• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 firmware Ver.3.0 is currently beta tested

crinale

http://pocketnews.cocolog-nifty.com/pkns/2015/08/ps4300-d2c6.html

I did rough translation.

Lock if old

- "Event" menu is added that allows you to find events related to Playstation, join them and watch them.
- "Community" is added to "friend" menu that allows you to make new community or join existing ones.
- "Now Playing" is added to "friend", "community", "message" and profile screen that allows you to display games members are currently playing. You can request to join their games or
request to broadcast the game.
- "Message" function has been improved that it displays "now playing" and allows you to start party easily. You can add groups to your favorite list
- You can broadcast via Youtube
- You can upload short (10 sec) game clips to twitter.

Also there's a mention about creating sub account for kids, parental controls and such.

Skeff

Ooooh looking forward to finding out more! I am excite.

YouTube broadcasting and upload short clips to Twitter from Google translate, it all seems very social.

Andrefpvs

YOUTUBE BROADCASTING!

You Tube™をつかってブロードキャストができるようになりました。

De-mon

Google translate.

Version 3.00 The main features that are updated in the beta

(Event) has been added to function items. From the list of events related to PlayStation, discover events, and participate, you will be able to watch.
(Friends) in (community) has been added. (Community) is a feature where you can find a player preferences and interest is close. You can create a new community, or you can join the already certain community. It can members and games and parties of the community, you will be able to discuss a common topic.
In (Most in the play), members will see a list of the party at that time a game and participants are playing, easily you can start the game from the list, you will be able to participate in the party. Also it can now be viewing request of game play screen to members. (You can get in the play) is, What's New, (Friends), and has been added to the message screen, profile of the (community), (message).
Message screen (message) has been improved. You can view the (Most in play), you can now start a party easily and members. In addition, you will be able to add your favorite group in the favorite group] of (Friends).
It is now possible to broadcast using You Tube ™.
It was able to upload a video clip to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum)

Version 3.00 Other features that are updated in the beta

Has been (Live from PlayStation) is improved. Not only broadcast, video clips, even on the screen shot I was supported.

Configuration

(Settings)> in the Accessibility> speed of automatic scrolling], we were able to change the speed of the automatic scrolling.
(Settings)> In the News], community to the item you can set the display of the announcement message, viewing request of game play, the event, the current song has been added.

Other

You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
Is added (message) to the (stamp), it can now be even more enjoyable communication and friendship.
(PlayStation®Plus) has been added to function items. You can check the content of free play and discount PlayStation®Plus, you can now get the latest information such as deals campaign.
In the Blu-ray Disc ™ / DVD player, it now supports accessibility features. We have expanded the scope of other accessibility features.
Game of the start-up limit can now be set while watching the age information and rating icon.
Sub-account for the children and I can now be created from the [new users] of the user selection screen.
Harmful use set of services to block the display of the Web site can now be from (Settings)> [Parental Control]. (To use the service, you might separate charge is applied.)

Gurish

Will we know when a friend becomes online? lol I still can't believe they didn't fix it, it's so basic, it should have been the first thing they do after launch, I'm seriously amazed by this.

see5harp

Friends notifications and the ability to turn off party notifications. I don't know how they went an entire gen having friends notifications (even for going offline) for a system that was nigh useless in actually playing with friends and then they go the opposite way.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The calendar is real. Imagine the customization options. Week starts on Monday or on Sunday.

Krakn3Dfx

Google translate:

Edit: beaten

Looks like some worthwhile updates to their online stuff, guess we'll see how quickly this makes it to the masses.

This is what Google Translate tells me:

(Event) has been added to the function item. From the list of events related to PlayStation, discover events, and participate, you will be able to watch.
(Friends) in (community) has been added. (Community) is a feature where you can find a player preferences and interest is close. You can create a new community, or you can join the already certain community. It can members and games and party community, you will be able to discuss a common topic.
In (Most in play), members will see a list of the party at that time a game and participants are playing, easily you can start the game from the list, you will be able to participate in the party. Also now be able to watch request of game play screen to members. (You can get in the play) is, What's New, (Friends), and has been added to the message screen, profile of the (community), (message).
Message screen (message) has been improved. You can view the (I'm home during play), you can now begin a party easily and members. In addition, you will be able to add your favorite group in the favorite group] of (Friends).
It is now possible to broadcast using You Tube ™.
It was able to upload a video clip to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum)
Version 3.00 Other features that are updated in the beta

Has been (Live from PlayStation) is improved. Not only broadcast, video clips, even on the screen shot I was supported.
Configuration

