• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

golem

I have to say the 1440p? of Uncharted 4 is pretty disappointing after you've seen the megasharpness of other games like TLOUR

leng jai

Loaded up Ratchet and Clank on my Pro... It doesn't look that different? It also feels like it's running sub-20 fps. Very sluggish.

Whole post makes no sense to me. IQ looks much much cleaner and it's one of smoother 30fps games around, calling it sub 20fps is absurd.

KingJ2002

My Samsung JS7000 doesn't support HDR like advertised... completely pissed right now. I have a 4K set with no HDR

Nevermind. I read the post from DJRalford and was able to turn on UHD Color on my HDMI port. The color looks fucking amazing!!!

This TV can only enable it for one port though... gotta keep that in mind when TV hunting.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Google walmart inventory checker and use this for the SKU: 52901919

or you can go here and enter your zip to see what walmarts in your area have how many in stock, but I would double check by calling before you go to them.

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=52901919

Much obliged for the help, unfortunately it didn't work out. One place I called said that they probably had it in stock, but they didn't care that it was supposed to be available for purchase, if it wasn't out on the shelf yet they wouldn't bother putting out until tomorrow. Just straight up refused to help. Another store, after 20 minutes of ringing, someone finally picked up and just said, "Hello" and then hung up as soon as I started to ask a question. I drove a fair distance to the one that was supposed to have a decent number in stock, and while they said it was supposed to be available and in stock, they just couldn't find any in the back.

So no luck for me so far.

Kalentan

Whole post makes no sense to me. IQ looks much much cleaner and it's one of smoother 30fps games around, calling it sub 20fps is absurd.

It may not be running sub 20 fps but it feels like it. I don't know if there is something wrong with the camera but the simple act of moving it feels like I'm moving through mud or something. I remember it feeling really smooth at launch but now the movement and camera just feel off.

Come on... did you expect another game or something?
It's the same game. But it does look completely clean now. No shimmering in the distance. Are you playing on a 30 inch screen?

No? It's just unlike other games I've tested on the PS4, the IQ doesn't seem that different from launch.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Loaded up Ratchet and Clank on my Pro... It doesn't look that different? It also feels like it's running sub-20 fps. Very sluggish.

Either something is very wrong with your setup, or, well I dunno...?

Ratchet and Clank blew my mind. And I normally game at Native 4K on PC and have been for a few years now.

It is one of the cleanest games I've ever seen, the IQ difference is transformitive.

Also, the game seems to be running at a very solid 30 to me. No where near sub 20... that's insane.

CLEEK

Oh my god, someone help me. I've been working on this for over two hours.

Whenever I start the transfer, I'm met with with:

"Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.
There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy.
(NE-31175-7)"

PLEASE HELP. I'm met with this no matter how I do it (connecting directly, connecting through router, etc.). I have to get this transferred over. I'm supposed to be selling my old PS4 to a friend.

Tried it. Nothing changes.

I had the same issue. Nothing to do with PSN, it was my router causing issues.

To get the transfer to work, I connected both the PS4 and Pro to the internet via wifi so they could talk to PSN, then directly connected them with a single Ethernet cable. Worked straight away.

leng jai

Sony and game developers have done a dreadful job in communicating whether a game is running in "Pro" mode and how to enable a specific one if a game has more than one mode. The amount of people asking the same questions here over and over again about whether a game is even running properly on their new console is absurd. There should be a obvious clarification from the console or the game itself if it's running in Pro mode to avoid confusion.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sony and game developers have done a dreadful job in communicating whether a game is running in "Pro" mode and how to enable a specific one if a game has more than one mode. The amount of people asking the same questions here over and over again about whether a game is even running properly on their new console is absurd. There should be a obvious clarification from the console or the game itself if it's running in Pro mode to avoid confusion.

I don't really understand the confusion at all.

Games automatically run in Pro mode.

Games with multiple modes are selectable from the menus in game just like any other graphical option.

What is there to be confused about?

I assumed if I was running a game on the Pro and it had a patch for it it would run in pro mode.... You have to enable it in certain games?

Only thing I'm confused about is the PS4 Pro patches at launch for some games.

It isn't clear if Mafia 3 & Hitman have had their PS4 pro patches released, even though they're on the day 1 support list for example.

Was Pro support baked into some previous patch....is it delayed....?

The Last of Us doesn't say it'll run in 4k at 30fps also does it? The mode literally just says 'lock to 30fps' with no explanation of wtf it's doing in-game.

golem

I don't really understand the confusion at all.

Games automatically run in Pro mode.

Games with multiple modes are selectable from the menus in game just like any other graphical option.

It would make sense to show at least a logo on startup, especially for old games that may or may not have Pro mode. Easier than cross referencing some list on GAF.

HeeHo

I just tried World of Final Fantasy and it looks much, much worse! I thought it was my settings but others are experiencing it too and apparently can't be fixed until a patch.

I love the damn thing but what a bad first impression.

