• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 5 available in stores in Germany

Gudji

I hope nobody takes sales of horizon seriously after seeing this. In Spain is also being heavily packed with the base console and some extra shit
oh they will try.
200.gif

why do you feel the need to defend sony so much? lmao you can call me salty or ignore me all you want but all i basically said was that people will try to big up the HFW sales but you shouldn't look too much into them because they are pretty much giving the game away for free with any PS5 purchase. look at Wii Sports.... 83m copies sold but it's not that impressive because it was included with every Wii purchase.

Gudji

why do you feel the need to defend sony so much? lmao you can call me salty or ignore me all you want but all i basically said was that people will try to big up the HFW sales but you shouldn't look too much into them because they are pretty much giving the game away for free with any PS5 purchase. look at Wii Sports.... 83m copies sold but it's not that impressive because it was included with every Wii purchase.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

KaiserBecks

Sony and Nintendo are forcing retail stores to bundle cheap Chinese stick protectors and screen protectors with their consoles?

Ron Burgundy No GIF
I said games and peripherals. And I was talking about Sony, you can easily buy Nintendo hardware without any bundles. But that’s the reason why you keep seeing PS5 consoles being bundled with a first party game and or a controller.

Last edited:

yurinka

West to become the new Wii Sports.
Well, Astrobot will be the new Wii Sports. Other games bundled like Horizon 2 (or soon GoWR) will change every few months as they do and did in Nintendo platforms, but Astro will continue there as Wii Sports did.

Last edited:

Naru

The interesting thing is that they are selling it for the old price of 499 + the shit they bundle it with. I think it was 543,99 €.

I've never seen this amount of salt for a game getting bundled.
it's not quite about the game being bundled. bundle games all you want. just don't be then posting shit like "Horizon Forbidden West sold 50m copies! What a beast!" because it should be made clear that the game was bundled with a console at one point which helped sales.

i mean i bought my PS4 and it came with Killzone. it was a decent game but the only reason i ever owned that game was because it came with a PS4 and at the time that bundle was the only one available for purchase. i'd never have bought that game if it wasn't for that. it's the same thing now...people are finding it hard to get a PS5 so if PS5 + HFW is the only option then they'll take it. I'm not hating on the game because I actually like Horizon and bundling it is quite a smart strategy to give it to people who would otherwise not think to buy it but at the same time there will be a lot of people out there who don't want it, won't enjoy it, or will just sell it to get some money back.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

i don't want to see anyone boasting about sales of HFW. sony is basically giving the game away lol.

looks like 13 ps5 boxes with horizon fw attached to them but only visible on 4 boxes. 7 boxes are facing towards the camera and 6 aren't
I hope nobody takes sales of horizon seriously after seeing this. In Spain is also being heavily packed with the base console and some extra shit
Sony aren't the ones selling this bundle and the official bundle costs more with the game than without. Do you think the store is selling the game for free with the PS5?
They make money from software, barely any from the console, they'll add other things to bundles to make more from it.
People acting like bundles are something new, only with Horizon.

jm89

Damn son, Sony just upped the price and consoles started miraculously pop up in shops. Makes you think 🤔
This fiscal year estimate they are planning to ship 18 million consoles, that is a shit ton. They probably don't want to take a loss on that many and said fuck it up the price.

Possibly might be more comfortable ramping up now.

Sony aren't the ones selling this bundle and the official bundle costs more with the game than without. Do you think the store is selling the game for free with the PS5?
They make money from software, barely any from the console, they'll add other things to bundles to make more from it.
what does it matter if it's sony or the retailer doing it? alright i said sony are doing it but if they had a problem with a retailer doing it they'd step in.

and i take it you didn't see my post right above yours? i'm not acting like bundles are new lol.

Last edited:
How else should I read "sony is basically giving the game away lol."?
read the rest of my comments?

