• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 sells 360.000 units in Spain (7:1 Ps4:XBO)

GoxRx

Don't forget also very immature and single-minded.

Nah, I wouldn't say that. I'm just speaking from my personal experience on spanish websites/forums which has not been the best. I should have clarified that I was not speaking about the entire fan base.

Toparaman

Banned
ITT people celebrating the inexistance of any sort of competition in some markets.

In my opinion, sales threads for such niche markets as spain should be banned on GAF. Consumer base is too inmature and single minded here.

PS3 outsold Wii here at 600€ price.
NDS was burning HW figures, but then SW sales figures were noexistent due to rampant piracy. Flashcarts attachement ratios were crazy close to 1:1.

I can see a lot of people in this thread that would be happy if MS just cut supply and drop support. Hoping for them the best of lucks with their wishings would sound like a chinese curse.

Banned for being niche?

Also, not sure why you're acting like Microsoft can't compete with Sony. Microsoft has more than enough money and resources.

psn

The salt is real with these kind of posts.

Oh, please. Like Sony aren't doing anything about it right now.

Yep. Most people of USA/UK think that Xbox is THE brand, but outside of UK / US, Xbox has a low brand recognition whereas everyone in germany/spain/poland etc for example knows what a Playstation is. Xbox or Microsoft is an american brand and americans may have some loyality or sympathy for the Xbox brand because of that... But I guess nobody else...

Better price, performance (games) and brand recognition, the shitty reveal and negative PR they did by themself, features that won't work outside of the US, shady contract clauses etc.. No surprise for me how bad they are doing in Europe..For me it's a suprise how good they do in the US actually.

I don't know, what would be the BIG problem if Microsoft would cut the supply and drop the support? Except for the people who bought it, I don't think it would be that disaster you think of.
Most studios would develop for the ps4, which will have the bigger fanbase either way. No shady clauses, devs have more ressources because they only have to concentrate on one platform instead of two which should lead to more great games.
In the Ps2 era Sony dropped the price even tho they had no "real" competition. The ps2 era btw had some of the greatest games ever imo.

Competition is not always good. This is just my opinion, feel free to correct me :)

Patroclos

Banned
Yep. Most people of USA/UK think that Xbox is THE brand, but outside of UK / US, Xbox has a low brand recognition whereas everyone in germany/spain/poland etc for example knows what a Playstation is. Xbox or Microsoft is an american brand and americans may have some loyality or sympathy for the Xbox brand because of that... But I guess nobody else...

Just to clarify, as an American I have never once heard somebody say they bought an Xbox because it's American. Never once since the original one came out. I'm sure some do, but it is definitley not the prevailing, or imo even a common attitude.

Valkyria

Banned
Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Spanish culture (I'm an expert), but immaturity and single-mindedness are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being mature. If you screw someone over in Spain, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Spanish public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase The XboxOne , nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel the XboxOne for Spain or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Microsoft se acaba de disparar en un pie.

No se cuanto de la cultura española conocéis vosotros (yo soy un experto), pero la inmadurez y la cabezoneria son una gran parte de ella. No es como en América donde puedes tener éxito siendo maduro. Si fastidias a alguien en España, solo traes vergüenza sobre ti, y la única manera de deshacerte de ella es arrepintiéndote.

Lo que esto significa es que el público español, despues de oir esto, no va a querer comprar la Xbox One, ni comprará ninguno de los juegos de Microsoft. Esto es IMPORTANTE. Podéis reíros lo que queráis pero Microsoft ha alienado un mercado entero con este movimiento.

Microsoft, pide disculpas públicas y cancela la Xbox One en España, o puedes despedirte de tu negocio.

psn

Just to clarify, as an American I have never once heard somebody say they bought an Xbox because it's American. Never once since the original one came out. I'm sure some do, but it is definitley not the prevailing, or imo even a common attitude.

It will never be the only reason. If I had to decide between a BMW or a Ford, same price, same features, both great design, I would always pick the BMW.

Go to france and see how many french cars there are.
Or to US:
USA_auto-brand-market-share-april-2014.jpg

Germany:
Led755.jpg

There is always brand loyality in the mind of the customers imo.

Xbone was fun... FUN!!!

Lol :D

Same. I bought the og xbox because the games i saw interested me and it was pushing online gaming. But yea no one around me sees it as "an american console so we must be patriotic and buy it." If anything thats one of the reason its selling poorly in other countries. Its a console so focus on its home country that others dont want it.

leobebes

Banned

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Spanish culture (I'm an expert), but immaturity and single-mindedness are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being mature. If you screw someone over in Spain, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Spanish public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase The XboxOne , nor will they purchase any of Microsoft's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel the XboxOne for Spain or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Wait a minute, so a poster gets called out for suggesting that these types of posts are basically fanboy bait (even though he could've worded it better), yet no one calls out the unnecessary righteous indignation, usually reserved for despotic regimes, over a consumer product?

Maybe dr. apocalipsis was right, I don't think I've read a more immature post all day. Congrats, samuraidino.

Biker19

Banned

Same. I bought the og xbox because the games i saw interested me and it was pushing online gaming. But yea no one around me sees it as "an american console so we must be patriotic and buy it." If anything thats one of the reason its selling poorly in other countries. Its a console so focus on its home country that others dont want it.

Nobody in the US gives a shit if a product is American or not. It's lip service at best.

Agreed with all of the above. Plus some posters seem to forget that both Nintendo & Sony dominated in the U.S. with NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, & Wii, well before Microsoft "dominated the U.S." with Xbox 360.

