• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Launching in Saudi Arabia (KSA) on December 13 + pricing details

~~Hasan~~

Sorry to post this here since i dont have the power to post threads anymore " thanks mod ^_^ "

anyway Sony had a conference yesterday in Saudi Arabia in the 4 seasons hotel " kingdom tower" and they annouced a release date for PS4 in KSA " assuming middle east as well" which is Dec 13 2013.

i also got some pics of the conference. feel free to open up a new thread for it if you want.

also please note my photobucket account wont last long too so you might as well save them to your hosting site if you feel like it.

the PS4 price stand alone is 1800 SAR
the PS4 + Kill zone or Watch dogs bundle 2000 SAR
the PS4 + Killzone + another controller and Camera 2200 SAR

8a1GxAC.jpg

hWhb22d.jpg

k6PRXIM.jpg

ww7M7M3.jpg

JefrjjM.jpg

o4Ly0fn.jpg

hjWHbRL.jpg

Skeff

thats 480$.

note that we do not pay Tax. so thats the full ammount we pay. my US Import PS4 is 440$ tax included. so its really something like 40$ more.

So the price is pretty good then, especially the Killzone bundle, nice. Enjoy your PS4's KSAGAF.

Saudi's dont be playing with their money. One of them could scratch their ass and pay for a PS4 with the change that falls out.

Make it rain

dmr87

the PS4 price stand alone is 1800 SAR = $480
the PS4 + Kill zone or Watch dogs bundle 2000 SAR = ~$530
the PS4 + Killzone + another controller and Camera 2200 SAR = ~$590

Added dollars, got it right I hope.

Cidd

Global saturation at its finest? just how many consoles are Sony making this year?

They must have some damn good yields to launch in so many countries.

I just hope they don't have shortage. I'm going to attend my friends birthday in January and would love to pick one up at Duty Free Shopping at the airport for good times sake. (here's hoping the prices in Dubai are in parity with Saudi).

Jotaka

People saying is expensive lol.. You guys don't have idea what is expensive. The price in Brazil will be close to US$ 900 :p

Sorral

Surprised that it is that cheap which is a really good thing and only 2 weeks after EU although it might sell out to scalpers and overpricers (even over there, sadly)...

Saudi's dont be playing with their money. One of them could scratch their ass and pay for a PS4 with the change that falls out.

Make it rain

Man, if you only people knew that it is nowhere near this kind of thing. I guess I shouldn't drive this into OT.

I like the sheikh looking guy sitting in the front. You can tell he's ready.

That's just the normal traditional Saudi clothing. A sheikh would look somewhat different from that especially in Saudi Arabia.

I just hope they don't have shortage. I'm going to attend my friends birthday in January and would love to pick one up at Duty Free Shopping at the airport for good times sake. (here's hoping the prices in Dubai are in parity with Saudi).

the PS4 is going to cost 1699 AED in dubai ($462 us dollars), so it's slightly cheaper there(the UAE doesn't tax as far as i think), anyway great pricing on sony's part. i remember the PS3 costing around $800-$1000 when it launched.

Jeels

It's insane how many countries the PS4 is launching in this year, do we have a full list yet (US/Europe/Australia/South Africa/Latin America/Asia/Middle East/India included?)

Considering the quantities that sell will probably be small it's probably no big deal provided that small amount won't be missed elsewhere.

the PS3 sold around a million units in saudi arabia alone, that significant when the population there is only 1/60 of the united states. gaming there is a lot bigger than you think.

BigDug13

It's impressive Sony can get the PS4 out in the Middle East this year.

Well considering that other story about Foxconn forcing engineering students to build PS4's, I don't think "impressive" is the word to use.

Which is why I'm not going to be one of those tooting the horn of hurrah at the fact that Sony is making more units even though I'm still buying one.

ClearData

It seems like Sony is releasing the PS4 like a tidal wave from west to east.

Americas: Nov. 15

Europe: Nov. 29

Middle East: Dec. 13

Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Korea: December

Japan: Feb. 22

(Thanks DMPrince)

Top Bottom