• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 available in stores in Germany

Shtef

I was in media markt in Berlin yesterday and for the first time in my life i saw ps5 on shelfs.
As people were grabbing them the staff would take out new consoles and replenish the stock, looks like they have a lot.

RlaRIRP.jpg

tommib

Pretty awesome to see them at MediaMarkt. Hope it stays like these. Fuck online. Always bought my consoles from stores directly by walking, looking at the box, pretending that I’m still reading the specs in the box and unsure if I’m buying, and bringing that to the cashier with butterflies in my stomatch.

#fixthesupplychain
#bringbackretail

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So good to finally see stock in stores. My local game just had them sat on the shelf behind the counter. Let the stock outsrip immediate demand, we need stock in stores for people who decide they just want to buy.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Crazy I saw (1) bundle yesterday in media markt... just sitting there with a controller, horizon and charging station bundled.
This is so fkn cheap. Sony should disallow selling these retailer bundles. Let people buy just the console

tommib

Lmao at Horizon being strapped to the box. Is that a media market bundle?
Yeap. Mediamarkt make their own bundles. You had no idea the amount of shit I had to buy to get my OLED Switch on launch day. All these plastic accessories for Mario Markt or whatever they are that I have in an unopened box. Even cloths to clean the screen. Super annoying.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

I was in media markt in Berlin yesterday and for the first time in my life i saw ps5 on shelfs.
As people were grabbing them the staff would take out new consoles and replenish the stock, looks like they have a lot.

RlaRIRP.jpg
Though there were only bundles with digital games. Noice.
I was finally contacted by Worten last week (Portugal), was on the the waiting line in my city store since the beginning of times. They had a digital ps5 for me like i wanted, but sadly it was a bundle with the game, two dualsense, a 3D Pulse and a 30 euros ps card lol,
i chose digital to spend only 400 euros on the next generation, already spent the savings for it, and now they wanted to sell me this shit for more than 700 euros! _ not scalpers or second tier shops, the frikkin Worten lol

jm89

Crazy I saw (1) bundle yesterday in media markt... just sitting there with a controller, horizon and charging station bundled.
This is so fkn cheap. Sony should disallow selling these retailer bundles. Let people buy just the console
Yeah same issue here in the UK.

Sony seem to dump alot of stock on retailers who want to bundle alot of stuff with it. GAME is the biggest culprit and when stock was scarce, sony always gave them more frequent stock, way more then other retailers.

The fuckers even started bundling in t shirts and baseball caps.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I was finally contacted by Worten last week (Portugal), was on the the waiting line in my city store since the beginning of times. They had a digital ps5 for me like i wanted, but sadly it was a bundle with the game, two dualsense, a 3D Pulse and a 30 euros ps card lol,
i chose digital to spend only 400 euros on the next generation, already spent the savings for it, and now they wanted to sell me this shit for more than 700 euros! _ not scalpers or second tier shops, the frikkin Worten lol
yep. Retailers were full on scalpers and I think there should be a law for this.
They are not "scalpers" but force expensive bundles. motherfuckers

tommib

That’s ridiculous. They want you to buy a digital PS5 with a physical copy of a game? I would have said something insulting. What am going to do with this disc? Put it up your ass?

tommib

Just noticed that in NL they have the digital bundle with that fucking annoying accessories set that you’ll basically throw in the bin. And they’re like 50 euros of pure crap. I hate this kind of shit.
DM1BpJM.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

Midn1ght

I saw the same pallet presentation in MM here in Belgium but everyone has to buy additional 3rdparty controllers and other crap resulting in a price of 700 euro.
Same, bought one of these combo last year, twice. Sold both of them and now I have 2 extra DualSense for my PC. Ridiculous.

Lunarorbit

So good to finally see stock in stores. My local game just had them sat on the shelf behind the counter. Let the stock outsrip immediate demand, we need stock in stores for people who decide they just want to buy.
I got "saddled" with a bunch of OK ish games after the bundle I ordered last year was sold out. I'm still happy but sucks buying extras you don't want

Zug

PS5 are mostly bought to be resold, not to be used.
I wonder what are the real figures of actively connected ps5s vs the selling figures.
Also, with this situation, no one buys accessories so retailers are left with a lot of them.