(Settings)> in the Accessibility> speed of automatic scrolling], we were able to change the speed of the automatic scrolling.
(Settings)> In the News], community to the item you can set the display of the notification message, viewing request of game play, the event, the current song has been added.
Other

You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
Is added (message) to the (stamp), it can now be even more fun communication and friendship.
(PlayStation®Plus) has been added to function items. Check the content of free play and discount PlayStation®Plus, you can now get the latest information such as special offers.
In the Blu-ray Disc ™ / DVD player, it now supports accessibility features. We have expanded the scope of other accessibility features.
Game of the start-up limit can now be set while watching the age information and ratings icon.
Sub-account for the children and I can now be created from the [new users] of the user selection screen.
Harmful use set of services to block the display of the Web site can now be from (Settings)> [Parental Control]. (To use the service, you might separate charge is applied.)

Pillville

oh please be something about changing PSN IDs...

....... I'm getting deja vu.........

2008: please allow changing PSN IDs
2009: please allow changing PSN IDs
2010: please allow changing PSN IDs
2011: please allow changing PSN IDs
2012: please allow changing PSN IDs
2013: please allow changing PSN IDs
2014: please allow changing PSN IDs

Now I'm seeing visions of the future.........

2016: please allow changing PSN IDs
2017: please allow changing PSN IDs
2018: please allow changing PSN IDs
2019: please allow changing PSN IDs
2020: please allow changing PSN IDs

so youtube streaming, twitter clips, and finding people that live nearby that are into the same things?

eh. not exactly mind bending stuff.

SJRB

Gold Member
Perhaps, if the stars align and swamp king Dhormamo receives the 12 blessings from the god-kings of the East, firmware 3.0 would allow me to change my goddamn avatar?

Perhaps...

Hype!

Simple google translation:

-(Event) has been added to the function item. From the list of events related to PlayStation, discover events, and participate, you will be able to watch.

-(Friends) in (community) has been added. (Community) is a feature where you can find a player preferences and interest is close. You can create a new community, or you can join the already certain community. It can members and games and party community, you will be able to discuss a common topic.

- In (Most in play), members will see a list of the party at that time a game and participants are playing, easily you can start the game from the list, you will be able to participate in the party. Also now be able to watch request of game play screen to members. (You can get in the play) is, What's New, (Friends), and has been added to the message screen, profile of the (community), (message).

-Message screen (message) has been improved. You can view the (I'm home during play), you can now begin a party easily and members. In addition, you will be able to add your favorite group in the favorite group] of (Friends).

-It is now possible to broadcast using You Tube ™.

-It was able to upload a video clip to Twitter. (10 seconds maximum)

-Version 3.00 Other features that are updated in the beta

- Has been (Live from PlayStation) is improved. Not only broadcast, video clips, even on the screen shot I was supported.

Configuration

-(Settings)> in the Accessibility> speed of automatic scrolling], we were able to change the speed of the automatic scrolling.

- (Settings)> In the News], community to the item you can set the display of the notification message, viewing request of game play, the event, the current song has been added.

Other

- You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
Is added (message) to the (stamp), it can now be even more fun communication and friendship.

- (PlayStation®Plus) has been added to function items. Check the content of free play and discount PlayStation®Plus, you can now get the latest information such as special offers.

- In the Blu-ray Disc ™ / DVD player, it now supports accessibility features. We have expanded the scope of other accessibility features.
Game of the start-up limit can now be set while watching the age information and ratings icon.

- Sub-account for the children and I can now be created from the [new users] of the user selection screen.

- Harmful use set of services to block the display of the Web site can now be from (Settings)> [Parental Control]. (To use the service, you might separate charge is applied.)

Fake Edit: Already beaten lol.

MUnited83

For you.
Community(possibly a miiverse-like thing) and Youtube Broadcasting sounds good, but this doesn't seem like a 3.0 update at all :/

Zemm

Sounds like we'll be able to create a Neogaf community where you can join, talk and see what people are playing without them being on your friends list? I hope that's right.

oh please be something about changing PSN IDs...

....... I'm getting deja vu.........

2008: please allow changing PSN IDs
2009: please allow changing PSN IDs
2010: please allow changing PSN IDs
2011: please allow changing PSN IDs
2012: please allow changing PSN IDs
2013: please allow changing PSN IDs
2014: please allow changing PSN IDs

Now I'm seeing visions of the future.........

2016: please allow changing PSN IDs
2017: please allow changing PSN IDs
2018: please allow changing PSN IDs
2019: please allow changing PSN IDs
2020: please allow changing PSN IDs

I feel your pain.

Top Bottom