• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units (April 6th), 20.5M Software (April 13)

viveks86

Hm, interesting chart but I don't think it paints a true representation of how things actually are. I mean, you could use this if you had some kind of agenda or you could be sensible and unbiased. In which case, I personally prefer the following:

Are you telling me that we have the exact same handwriting? I have newfound respect for you!

alatif113

is titanfall relevant anymore? i mean the thing shipped and sell a decent amount..but make a dent on anything?

I want to see people's opinons on "Titanfall: Fad or Fixture?" and if they think so far if the game is just a fad or is it something they believe can be amongst the ranks of well established shooters based on player counts and how often they play.

Rosur

JKjtPoP.png

Nice chart though would like to see it with November and December added.

agree with the majority of the post. Im in us and still don't like any of the decisions MS made at reveal.

The last part I don't agree with. If MS and Sony had went with the DRM. I am a firm believer that the Wii U would have seen a major jump in sales.
No, it absolutely would not. A very modest bump at most, but that's analogous to buying "pro-American"; much less about quality of the product and more about some abstract concept the product barely encompasses.

People wouldn't suddenly buy a system because it doesn't have DRM, they buy them because they have the content and games they want. Nintendo's games (not counting the Wii Sports and such) do not appeal to the majority of the casual or core market. That's why MS and Sony consoles have routinely outsold them, and continue to do so.

Also you're conflating the preorder situation with DRM; that probably had more to do w/ people preferring PS4 for its power, line-up, and good will off the tailend of the PS3 moreso than no-DRM (that was a factor, tho, I'm sure).

It's N64/PS1 all over again (in that order).

I want to see people's opinons on "Titanfall: Fad or Fixture?" and if they think so far if the game is just a fad or is it something they believe can be amongst the ranks of well established shooters based on player counts and how often they play.

lot of my friends havent touch the game on the past weeks,me myself stopped playing two weeks ago..it was fun..but very shallow...for a full price game and only MP the game lacks a lot of stuff

Salex_

Is that list thread-worthy?

I don't think most people are even aware of Ps4's and X1's line up situation so far this year...

I forsee a ton of "quality vs quantity" comments even though there's only 3 games that aren't on PS4 on that list and they aren't critically acclaimed "GOAT" games.

A good amount of the other comments will ignore those games because they don't have a multi-million dollar marketing campaign. So regardless of the quality or amount of content, they won't exist.

Biker19

Banned
I forsee a ton of "quality vs quantity" comments even though there's only 3 games that aren't on PS4 on that list and they aren't critically acclaimed "GOAT" games.

A good amount of the other comments will ignore those games because they don't have a multi-million dollar marketing campaign. So regardless of the quality or amount of content, they won't exist.

It's ironic, really. There are plenty of great games that aren't AAA.

Skeff

Nov/Dec are about the same as Jan/Feb but in bigger numbers, I.e. PS4 has slightly more games, but not many more, in most of the PS4 has no games comparisons there are a lot of PS4 games that never come up such as Injustice, DC:UO, Warframe, Warthunder, Blacklight, pinball, the other pinball game, resogun, contrast etc etc.

Nov/Dec are about the same as Jan/Feb but in bigger numbers, I.e. PS4 has slightly more games, but not many more, in most of the PS4 has no games comparisons there are a lot of PS4 games that never come up such as Injustice, DC:UO, Warframe, Warthunder, Blacklight, pinball etc etc.

Yep people don't count a fair amount games for eg it seems F2P games don't count even though one of the biggest maybe the biggest game right now is F2P.

casmith07

Eventually when you have a large stack of titles coming out every week of the month the value of the console becomes greater.

Even though some aren't AAA games, multiple indie games create a large library of diversity.

And not only that, I'm a huge fan of the indie offerings that have been coming to PS4.

lord pie

What on earth happened over at MS.

XBL Arcade was fantastic and really changed the dynamics of the previous gen.
XNA / XBL Indie Games may not have been a commercial success, but 3350 games in a few years showed how much mind share it had with developers. I personally invested heavily in XNA and my graphics library has had over 20,000 downloads.

Where did it go?

meh, the "no games", or no "real" games (whatever that means) is really an empty statement when the system (marketed from top to bottom as a games first console) is being sold out consistently since launch.

Iacobellis

No, it absolutely would not. A very modest bump at most, but that's analogous to buying "pro-American"; much less about quality of the product and more about some abstract concept the product barely encompasses.

People wouldn't suddenly buy a system because it doesn't have DRM, they buy them because they have the content and games they want. Nintendo's games (not counting the Wii Sports and such) do not appeal to the majority of the casual or core market. That's why MS and Sony consoles have routinely outsold them, and continue to do so.

Also you're conflating the preorder situation with DRM; that probably had more to do w/ people preferring PS4 for its power, line-up, and good will off the tailend of the PS3 moreso than no-DRM (that was a factor, tho, I'm sure).

It's N64/PS1 all over again (in that order).

It's more like Saturn and PS1 all over again. Even the price announcements were similar.

Caayn

meh, the "no games", or no "real" games (whatever that means) is really an empty statement when the system (marketed from top to bottom as a games first console) is being sold out consistently since launch.
You can market the living hell out of one product with a certain marketing campaign but that doesn't guarantee anything. The PS4 "has no games" is more of continuation of the PS3 has no no games joke, which has heavily outlived its funniness.

Tabasco

Excellent.

I just wish there were more console exclusives worth playing. That's pretty much the reason I even bought a PS4.

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.
I'd be surprised if Sony won't ramp up production temporarily during Sep-Oct-Nov to build stock, as long as it keeps selling at this rate that is.

Paganmoon

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.

You can market the living hell out of one product with a certain marketing campaign but that doesn't guarantee anything. The PS4 "has no games" is more of continuation of the PS3 has no no games joke, which has heavily outlived its funniness.

it's not just marketing though, its the way the system was designed.

and yeah, that meme lived out its worth 6 years ago.

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)

lool

Top Bottom