PS5 are nowhere to be found here, online or retail, since the beginning, I'm starting to doubt it actually exists.
Sony should sell PS5s online only to people with a 1+ year old PS account, and only 1 per account.

jm89

I wonder what are the real figures of actively connected ps5s vs the selling figures.
Also, with this situation, no one buys accessories so retailers are left with a lot of them.

PS5 are nowhere to be found here, online or retail, since the beginning, I'm starting to doubt it actually exists.
Sony should sell PS5s online only to people with a 1+ year old PS account, and only 1 per account.
So they are infintley resold?

Where exactly do you live that you can't find one?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

If Sony shared sales figures of their games this gen we could probs work it out. Playstation exclusives usually sell around 10 percent of the userbase so game like ratchet etc should be at around d 2.2 mill copies sold? Maybe.

ANIMAL1975

That’s ridiculous. They want you to buy a digital PS5 with a physical copy of a game? I would have said something insulting. What am going to do with this disc? Put it up your ass?
No lol it was digital of course, i must have have expressed my self poorly 😅
But that's everything full priced _ for instance, i could buy a 3D pulse if i wanted one for much less than 100 euros on a sale. I just want the PS5 and a second dualsense, i have plus since ps3 _ that's a library of hundreds of games _ and i had PSNow, expanded the thing another year, and now i have premium secured for a good period of time.... I don't need forced games, need the time to play them.

ANIMAL1975

yep. Retailers were full on scalpers and I think there should be a law for this.
They are not "scalpers" but force expensive bundles. motherfuckers
They are clearly taking advantage of the lack of stock to sell peripherals bundled, that's how you increase your profit margins.

Should be all hanged from a tree the moth......

Last edited:

tommib

They are clearly taking advantage of the lack of stock to sell peripherals bundled, that's how you increase your profit margins.
Absolutely. They’re bundling really low quality plastic crap like stick protectors that cost 15 euros.

One could argue they’re also bundling really low quality games like Forbidden West.:messenger_face_steam:

KaiserBecks

Sony should disallow retailer bundles? I suggest you have a chat with your local inpedendent store. It's Sony who forces stores to bundle all this stuff. Shops won't get PS5 allocations if they don't order software and peripherals as well. This has been going on for quite a while.

tommib

Sony should disallow retailer bundles? I suggest you have a chat with your local inpedendent store. It's Sony who forces stores to bundle all this stuff. Shops won't get PS5 allocations if they don't order software and peripherals as well. This has been going on for quite a while.
Sony and Nintendo are forcing retail stores to bundle cheap Chinese stick protectors and screen protectors with their consoles?

Ron Burgundy No GIF

• LOL
Reactions: TLZ

bitbydeath

Pretty awesome to see them at MediaMarkt. Hope it stays like these. Fuck online. Always bought my consoles from stores directly by walking, looking at the box, pretending that I’m still reading the specs in the box and unsure if I’m buying, and bringing that to the cashier with butterflies in my stomatch.

#fixthesupplychain
#bringbackretail
We call that Covid nowadays.

Spyxos

Gold Member

RlaRIRP.jpg
Now i see why Horizon Forbidden West was only 25 euros last week. Every Ps5 is delivered with one. Of course no one is buying it then.

i don't want to see anyone boasting about sales of HFW. sony is basically giving the game away lol.

You sure? Looks like horizon fw with a ps5 attached to it.
looks like 13 ps5 boxes with horizon fw attached to them but only visible on 4 boxes. 7 boxes are facing towards the camera and 6 aren't

Last edited:

onesvenus

RlaRIRP.jpg
I hope nobody takes sales of horizon seriously after seeing this. In Spain is also being heavily packed with the base console and some extra shit

Top Bottom