Nintendo or Sony could easily dominate the U.S. again like they had done before.

Xando

Wait a minute, so a poster gets called out for suggesting that these types of posts are basically fanboy bait (even though he could've worded it better), yet no one calls out the unnecessary righteous indignation, usually reserved for despotic regimes, over a consumer product?

Maybe dr. apocalipsis was right, I don't think I've read a more immature post all day. Congrats, samuraidino.
You are a Junior so i guess you don't know but its a meme post.

B.O.O.M

lol been a while...good work mate

Microsoft se acaba de disparar en un pie.

No se cuanto de la cultura española conocéis vosotros (yo soy un experto), pero la inmadurez y la cabezoneria son una gran parte de ella. No es como en América donde puedes tener éxito siendo maduro. Si fastidias a alguien en España, solo traes vergüenza sobre ti, y la única manera de deshacerte de ella es arrepintiéndote.

Lo que esto significa es que el público español, despues de oir esto, no va a querer comprar la Xbox One, ni comprará ninguno de los juegos de Microsoft. Esto es IMPORTANTE. Podéis reíros lo que queráis pero Microsoft ha alienado un mercado entero con este movimiento.

Microsoft, pide disculpas públicas y cancela la Xbox One en España, o puedes despedirte de tu negocio.

hahaha Spanish version..well played sir well played

You brotha got Amir0xed brotha aka trolled brotha

translation: it's a good ole Neogaf meme post mocking a really old post made by the poster named Amirox regarding FF13 going multiplat

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ITT people celebrating the inexistance of any sort of competition in some markets.

In my opinion, sales threads for such niche markets as spain should be banned on GAF. Consumer base is too inmature and single minded here.

PS3 outsold Wii here at 600€ price.
NDS was burning HW figures, but then SW sales figures were noexistent due to rampant piracy. Flashcarts attachement ratios were crazy close to 1:1.

I can see a lot of people in this thread that would be happy if MS just cut supply and drop support. Hoping for them the best of lucks with their wishings would sound like a chinese curse.

Actually I think we should get more reporting of markets outside of the U.S. - the U.S. centricity of the tech press can create a distorted world view of things

Melchiah

that really puts how small some markets are into perspective, also how large the US market is.

Six years of PS3 sales were nearly twice as much in Europe;
- 37 million in Europe (including 5m in UK)
- 21.8 million in US

Puts how big market Europe is, especially for Sony, into perspective.

;D!
We have one!

soo many of you guys seem waaay to sad about this news

Yeah I think it is sad to be honest. I think after all that bullshit last year millions all over the world will never buy an Xbox One, when it's actually now a pretty amazing platform following all the updates. I know it's only human to have bias, but as I said, people just seem way too happy about any sort of negative Xbox news.

Just my view, I'm still a fan of Playstation and I'm happy the PS4 is doing so well all things considered.

Yeah I think it is sad to be honest. I think after all that bullshit last year millions all over the world will never buy an Xbox One, when it's actually now a pretty amazing platform following all the updates. I know it's only human to have bias, but as I said, people just seem way too happy about any sort of negative Xbox news.

Just my view, I'm still a fan of Playstation and I'm happy the PS4 is doing so well all things considered.

you misinterpreted my comment

banagher

Have you ever considered the possibility that perhaps when people purchase a PS4 over an Xbox it isn't a form of bias and that the product just simply isn't appealing to them, no matter how many "updates" it receives?

kyser73

Nice localisation.

Patroclos

Banned

Disclaimer; I have a One and a PS4. I think it is great Microsoft is getting this treatment. Their hubris and anti-consumer practices put them right in the crosshairs. They have shown that they have learned little and still continue to offer platitudes to fans all while suffering through PR debacle after PR debacle of their own making.

I didn't mind seeing Sony knocked off it's perch last gen and I don't mind it happening to MS now. They will suck it up now and not gimp their box next gen or they will fall by the wayside and a company with drive, innovation and new ideas will step up to the plate.

The only people I feel bad for are the consumers who were sold a bill of goods on the One. They can do plenty to make it better by offering fresh first party games and making it a better media box but they can't fix underpowered.

psn

Agreed with all of the above. Plus some posters seem to forget that both Nintendo & Sony dominated in the U.S. with NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, & Wii, well before Microsoft "dominated the U.S." with Xbox 360.

Nintendo or Sony could easily dominate the U.S. again like they had done before.

Great logic. There was no Microsoft console at the time of NES, SNES, PS1. and the Xbox came way too late for the PS2 to catch up as a new console..

There is always brand loyality. Look at the market share of american cars in america and elsewhere. What does it tell you?

Xbox marketing is really weak (practically non-existent) outside of the USA. It's really unfortunate but this is Microsoft's own fault. Here in my home country (somewhere in Asia) it's only Sony that has official support and the Xbox is just sold through grey markets. So, naturally, the Playstation is the only brand that people understand when it comes to console games. This hasn't stopped a few hardcore gamers from getting an Xbox and thankfully MS didn't push through with their original plan for Xbox back in 2013 --- where the Xbox wouldn't even work here at all (it would be IP locked, region locked, etc).

They've still got a lot of ground to cover. But i guess the silver lining to that is that the games they've been releasing thus far are really high quality games and well rated, and I'm ending up playing it more than my locally-officially-supported PS4 because of that.

Shahed

I remembered reading a quickly locked topic about something along those lines. Did some digging and here it is

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=809128

Shame it got closed so quickly. I can understand why, but there would have been some entertaining responses

mstevens

I live in the pacific northwest.... I have heard of loads of people buying the system because it's local.

Top Bottom