• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 & Vita Ultimate bundle confirmed for Europe

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Lock if old. Although most people are still watching Spartan:

PS4-Vita-Ultimate-bundle-confirmed.jpg

Sony will launch a PlayStation 4 & Vita ‘ultimate bundle’ before Christmas in Europe.

It will be backed by a £2.5 million ‘The Best Way to Play’ advertising campaign for the Vita that will highlight the ability to stream PS4 games to the handheld system.

Speaking to MCV, Ben Law the Senior Product Manager at SCEE said “We’re really excited for Vita as we move into Christmas. We’ve got a great campaign with key messaging around new releases like Tearaway, the ever-growing game catalogue and the Remote Play service.”

Sales of the Vita have been steady but not spectacular. As more gamers become aware of the benefits of playing next-gen PS4 games on it then it could give the device a massive sales boost.

SCEA have not made any announcements but if the bundle takes of then it could be also be made available to North America.

http://www.handytips.info/1861/ps4-vita-ultimate-bundle-confirmed-for-europe/

EDIT: Some people are having trouble with that link so here's the original:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/vita-ps4-ultimate-bundle-in-bound-this-year/0124782

Might give some momentum to the Vita, I can't imagine many people picking up the bundle over just the PS4 though unless the bundle is sold at a hefty discount.

Rafy

my ps4 is arriving in Dec. I'll be happy to cancel it if I can get this bundle for about 100 euros more.

This is the most obvious thing for Sony to do. I have used Remote Play 10 times already since Tuesday and it is so freakin good it is ridiculous. Almost got one of my top scores in Res0gun via Remote Play actually lol.

Nice. I may even buy it next year if it's not too expensive.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I wouldn't know what to do with a Vita. I'll pass.

meppi

Very smart move.
Glad this seems to be confirmed since the original picture is a terrible photoshop.
Thought it was fake at first.

449e ps4 + vita would be sooo gooood

I think that would be expecting a bit too much.
€499 seems to be an obvious price.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The Wii Sports of PS4!

Well, I hope it helps with Vita sales to some extent at least.

monome

BOOM.

I'm still delaying my PS4 purchase until Destiny is closer on the horizon.

and will enjoy Nintendo's heavenly good Xmas offerings in the meantime

Its a better deal than crappy game pack ins although redundant unless you're going digital. They need to actually advertise Remote Play and actually get the point of it across though otherwise it wont sell.

Given my built up PS+ library this is certainly interesting. Hard to see it being cheaper than the good Vita deals starting to happen...but we'll see.

Axiom

I'm glad more people will have a chance to play on the Vita, even if it's not the primary reason for the purchase.

Now if only Tearaway would arrive in my mailbox and they'd do a worldwide launch of the VitaTV

Awww yes, the perfect way for people to welcomed to the best handheld gaming device ever created.

I love the Vita and I think it had one of the best launch line-ups in history (which exemplified how unimportant that is compared to having a steady stream of good games) but let's not go nuts

Ovek

7Member7
Can't read the links at work, does it come with the redesigned Vita or are Sony still trying to get rid of old Vita stock?

Top Bottom