OK it's not sony. it's the retailer, right? if sony had an issue they'd step in (feel like i'm repeating myself here...) so Sony are happy with this to go ahead.

i didn't imply that it was being given away for free. what i said was that it might as well be given away for free. it's being bundled which means it's either FREE or at a reduced price. It would suggest that the game is perhaps not selling well or they need to shift more consoles so they add a game in there.

and i'm not acting like bundles are new because, again (repeating myself), i said in my post right above yours that i bought a PS4 bundle with Killzone. if it wasnt' for this i would never have bought the game. a game being bundled might give it to people who would otherwise not buy it but at the same time (repeating myself AGAIN) there will be people who don't want it and will sell it to get money back.

so, simply put, what i was saying was that we shouldn't take sales of Horizon FW at face value. there should be a note that it was bundled (oh look i'm repeating myself yet again...). if the game sells 30-40m copies then you can't just post shit like oh wow look how good this game sold when it was being included in the sale of consoles whether or not the buyer wanted it.

is it really so fucking hard to understand what i'm trying to say here? or are you just being ignorant?

b0uncyfr0

God damn it. Id love to get my hands on one of these but being in Northern europe. It prob wont happen anytime soon :(

Any gaffers out in DE wanna help me out? :messenger_horns:

DragonNCM

I was in media markt in Berlin yesterday and for the first time in my life i saw ps5 on shelfs.
As people were grabbing them the staff would take out new consoles and replenish the stock, looks like they have a lot.

RlaRIRP.jpg
Nah... this can't be real.....photo is edited !!!

leo-j

HFW is a showcase game so it’s nice that Sony are pushing it. I am expecting ps5 to take over European sales for the remainder of the year vs switch.

KO7

I had zero interest in Horizon and was annoyed it was being forced down our throats here in Canada, but sucked it up cause I really wanted the console finally. I see they’re still doing that in other markets too.

onesvenus

I had to buy Horizon if I wanted a PS5 because all of them come bundled in Spain. I gift it to my brother because I didn't want it.
That's the only think that I'm saying, the numbers are being artificially inflated like it has happened before with lots of other consoles and games

Vlodril

Bundles have been a thing for decades. Both the console owners official ones and store unofficial ones. Why is it horizon that gets the blame suddenly? (I know its console wars but still how many mental gymnastics do you need to do...).

The way this is the first bundle to be a problem lmao.

Also, isn't this done my media Markt? That's not Sony's horizon bundle. That's an in-store forced bundle but okay.

Here in Portugal I've see stores including gran turismo 7 as well. What's the big deal?

Btw, according to the trophies, Forbidden west has been completed by 33%. That means that a third of everyone that has started this huge open world game that lasts way over 50 hours at times has seen it through the end. 8% of everyone that played this has gotten the Platinum.

These are quite great numbers for a game that no one wants to play according to gaf.

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member
read the rest of my comments?

OK it's not sony. it's the retailer, right? if sony had an issue they'd step in (feel like i'm repeating myself here...) so Sony are happy with this to go ahead.

i didn't imply that it was being given away for free. what i said was that it might as well be given away for free. it's being bundled which means it's either FREE or at a reduced price. It would suggest that the game is perhaps not selling well or they need to shift more consoles so they add a game in there.

and i'm not acting like bundles are new because, again (repeating myself), i said in my post right above yours that i bought a PS4 bundle with Killzone. if it wasnt' for this i would never have bought the game. a game being bundled might give it to people who would otherwise not buy it but at the same time (repeating myself AGAIN) there will be people who don't want it and will sell it to get money back.

so, simply put, what i was saying was that we shouldn't take sales of Horizon FW at face value. there should be a note that it was bundled (oh look i'm repeating myself yet again...). if the game sells 30-40m copies then you can't just post shit like oh wow look how good this game sold when it was being included in the sale of consoles whether or not the buyer wanted it.

is it really so fucking hard to understand what i'm trying to say here? or are you just being ignorant?
You are getting way too invested in this argument...lol.

Top Bottom