. I need to go for a smoke.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
And also, the people in lines are obviously already buying the console. Maybe they are targeting people on the fence. A live event at launch could tap into the hype.

Sony have also promised to have PS4s on shelves for the launch. They'll only be about, what, 1.5 million people lined up altogether in America. Including people in other countries who are interested in the PS brand, that probably leaves 90 million viewers who aren't lined up.

I haven't heard shit about them... Fortnite or anything. They have gone totally silent other than with ue4. I'm guessing that's priority number one and the games will come later.

For a second there I had a mental image of a Legion of Gaffers being torn asunder from the core of their formation.

Don't ask me what a Legion of Gaffers looks like. It's not pretty.

Oh fuck sony aint waiting for vgas

it's the perfect timing if they want to attack xb1 launch, announcing new games 1 day before xb1 launch aren't going to change people minds who are already inline for midnight release. announcing megaton announcement a week before xb1 release give people time to actually reconsider their xb1 purchase and maybe even chaneg to buy PS4 instead.

also, technically the news are 1 day before ps4 launch, so people who like the show the day before launch can go to store the next day and buy PS4, Sony have said that they're reserving some console so people can buy them normally without preorder or lining up for midnight launch.

Wouldn't they have to make Demon's Souls 2 something completely different then the OG game at this point?

Because a Demon's Souls sequel already exists and it was called Dark Souls.

I cant see whatever that game is being just another game like that. I think it will be something that breaks from the Souls formula but still carries on the traditions of being always connected and hard as fuck. I also dont think it will be called Demon's Souls 2.

Xater

Demon's Souls 2 would be amazing. I would also take something from Epic. Those guys have been too silent for a long time.

Bodde

Banned
Hope they will announce something from Santa Monica or Naughty Dog. To top it off a Demon's Souls 2 or The last Guardian announcement would be Megaton!

Make it happen Sony! :)

wapplew

Maybe epic new multiplat game, highly doubt is DS2, is an US launch event
must be something appeal to US audience.
Keep my expectation low, Geoff often over hype things.

I-hate-u

Guesses on what will be announced?

I expect a lot of ports, especially ports of big titles released this year.

1. GTA V
2. The Last Of Us
3. Beyond: Two Souls

Batman (which I feel might be a next gen timed exclusive on PS4) and Bioshock Inifinite will probably get ports as well.

Xater

Maybe epic new multiplat game, highly doubt is DS2, is an US launch event
must be something appeal to US audience.
Keep my expectation low, Geoff often over hype things.

Well Dark Souls 2 got it's reveal at the VGAs, didn't it?

Late reply, but didn't see this answered on the first 2 pages after your question.

Yes, he did tease something (maybe)...

Theory!

Geoff only posts in .gifs because if he actually posted in English he would blow his cover as CBOAT.

His twitter account is maintained by some intern at Spike as to not raise suspicion

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
They're going to announce that the PS4 will release on the 22nd of November in Europe ...

And I don't believe the 5 million sales Sony are predicting for March either. I think it's going to be at least 6 million.

They're going to announce that the PS4 will release on the 22nd of November in Europe ...

And I don't believe the 5 million sales Sony are predicting for March either. I think it's going to be at least 6 million.

I wish :'(

Leave on holidays 2 days before Novemember the 29th, so completely miss the launch, and can't get my PS4 until I get back, 3 weeks later.

Not counting on it though. But just imagine those midnight launches :eek:

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A launch event where new games are announced? Sony is surely doing a great job in the hype department.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I wish :'(

Leave on holidays 2 days before Novemember the 29th, so completely miss the launch, and can't get my PS4 until I get back, 3 weeks later.

Not counting on it though. But just imagine those midnight launches :eek:

It's only a week later and surely the stores and shops will have the shipements in well ahead of time. Sony have already started selling the DualShock 4, Playstation Camera and PS4 games, it's not a stretch to assume they may want to spoil Microsoft's party. I'm not saying it WILL happen but I wouldn't discount it either.

Wouldn't they have to make Demon's Souls 2 something completely different then the OG game at this point?

Because a Demon's Souls sequel already exists and it was called Dark Souls.

I cant see whatever that game is being just another game like that. I think it will be something that breaks from the Souls formula but still carries on the traditions of being always connected and hard as fuck. I also dont think it will be called Demon's Souls 2.
Dark Souls isn't a Demon Souls sequel, it's just a new "Souls" game. Different world and story line.

B.O.O.M

See this is the beauty of having so many of your cards hidden....Sony played it smart

I would like to see something like DS2 get announced..and I'm not even a fan of the franchise. I just love seeing gaf reactions :p

Coxy

I figured they'd do something like this, thought they'd d it in the week between their launch and xbones but this makes sense too

dunno how hyped I should be since I imagine it'll be shooters or something

Top Bottom