Marvel

could never
Noob question:

Got my clip recording set to 1080p, but checked on youtube the clip I uploaded only lets me select 720p?

How can I fix that?

bakedpony

Guys I have a few questions which hopefully will be answered!

1. The FAQ says we need the new premium HDMI cable for 4k with 60fps to work. Does this mean regular HDMI cables will work up to 4k 30fps only?

2. Will I need a new HDMI splitter that supports 4k? Do old splitters not work with 4k?

DjRalford

Wow R&C is so crisp it's almost unbelievable for a game, and the improvements to the IQ in playroom is absolutely astonishing.

What's a good technical showcase for when I set up my pro and 4k tv next week?

Gotta say Ratchet and Clank, it truly is Pixar quality in game.

It may not be running sub 20 fps but it feels like it. I don't know if there is something wrong with the camera but the simple act of moving it feels like I'm moving through mud or something. I remember it feeling really smooth at launch but now the movement and camera just feel off.

No? It's just unlike other games I've tested on the PS4, the IQ doesn't seem that different from launch.

Do you even see jaggies, in general? Not trying to be mean, by the way, but do they bother you? Because it IS a big difference in R&C.

The PS4Pro design is amazing actually! I've just realized that when you stand it vertically, both sides look good! Hell, the bottom side with PS Symbols looks even better than the top side!

The same thing for the slim, too.

Is there any other devices that do that?

Wow R&C is so crisp it's almost unbelievable for a game, and the improvements to the IQ in playroom is absolutely astonishing.

Gotta say Ratchet and Clank, it truly is Pixar quality in game.

R&C, the image quality is so good and clean, I'm playing it and I still can't believe it's running in realtime!
I'm getting spoiled. I can't go back to jaggies now!

GrazGamer

My TV LG 55UF850V doesn't say HDR anywhere but I have "Ultra HD Deep Colour" for HDMI 1 and 2 ports, anyone know what that is? Google doesn't seem to help much.

I had the 49UF850V and it doesn't support HDR. That setting isn't HDR although its the same description, or similar, for HDR on the newer TVs.

I have to say the 1440p? of Uncharted 4 is pretty disappointing after you've seen the megasharpness of other games like TLOUR

I thought UC4 looked stunning but in both games the HDR is the real game changer for me. It's like playing The Last of Us Remastered Remastered.

UC4 really needs a 60fps mode though.

Did you do this

Go to Menu, picture and scroll down to picture options and select HDMI UHD COLOR and select the HDMI port and turn on and you have HDR glory!

This should be in the OP in every HDR game/console.
Many people miss out on HDR thinking their TV doesn't support it because they didn't know about enabling UHD Color, WCG or whatever their TV calls it.

Peterthumpa

The PS4Pro design is amazing actually! I've just realized that when you stand it vertically, both sides look good! Hell, the bottom side with PS Symbols looks even better than the top side!

R&C, the image quality is so good and clean, I'm playing it and I still can't believe it's running in realtime!
mac-pro-gallery3-2013

And yeah, the Pro is really good looking. Sony nailed it.

Oh you ARE getting spoiled. And the jaggies in other games will only be more noticeable now. So hopefully more patches for older games and can't wait for the newer games.

My TV LG 55UF850V doesn't say HDR anywhere but I have "Ultra HD Deep Colour" for HDMI 1 and 2 ports, anyone know what that is? Google doesn't seem to help much.

Snap I have the 49 inch version but pretty sure that it's not HDR either, I tried running First Light and there was no HDR option that I could see to turn on.

This should be in the OP in every HDR game/console.
Many people miss out on HDR thinking their TV doesn't support it because they didn't know about enabling UHD Color, WCG or whatever their TV calls it.

I agree.. The only way i knew about it was because I was obsessed with figuring out if my tv had hdr. Found a 50ju7100 for $650 (open box best buy) and Samsung patched in hdr so I'm thrilled i got a 50 in hdr for that price

I just tried World of Final Fantasy and it looks much, much worse! I thought it was my settings but others are experiencing it too and apparently can't be fixed until a patch.

I love the damn thing but what a bad first impression.

It's the 1.01 update, they went bonkers on the depth of field blur for some reason with it, the game is almost unplayable until they patch that back to sane amounts =(

martino

so tired uncharted 4 and infamous

there is a resolution bump. but it's ligth and don't remove all shimmering (but yeah it's better)
(and uncharted 4 shadows (dynamic ones) are still as bad as on og ps4)
will try elder scroll online when 40 go download is finished.

Yes it certainly does look better, but it's not quite what we want. I'll be looking to upgrade the TV once Christmas is out the way I think.

I agree it is better but it's not HDR like I've seen on displays in store. I only got this TV last xmas so not sure I can justify buying a new one yet. I would love a 65" HDR setup though.

Impulsor

I hate the HDR in Infamous.

When there is something bright on screen, everything around it goes dark, as it should in the real world, but I can't see shit when I'm running around in neon or blowing stuff up with video powers.

Top Bottom